It's a girl!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

It's a girl!

Postby katchal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:13 am

Two weeks ago, we added a new member to our family - a baby girl named Evelyn Siobhan. Image She is so dainty and adorable. She's already wrapped her father around her tiny finger and has her older brother offering to share his cookies and binkies. We've been overwhelmed with so many generous gifts of the cutest pink, frilly clothes that she looks like a little princess every day (at least when she's not doing her Lynda Blair impersonation with the projectile spitup!) I can't believe what a delight she is. When her brother was born 17 months ago, all I wanted was for him to be healthy, happy and smart and to try to be a decent mother for him. Luckily, he's pretty healthy (considering he goes to daycare), usually happy, and freakishly smart. (It's a boy! - http://www.barbarasher.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18358&p=172071) I'm probably not the greatest mother, but we do have a lot of fun together and I haven't dropped him on his head yet or morphed into a mean, unreasonable bitch. Luckily his father IS the greatest dad, so he's got that going for him - which is nice. :-) It's so different having a girl! I want Evelyn to be healthy, happy and smart, too. But I am also dreaming of all the things she can accomplish in her life and how much fun it will be to teach her. I'm the 4th generation entrepreneurial business woman in our family and I REALLY want Evelyn to grow up to extend the legacy into the 5th generation. Sure, I know I can't push her too hard or she'll probably rebel and do something horrible like become a government bureaucrat, but I can't resist dreaming about all the fun we can have discussing business plans and corporate strategy someday. And she has very long fingers, so I can't resist imagining how well she will play the piano and the flute and how much fun it will be to play duets someday. And when she launches herself head first across my lap toward her bottle, I can't help wondering if she'll show the same enthusiasm and fearlessness in her ballet and gymnastics classes. Of course, I'll teach these skills to the wiggle boy too, but there isn't the same sense of urgency and yearning with him. It's really odd.
katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: It's a girl!

Postby Unity » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:20 am

Katchal, congratulations. What a beautiful baby. I hope you are finding time to take care of yourself as well as the family.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:23 am

Congratulations! She's so cute!
katchal wrote:Sure, I know I can't push her too hard or she'll probably rebel and do something horrible like become a government bureaucrat, but I can't resist dreaming about all the fun we can have discussing business plans and corporate strategy someday.
I'm visualizing the next Alex (Evelyn) P. Keaton, here. :)
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby sgoldie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:13 pm

Oh Katchal, how wonderful! I must have missed the previous post about your boy. I remember those days, they were hectic and yet so much fun, the best days of my life. The next 18 years are going to be so fantastic you won't believe it. Congratulations. It makes me want to cry.
sgoldie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Jane B » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:16 pm

Congratulations! She is adorable! Thanks for sharing the wonderful news.
Jane B
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Vickih » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:20 am

Congratulations! She is so beautiful :D
www.yourspiritualself.com
Vickih
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby pattyn » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Congratulations, Katchal! What a delight.
- Patty Newbold
Director, Sher Success Teams
Marriage Education Author/Speaker - assumelove.com - enjoybeingmarried.com
pattyn
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby katchal » Thu May 01, 2008 12:58 pm

Thanks so much for all the good wishes! I have her all to myself this week and am enjoying the luxury of doing nothing but cuddling and caring for her all day long.
katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Halcyon Chapter » Wed May 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Dearest Katchal, I am so happy for you!!! For three years and almost four months I have been savouring life with my daughter. I don't have a boy so I can't compare, but I can say that my husband and I enjoy our little girl INTENSELY in a million ways. I think girls bring a special joy to their parents. I'm very very happy for you. Cat
Halcyon Chapter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Halcyon Chapter » Wed May 14, 2008 2:59 pm

P.S. I'm impressed that you have the energy to visit the board.
Halcyon Chapter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby velvet » Mon May 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Oh Katchal, congratulations! I am so thrilled for you. Evelyn is a beautiful name (one of my favorites). You dont have to be a perfect mom, it just helps to know your children want *you*. and you can share you with them. and the best parts about being with children comes in those magical moments that make you smile. here's to many, many happy smiles together. velvet
I see that they are happy, not because they got luckier than all the rest of us when they found each other, but because they passionately desire and believe in their happiness.- Susan Page Destination, Determination, Deliberation! - Twycross, HP&TH-BP
velvet
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Success Stories