I Want To Thank Everyone!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

I Want To Thank Everyone!

Postby Staceyy » Mon May 12, 2008 9:18 am

Thank you everyone! Because of the good advice I received here on the boards, my business The Diabetic Pastry Chef is becoming wildly successful! Per your advice, I started a blog less than a year ago and implemented some of your other suggestions, but I never got around to monetizing it. I just from time to time would add some new posts and recipes. Well about a month ago, a large well known international pharmaceutical company happened upon my blog and offered to sponsor me to do baking demonstrations for them. Then I was contacted by a Food Network chef who wants me to devise recipes and write a newsletter and articles for his website. I signed up to give classes at a community college and I'm getting new offers everyday! I've also begun to write a cookbook. So thank you! thank you! thank you! I also want to give special thanks to Soni , who graciously gave me tons of free advice and to Barbara Sher for this website and all the books she's written over the years that have kept me motivated. Stacey http://www.diabeticpastrychef.com
Staceyy
New Poster
New Poster

Re: I Want To Thank Everyone!

Postby polymath » Mon May 12, 2008 9:25 am

That's incredible, Stacey. Great job!
Polymath ". . .a wealth of information creates a poverty of attention and a need to allocate that attention efficiently among the overabundance of information sources that might consume it." - Herbert Simon
polymath
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby AVATC » Mon May 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi, Stacey! I'm so thrilled to read about your stellar success! All of the books that I read say that it happens this way. Even Thoreau's famous quote applies here: I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. Your amazing story inspires all of us to keep advancing confidently toward our own dreams! Congratulations, and best wishes for your continued success!
Karen Commins
http://www.KarenCommins.com
My audiobooks on Audible.com: http://goo.gl/3A5Mu6
AVATC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon May 12, 2008 12:54 pm

What a wonderful success story and what a great idea! Congratulations!!!! You deserve it and we're so proud of you!!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Mon May 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby DJCNOR » Mon May 12, 2008 1:28 pm

That's downright inspirational!!!!! Donna
DJCNOR
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Serial Diver » Mon May 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Hey Stacey, Congratulations! That is so cool. Way to step out & take action, and how delightful to see the success that followed! And thank you for coming back to share your success. Inspires all of us to take real steps on our dreams. Well done! SD
Serial Diver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby dani » Mon May 12, 2008 10:34 pm

Staceyy, I couldn't be more thrilled for you! :D :D I remember the original postings and then visited your blog and left some comments. It's always great to read about someone succeeding because of these forums. You're a real inspiration! Best, dani :)
dani
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby tapit » Tue May 13, 2008 2:00 pm

Stacey- What an inspiration! Thanks for letting us know about this.
tapit
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby katchal » Wed May 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Hooray! :D
katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby TheGoToGuy » Wed May 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Stacey, Congratulations on all your success. This is a marvelous example of the power involved in 'getting yourself out there!' By making something tangible out of your ideas, you gave them life and let other people find them... and by extension, you! To anyone out there who is thinking starting a blog 'someday' to write about your passions, re-read Stacey's post and soak up some inspiration, then go start your blog now!!! Thanks again for sharing this success story. Andrew Seltz The Go-To Guy! www.GoToGuyEnterprises.com/blog/
Andrew Seltz
Author, Publisher, Marketer, and Media Producer
Visit My Blog: http://www.AndrewSeltz.com
TheGoToGuy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby velvet » Mon May 19, 2008 6:38 pm

I'm doing the happy dance for you, too. what a great story - doing the very thing that only you could do! congratulations on following your heart. velvet
I see that they are happy, not because they got luckier than all the rest of us when they found each other, but because they passionately desire and believe in their happiness.- Susan Page Destination, Determination, Deliberation! - Twycross, HP&TH-BP
velvet
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Success Stories