Celebrating my success!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Celebrating my success!

Postby nowdesigns » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:13 pm

In September of 2005 the following was the subject of my message: 58, divorced, business failing, I need a job -- any ideas? I recently added a post to it as encouragement for anyone who may find themselves as helpless as I was feeling 2-1/2 years ago. Someone suggested I add it to the success stories and others wondered what happened during those 2-1/2 years. So here is a little synposis of the past couple years -- The business failed. I filed personal bankruptcy, moved to FL and lived with my daughter and her family for over six months before finding a new job. At one point I had three part-time jobs but finally connected with the "right" one at a university. The new job is challenging and interesting using much of my past non-profit accounting experience and skills. The pay and benefits are the best I've ever had -- and I think in this case my age and experience is what landed me the job. In addition, I'm not sure I would have had the confidence I needed had this opportunity presented itself eariler in my life. Having passed through "the fire" so to speak, I have a new respect for me. In addition to the job, I've written a book, "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Backyard Adventures" which will be available in bookstores in May. This month, three of my wall hangings will be exhibited in a state-wide Florida show. So please join me in celebrating some wonderful and unexpected successes -- after feeling like such a failure! Nancy
Nancy Worrell aritist ● author ● designer http://www.nancyworrelldesigns.com
nowdesigns
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Celebrating my success!

Postby Nd2FndME » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:52 pm

WAY TO BOUNCE BACK NANCY!!!!!! :lol:
Because peace is what it's all about!
Nd2FndME
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Beebelle » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:35 pm

well done nancy. love hearing these stories...why i came to the boards in the first place!
Beebelle
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby velvet » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Wow, Nancy, that is really incredibly great news! How encouraging to hear how you were able to turn it around and bring about success. Congratulations on the excellent job (and your courage to work those other three jobs in the meantime until it worked out into something better)! I know university hiring policies are challenging, and I'm very impressed you got that job. It is especially inspiring to hear how you have also been productive in creative projects. Good job on the book about to be published and the wall hangings to be exhibited in Florida. That's really exciting to me to see you flourishing creatively. :) Thanks, too, for telling us about your initial post. It's good to see the rest of the story. :)
I see that they are happy, not because they got luckier than all the rest of us when they found each other, but because they passionately desire and believe in their happiness.- Susan Page Destination, Determination, Deliberation! - Twycross, HP&TH-BP
velvet
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Success Stories