Barbara's Jolly 2007 Challenge

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Sierra
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post by Sierra »

Agnodike wrote:now i am dreaming of a lot of miracles!
Hey Agnodike... I checked out your blog. Just wanted to say that your writing dream is a lot like mine! 8) Just keep writing & the miracles WILL prevail! :) Sierra

pdhphd
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by pdhphd »

I started a blog 3 years ago but it went largely unvisited even by me! I had a noble dream to blog about my budding neo-Luddite thoughts. It was prompted by a conference I attended on robotics and AI in Europe. I thought it would be a good place to put those thoughts that were distinctly anti-technology and separate from my job in software and high-tech. Fast-forward 3 years, that blog still has no entries. So Barbara, the challenge you made has caused me to start a new blog (thanks to all who use WordPress) along the lines of the original thought I had but now I want to include other things, namely ideas I've had, jotted down and lost. I'm thinking a blog is a great daybook for a scanner... dan
Remember, 186,000 miles per second isn't just a good idea: it's the law!

Anita Marie
New User
New User

2007 Challange

Post by Anita Marie »

Hi All I've been lurking here for awhile- but I've taken up Barbara's Challenge and because I've used her books in the past I thought I'd share what I've done so far this year. I've promised myself that this is the year I meet my daily writing goals. I started writing about a year and a half ago and it was only towards the end of 2006 that I made a serious run at things. So far this year I've posted at least one new story a week at my blog Anita's Owl Creek Bridge http://anita64.wordpress.com/ and I've done more to get my work out there- I've joined writing groups and communities and that has been an adventure in itself Now as for phase 2! So far I'm thrilled- I wanted to write and I am, I wanted to be read and that's happening so now it's on to the novel :roll: so here I go, I'm taking up the Challange Barbara- so here I go. Anita Marie

athena
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post by athena »

:D Better late than never - I finally started mine on my personal science research projects that always get put on the back burner for everything else. I'm keeping as close to the intended format as possible by only focusing on one major project at a time. Check it out! <http://sciencetracker.blogspot.com>

Alexia
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alexia »

I'm the latest of the late starters with Barbara's New Year Challenge. I had ideas for my project, but couldn't do anything about them until the last few weeks, due to an overload of commitments in Cyprus this Spring. Now I'm in Poland again, and have been able to do some real work on the project, which is Embroidered Christmas Cards. I've had considerable success with these during the past few festive seasons, and feel that now is the time to widen the scope of this activity by giving displays with explanatory talks about the cards and their topics. My audiences will be mainly Church groups, at least for starters. I'm still very time-pressed, trying to catch up with jobs I didn't get done in Cyprus, but work on the embroideries is going well, and I'm absolutely determined that this project will be launched this year - somehow ! I've now started my blog: http://embroideredchristmascards.wordpress.com I'll record there my progress and ups and downs. Alexia.

BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by BarbaraSher »

Nice blog! Can you show us pictures? I'd love to see them.

Alexia
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alexia »

Barbara -- Thank you. I'm not sure about pictures. I know this is a graphic sort of subject which should be illustrated, but at the moment I really can't do it. Too many time-pressures. Don't have the know-how. Don't have photos, only a few photocopies. Don't have own computer, so have to use a netcafe. I know ... you'll have to come to Cyprus in December, attend one of my talks, and then you'll see the actual cards. They really are beautiful - some of my friends have actually framed them ! Cyprus is only an hour and a half flight from Athens ... Alexia.

sestinaverde
New User
New User

Re: Barbara's Jolly 2007 Challenge

Post by sestinaverde »

Hello, It is now New Year's Eve. Nearly a year ago I accepted Barbara's Jolly 2007 Challenge and started a blog, twigghugger. I am happy to say that I think I successfully rose to this challenge. The goal was to post each week. I didn't quite always manage that, but I managed to post something at least once every month. I look forward to bloggin in the New Year. Sincerely, Sestinaverde

Jan59
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Jan59 »

Hi Sestinaverde, I enjoyed your blog - a lot of ideas for reusing and creating with gift wrap. You're very inspiring in the way you present your material and ideas. I also accepted the challenge last January and I'm very pleased with the results, although I haven't been as faithful a blogger I just finished the last blog entry for my topic on traveling abroad and am closing this topic. It's been great to get all these ideas down in one place! See - http://jan-dreamwizards.blogspot.com/ I wonder if we should start a 2008 challenge? My next effort is about Business Consulting - see http://jan-preeminence.blogspot.com/. I'm currently taking a course with Jay Abraham and plan to start my new business in 2008. This one feels like a BIG challenge I hope the New Year brings great things your way and a Happy New Year to everyone on the forum! Jan

An8el
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by An8el »

I started a new blog where I have been including the art done by my favorite visitor these days - my nine year old girlfriend nicknamed "Tater." It even strikes me that this is the sort of thing that someone could do that would make money - do blogs documenting kid's art to preserve them for grandparents, posterity, etc! Check it out at http://www.tatersbook.blogspot.com BTW Ms. Sher - of course many people in addition to myself want the links to your fifteen blogs!!! Isn't that the point of this thread, to announce and update blogs that anyone might start in answer to your challenge?? Oh yeah, and remember to put your blogs in your profile here - so people could have a handy way to find them.

Alexia
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alexia »

I was a late starter with this project, so I'm a late finisher too ! Well, I did finish what I had wanted to do by December 2007, but for a number of reasons it's taken this much longer to get the photos on the blog. I was staying with Skannie recently in Bratislava, and she very kindly arranged the images for me, so now the blog is complete. Photos of the display and talk are at the top, and if you keep scrolling down you will find photos of the embroideries. Just click on: http://embroideredchristmascards.wordpress.com Alexia.