150 Steps in April

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

150 Steps in April

Post by paralegalgirl »

OK, here's the challenge. Take 150 steps towards your goals this month. Nothing big - just little steps that take you where you want to go. A step is something that moves you towards your goals, and either takes at least 15 minutes or is emotionally difficult (like making a call you've been dreading). A goal is anything that moves you forward towards what you want. It doesn't have to be part of a lofty, thought-out goal. If you want to get in shape, your exercise sessions are steps. If you think you ought to get out more, getting out is a step. Each day, check in with the steps you've made so far.

paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: 150 Steps in April

Post by paralegalgirl »

Hi everyone. Presently, I am not achieving my goal of getting a job and posting my steps doesn't seem to be moving me any closer to getting a job. Therefore, I'm on a hiatus. Good luck to everyone. Paralegalgirl

tapit
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by tapit »

Hi Everyone- I need this thread for accountability and support, so I'll be here regularly. Here are my 3 goals: 1) Lose 2 lbs and stay there!!!! Go to the gym 15 times and walk another 6. 2) Have 5 solid steps planned to get me to Paris on a project for 2 weeks. 3) Finish the new version of my play and submit it to another theater. Just enjoy life! Hope to see everyone here tomorrow...

Cheesecurry
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Cheesecurry »

My goals for this month: 1. Earn £100 in new work. (Small steps :D ) 2. Get two contemporary dance pieces choreographed - a solo to take further and a dance to teach. The rehearsals are happening in May! 3. Pick a habit to develop over the month and get it to stick. 4. Find a group of friends to act as support group. (Hello!)
Do more (Think less)

Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by Unity »

Hi tapit, Paula, sorry you won't be joining us in April cheesecurry - that's an unusual nic. Is that what you want to be called by us? I've got a sort of reverse goal - try and stop any compulsive buying, starting new things etc for the month. Then see what I have learned at the end. Where are the rest of you steppers?

flibbertigibbet
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by flibbertigibbet »

Okaayyy..... 1. Find a new job. Or at least work out what I want to do for a job, and makes steps towards it! 2. Make progress on finishing renovating my house 3. Get my budget sorted and under control. Blimey.. In fact, my goal should be.. Solve the problem of 1. Hating the job Im doing. 2. Having a morgage to pay 3. Not knowing what career to make a start on. Boohoooo!

mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by mango »

Welcome, new folks! My goal: get online business up and running!
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille

mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by mango »

Didn't do a damn thing today besides a big presentation at work. I hope to have a concrete step to report tomorrow. :oops:
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille

guinnessue
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post by guinnessue »

Hello, all! I plan to be active again as a Stepper, as I want and need to be accountable to myself and find it helps if I'm one of you all. My big goal for the spring/early summer is to get my copywriting business started and my main April goals are tied to this. I need to:
  • get my web site up and running
  • determine a niche
  • write my e-book (not really part of copywriting, but it is writing, and hopefully money-making)
Today, I:
  • read 25 pages in Stop Wishing and Start Earning (a book about starting a successful copywriting business)
  • called a recruiter about a new job she has posted
  • revised my resume
  • sent my resume to the recruiter
Cheesecurry,
Pick a habit to develop over the month and get it to stick.
Are you talking about a good habit or a bad habit? And if you're planning a bad habit, is it fun enough that we'll want to get started on it too? :P Glad to see you all again. Sue

Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Where are the Steppers

Post by Lynx »

Just Calm down, I'm still here Busy today with a trip to the airport for a business lunch and then bus back to my city and several small tasks. Too pooped to deal with substance tonight, so early to bed (10 PM) and see when my body lifts me awake for more attempts on goals. So said, they are
    Get Da Forms rendered unto Caesar on time (Legal render for all debts). Finish proposal for a large (for me) contract—Secure Contract Later this week use the opportunity of a 2.5 day conference to connect to three people Shift some of my promotional work to an assistant Attend another annual meeting and connect with the organization's president and show him my idea Attend yet another conference and .... Follow up within 36 hours with all contacts even it means staying up a bit later than usual Prep for a gig I got a call for yesterday Negotiate a larger fee than one offered for just mentioned gig Do it anyway even if I can't get more money Get to May in better shape than I got to April (Tapit, look!) Finish reading the Pathways book! Enjoy this thread and all the steps and wins you wonderful people share
Welcome to the several new people! You're beginning your journey on this site at our humble little thread. Howdy! Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel

Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by Unity »

mango wrote:Didn't do a damn thing today besides a big presentation at work. I hope to have a concrete step to report tomorrow. :oops:
telepathy or what !! Read my post on the fitness thread where I write about the concrete steps I went on today :D mango - I hope your talk went well. Today's compulsive buying/doing results - quite good Went on trip to museum hoping to see exhibits about the history of the town I was visiting. Happened there was a travelling art exhibitiion with famous paintings. I was in heaven as it must be over 20 years since I've seen paintings of this caliber. Bought the guide (necessary) plus a stone for my collection (I always buy one when I'm there) - not really necc. Good news - although I went into new and 2nd hand bookshops DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING (although probably might have if the right book jumped out :cry: ). Plus I went into the ancient cathederal and didn't buy anything either. Also the art guide will be necessary for another of my longstanding projects. For those of you that have followed this thread for a long time might remember that a long time back I started LEONARDO DA VINCI WORKBOOK but hadn't managed to see any famous paintings up close until now.

tapit
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by tapit »

Hi Everybody! I feel as if I'm walking into a room full of old friends. And I'm so impressed by all of the buisnesses that are a'hatchin' here like easter eggs! 1) I've decided to ditch the bathroom scale for this month, live as healthfully as I can and see what the numbers are on the 30th. So I went to the gym yesterday and had a good cardio workout, followed for the first time by a weight machine. (Have decided to add one weight machine a month until I can do the whole circuit by this time next year.) My goal is only 2lbs down by the end of the month, so.... 2) I've been thinking more and more about the Paris gig, and have outlined a couple of steps. First, check the Paris english-language expat forums online. Then begin looking for a class I'd love to take and offer my video skills to get to go along for free. It's a possibility, though maybe a bit "pie-in-the-sky". But at this stage, I'm going to consider anything. 3) Got the first act of the play tightened up, revised, and rewirtten and the first ten pages of the brand new second act. Have contacted my old playwriting group about reading it when I finish it and giving me their feedback. I really trust these guys, so it will be a great support. After they give me their input, I'll rewrite and work with the actors here who have agreed to read for me for development purposes! Until tomorrow...

Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by Mannix »

Hi, everyone, happy April! Goals for the month: 1. Set goals that can realistically be achieved in one month. 2. Continue blocking time during the day to work on various projects. 3. "Live the Life You Love" tape series - do at least 2 "reality exercises" from tape 2. Get at least halfway into the exercises on tape 4. (Already finished tape 3.) 3. Get weight down to about 3-5 pounds less than where I am now. 4. Set up one plan for a trip to New Mexico/S.W. U.S. 5. Amended home improvement goals: Finish sorting through random paper piles on my desk and some in the basement. Catch up on laundry, sort through overstuffed drawers, donate unused clothes to charity. Set up drawers or closet space for husband's sweats, which reside in a huge pile on a chair right now. Clean off deck so it's ready for use in warmer weather. Take down stuff from Christmas! :oops: ** MAINTAIN PROGRESS. ** For today: -- Decide whether I want to be a judge at a Solo-Ensemble festival at the end of the month. (Same type of festival the aforementioned viola student was practicing for ... this one is a little later.) Pros: -- Additional opportunity to earn money and dinner provided. -- Professional development opportunity and exposure as a teacher. -- I have to be there anyway because 2 of my other students are performing at this festival. (Although if I don't judge, I won't have to be there as long.) Cons: -- I don't want to do it! :? It involves about 4 hours straight listening to student performances and writing comments. Judges are expected to write specific comments on all aspects of each performance, but there's no time to write in between. If you take any time to think, you can get way behind. If you set aside a comment sheet to finish later, you've forgotten what you were going to say by the time you can get back to the sheet. Sigh ... I feel like this might be my inner brat talking. Maybe lightning will strike later today. Mango, thanks for the e-bay comment. I'll send an e-mail again today.
Last edited by Mannix on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

tapit
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by tapit »

Mannix- Only do it if you love it! (Take it from a new convert to that philosophy!!!)

Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by Mannix »

Thanks for the reminder, Tapit. I've been imagining I agreed to do this. I find myself dreading that date on the calendar. So I guess I have my answer.