150 Steps in August

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Shiral
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: 150 Steps in August

Post by Shiral »

Hello all, AUgust has been a month full of depression and resistance, for me. However, my main message is, if any of you get an email from shiral14@hotmail.com delete it and block it from your email account. My hotmail account was stolen this morning--I can't get in I've told the hotmail people I want it deleted, and have been changing passwords all day. Melissa In a Big Red Fury :evil: :evil: :evil:

jewelB
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post by jewelB »

Hi, Shiral ! Thanks for the heads up, and so sorry to hear it's been a tough month. Thursday steps: 94. worked setting up forum 95. made cheat sheet for forum 96. wrote some material for e-course promo (hard/scary) 97. proofed and sent excursion paper 98. set up dvd player in exercise space (btw-- I don't have an exercise truck :) ) 99. set up treadmill 100. worked on setting up forum again All for now --jewelB

An8el
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by An8el »

Bummer, Shiral-Melissa, sorry you had to deal with those problems. Dropped my hotmail account eons ago. Other sites that offer email don't clear your account if you don't check in on a regular schedule, so try one of them if you're looking for a new address.
You continue to show yourself as healthy by cutting ties, repairing damages, and moving on! Way to go!!
JewelB - you have no idea how much that comment meant for me - thanks so much for that. Kept reminding myself that I didn't pick this guy, but only decided to keep him in spite of I knew his grisly past because I was convinced that he wouldn't turn into an abuser - and sort of admired him for that. Didn't get personally abused, only my stuff got a little trashed. Hey - managed to scrape enough money together from various favors called in to possibly pay for the insurance deadline on my car...! Tomorrow I'll see what the cost is for only the car I'm driving when I call to cancel insurance for the retired SUV in my driveway with it's brake calipers scraping. No use paying anymore for a car that doesn't work and is parked off-street. Let's hope that I can sell it before the registration expires by the end of the month. Ah...one deadline after another is looming. Fortunately, I know myself to be a deadline driven person so these deadlines will most probably be "character building." :bash: Hey, at least the rent is paid for this month, yippeee!

jewelB
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post by jewelB »

An8el-- glad to be supportive! Lynx-- wise to spend some time for yourself! I've been curious about those icons, too. Did they just start appearing in the last couple of weeks, or was I blind? Mannix-- update us when you feel like it. We're all cheering for you! Handling of that computer mess. . . whew!! 101. Lots of time prepping my forum (actually, lots of time trying to teach myself how to do simple things! :lol: ) 102. Wrote a prototype of e-course promo email to send next week (stressful, go figure) 103. Observing my eating in the past few days-- less quantity, less sugar, I think. Hopefully will finalize prep of exercise space today (errands to run, etc) And continue to fiddle with that forum! --jewelB

jewelB
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post by jewelB »

Friday pm and Saturday steps: 104. Installed full-spectrum light in exercise space 105. Set up scale (yikes!) 106. Lots of forum work

Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

G'bye August!

Post by Lynx »

A month, a day, an hour tis never as planned! Still, feel I had adequate productivity this month: applications submitted, people called, meetings held. Missed my goal for my blog and improved my web pages in several places. Had the customary issues in the techno world: missed email due to somehow having my storage at capacity (only a handful. I know thanks to the nice folks at drizzle who were able to at least identify some of the incoming messages I didn't receive). September stacks up for major intensity: so I'll save my comments and goals, and angst ridden wails for that thread. Carry on, L.
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel

Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: G'bye August!

Post by Mannix »

Lynx wrote:A month, a day, an hour tis never as planned!
Lynx, love the quote, and it's so true! And I've put up a fresh new 150 Steps posting for your wailing pleasure. :) This month I saw some progress and also took some backslides. I did learn some things about my resistance patterns, after I thought I knew everything about them. It's hard to think about new monthly steps in the middle of a holiday weekend, but onward we go. Hope everyone is enjoying the end of the summer, -- Mannix