150 Steps in March

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

150 Steps in March

Postby paralegalgirl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:39 pm

OK, here's the challenge. Take 150 steps towards your goals this month. Nothing big - just little steps that take you where you want to go. A step is something that moves you towards your goals, and either takes at least 15 minutes or is emotionally difficult (like making a call you've been dreading). A goal is anything that moves you forward towards what you want. It doesn't have to be part of a lofty, thought-out goal. If you want to get in shape, your exercise sessions are steps. If you think you ought to get out more, getting out is a step. Each day, check in with the steps you've made so far.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: 150 Steps in March

Postby paralegalgirl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Goals for the month:
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:51 pm

Happy March Everyone I have got a number of items this month. I'm not expecting to do all of them, just some steps towards them will be a blessing. DO FORM GET ORGANISED That form I'm struggling with - I just unearthed something that will help me but it was filed in a place I didn't know even existed :shock: READ THINGS CAREFULLY Second time I misread that form. I must admit those tax credit forms are a nightmare as they send the same thing about 3 times a year but slightly change the wording so you think you are reading the same one but the dates are different. SON'S ROOM - REMOVE MY STUFF/DO PAPERWORK FILING GET RID OF THE CLUTTER/ACTIVITIES I'VE OUTGROWN/HOBBIES THAT CREATE STRESS NOT ENJOYMENT e.g. piles of books, craft mags (so many choices) All the stuff that is now hidden away in the other room needs to be sorted and removed as the room will be used in a few weeks. GULP! I love my bedroom now I've moved all the stuff that was on the table tops and floor into another room. It's such a relief not to have to think about all those unread books, craft projects, those good ideas that you will never have the time to do. CLEAR UNDER THE STAIRS AND IN THE COAT CUPBOARD - new board for the top BATHROOM CLUTTER BEHIND DOOR/BEDROOM WARDROBE FLOOR KITCHEN DRAWER CLUTTER SHOW S. ALL THE KEYS AND SORT OTHER STUFF IN THAT BAG DOORS - THAT NEED REPLACING - ONE IS URGENT (since before Xmas)
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby starbaby » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:15 pm

MY GOALS FOR MARCH 1. Have a healthy baby boy on March 25th, 2008 :D 2. Continue every day to go through papers. 3. Really spend quality time with my son, as these are the last days he will be an "only" child... he has a half-brother, but only sees him every other week end.... 4. Continue fixing up the apartment, decluttering, redecorating and cleaning. 5. Continue working with Laura to use the space to our best advantage. 6. Fix what is wrong with my fingers. DONE 7.Continue with journal. 8. Continue with physical therapy. 9. Sign up for Apartment Therapy's Home Cure Challenge on Monday. 10. Complete bedroom... IKEA purchases, everything, EXCEPT for painting and floors. 11. Do the best I can :D
Last edited by starbaby on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starbaby
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby An8el » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:50 am

Argh! Now starts my whirlwind of non-stop activity that is the next two months - a little race with my health about the onset of hayfever season. I've fluffed off most of the winter and it's been fun...Now I have to get the nose to the grindstone and make the money that I live on for the next few months. At least I know the work lets up in May, when the plan is I'll get to escape to visit my brother during the height of the dreaded hayfever scourge. Goals for March: Save money for ear-marked expenses concerning travel. Do calls for the bill collection to get more money to have as operating capital. Get stuff done I need to do before leaving March 10th - I've got some of the list compiled already but it's expanding. Finish sewing curtains for apt. is one of them. Pack my junk up to consolidate it. B/f has threatened to be redecorating apt. while I'm gone. Take care of my health by meeting appointments on time. Recondition my newly healed ankle so it's strong again and won't be reinjured accidently. Make a list of stuff I'm fetching from the mainland for my return. Back up more computer files so I'll have them with me when I go to mainland. Find a new place to store phone books downtown for distribution. Teach more Alexander private lessons before I leave. Work on my Signature Speech. Make more calls and plod away at progress on publishing biz startup for this year's edition. Finish second A.T. article titled "A.T. for Fast Learners" while I work with editor of online Mensa-type magazine. Make contact with my California people. Visit friends I haven't been able to see while I've been in Hawaii. After getting to CA, spend first two days getting new car registered, title transfered, etc. so I can be painting windows for shopping ctr. the day I arrive. Get Van functional enough to be using Van for moving stuff; liquidate what might be saleable that has been in storage too long. Get Rv functional to live in again while I'm there; determine whatever I can do without repairing Rv front end and fridge, which will take indeterminate money. Determine what this might cost by getting estimates, trades for signpainting, etc. Do bill collecting in person; sell copies of phone books that have been left over. Buy a new landline phone to bring back with me and use while I'm calling for phone book biz. Pay for new car by selling old van - get it fixed first? Pay off loans for car from my friend ASAP. Work on publishing project by phone calling and in person. Shop for "new-ish" laptop; consolidate old computers to the new-ish one and take files off them and disappear them. Be religious about hayfever avoidance routines before the season starts.
An8el
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:19 am

Hello ladies. Starbaby - can you explain the Apartment Therapy home cure?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby tapit » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:58 am

Starbaby- what a marvelous built in reward you have coming to you this month! Go, girl! My goals are many and varied, but for this month, I just want to focus on three: 1) Move my book along significantly. That means: rework the book proposal into killer proportions in time for the writers' conference on the 14th write the rough draft of chapter 4 2) Continue to live the fit life by going to the gym, walking and eating properly. Ideally, I want to lose 2-4 lbs this month. 3) Work daily on my "Solutions" kit to reach toward my goal. Today so far I've worked with the kit and signed on to this thread for accountability!
tapit
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby mango » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:23 am

I'm in for March. One good thing lately: my new medication gives me loads of extra energy, so I've been so busy getting things done that I haven't had time to post! I really want to get back into a posting routine. My goals for March: 1. Work on internet store idea. 2. Make necessary medical/dental/vision appointments. 3. Burn music CDs for my car. 4. Make laundry detergent. 5. Sign up for a bookkeeping course. Good luck everyone, and welcome to March! :D
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Mannix » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:23 am

Hello, everyone. Goals for this month: -- Make time for various "someday" goals I really want to do but consistently get put on the back burner. -- Continue to work on addressing negative self talk and cutting off bad attitudes before they take up too much of the day and/or lead to bad choices. -- Become a private student again through Alexander technique lessons. Go to first lesson with an open mind. -- Work on getting back to the weight I was at when I completed personal training. -- Continue writing in what has become an "ideal day" journal. -- Prioritize tasks and practice reasonable time management. -- Continue trading in some daytime TV viewing for more "power hours." -- Watch out for aggressive perfectionism. Immediate steps for the next few days: -- First run-through of federal tax forms. Fill in as much information as I have, make notes on anything I need to look up. -- Have my first e-bay auction posted on e-bay by the time I meet with my teleconference buddy on Wednesday. -- Continue workouts and watch what I eat. Enjoy those March winds! -- Mannix
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:47 am

Hi everyone. An8el: I get such a kick out of reading your goals.
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Lynx's March Saneness

Postby Lynx » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:43 am

Hello Steppers, For March saneness: Da FORMS
    Get TurboTaxMac research bad debt (never paid for $7500 of work) complete entering 07 receipts eliminate duplications Partnership 1065 Personal 1040 Sig Oth's Personal 1040 pack away receipts
Ace meeting with new client/GET offer for more work from them (Goal) Read Never Eat Alone for Consultants Support Group Share yet another personal technique on this list. Emotionally hardest: Update "death papers" —will, Durable Power of Attorney, advance directive This is difficult for several reasons: First, I feel so far from where I know I could have contributed. I'm 54, my life and the human world have not found a great match yet. I feel I'm spinning my creative energies w/o much traction, gain, recognition, etc. Ah, this helps. In my head, people who write wills feel ready to die! I'm not ready yet! The advance directive is even more difficult. The basic form is much too simple. For example, what if I'm awake, but due to drugs or high pain not much in a state to make good decisions about myself. Or I'm in a coma and before my coma I know there are lots of people skilled in helping people emerge from coma, but in a coma, what can I do? Alternative medicine: I am a Reiki Master, I would want everyone with any ideas/skills, to have access if approve by my POA person. And this whole family in charge, others take a hike is screwy. What do they know about me. Ah, you see where this can go. Marchin on, regardless. Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Mannix » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi, everyone. Well, I've hit a wall for this evening. In tape 3 of "Live the Life You Love," Barbara asks you to determine if you are in a "ready to learn" mode or a "resistance" mode. There is no doubt I am in that resistance mode! My resistance shows up when I fill my schedule with things to do from morning until evening, and it's tugging at my sleeve even as I type this. Despite not sleeping much last night, I managed to prepare most of the tax information for our accountant. That took about 3 hours. I also helped my husband clean out and sweep out the garage. Soon, we'll be able to park a car in it! Did about 75% of my planned workout this evening, but felt like I was coming down with something. Took my temperature and I have a very slight fever. Perhaps my body saying it's time to stop for today. Still didn't get to that e-bay project. It always seems to get pushed aside in favor of something else. Maybe I need to ask myself how badly I want to do this, or why I wanted to do it and is there a different way to get it ? My gig friend e-mailed asking me if I'd like to perform a 2-hour solo gig next Saturday. Haven't responded yet, but I think I may decline. This job would require my learning music I don't know, and I don't think I want to have that stress on top of playing on a shoulder that has been acting up for the past several days. I'm going to see the orthopedist later this month. Tomorrow afternoon, my husband and I are going for massages, and I am determined to take the day off! Well ... lots to think about this first day of March. Hope everyone had a good day, -- Mannix
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Movingalong » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:22 am

Made it. Just under the wire my time to make it on the 1st. Hi everyone. I'm going to try to stick with it this time. I haven't been reading lately. I hope everyone is doing well. One of my goals (that I just made up tonight) is that I want to start meditating more regularly. See you all during the month.
Movingalong
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Mannix » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:00 am

Good morning, everyone, Movingalong, welcome back! PLG, I like your idea of "what would I do if I won the lottery ..." What a great way to frame your thoughts. By the way, I'm a "sure thing" person, too. This morning, I made a decision in favor of finally healing this shoulder and told my friend I could not do the gig this Saturday. I think I will hold off on performing until I meet with the doctor later this month. Meanwhile, I'm starting Alexander exercises and will continue physical therapy exercises with very light weights/therabands and short practice sessions on the violin. Also thought some more about resistance to e-bay listings. Why do I want to sell on e-bay? To use it as a possible income stream. What's the big fear? Somehow screwing up the sale, have the customer get mad at me and give me lousy feedback. What are the chances of that happening? Actually, very small unless the customer happens to be a scammer or a nut. I'm selling piano music books, so what are the chances they'll get "broken in shipment?" The other fear is doing something I've never done before. If I'm going to find new income streams, I'm going to have to get used to that. And I still have plenty of time to get a listing on e-bay before Wednesday. I can worry about packaging and shipping once the auction is running. Wow, I feel so much better writing this out! Have a good day, everybody, -- Mannix
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:26 am

Mannix, I have 12 auctions going on eBay as we speak. Let me know if you have any questions.
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Success Stories