I Did It! First Blog / Ad Sense / Affiliate Link!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

I Did It! First Blog / Ad Sense / Affiliate Link!

Postby Buttercup » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Although I have not been on the boards for a while, this step is all due to the support I have received here! Thank you, thank you! I've started my first blog. But that's not the exciting part. I finally figured out how to "do" Google Ad Sense and an affiliate marketing program (I've started with Amazon). Like many of you, I have ideas rolling around in my head all the time. Getting them executed is a whole other universe! :bash: :lol: After reading Andrew Seltz's (the go-to guy) posts this week, I got the encouragement I needed to take another step. Andrew reminded me that most of what we want to do is not rocket science. :shock: The key is to JUST DO IT. I spent thousands in therapy learning the same thing. I suppose it's time to tap into my investment! :lol: My blog will be a place to have a cup of joe and share my ramblings on procrastination (hopefully overcoming it), de-cluttering, getting organized, self-improvement, etc. I don't expect a big audience (if any audience at all), it's just my first step in a network of ideas I have and it would be frosting on the cake if I get any visitors or can help anyone in their own journey. Thank you again to all of you! This group is the BEST! I would ever so grateful to anyone who has a moment to come on over for a visit. I’m here: http://lazygirlcottage.blogspot.com/ And mind you, I’m a complete novice and numskull about all this stuff, but I’m happy to answer any questions I can about any of my discoveries. Blessings! --Buttercup
The Best Things in Life Aren't Things http://lazygirlcottage.blogspot.com/
Buttercup
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: I Did It! First Blog / Ad Sense / Affiliate Link!

Postby guinnessue » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Way cool about about the blog and affiliate discovery. I have a WAY off topic question: is that an Irish Wolfhound? Sue
guinnessue
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Buttercup » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi Sue, All I know is that she's part Airedale Terrier. She's a rescue and that's all the Humane Society knew. Your guess is a good one - and she could be part IW. She definitely has some of that look. Whatever, she is a sweet, sweet girl. I'm a very luck mommy! :)
Last edited by Buttercup on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Best Things in Life Aren't Things http://lazygirlcottage.blogspot.com/
Buttercup
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby victoria3 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:27 am

Congratulations on putting your ideas into ACTION!!!
victoria3
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby TheGoToGuy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Buttercup wrote:...After reading Andrew Seltz's (the go-to guy) posts this week, I got the encouragement I needed to take another step. Andrew reminded me that most of what we want to do is not rocket science. :shock: The key is to JUST DO IT... --Buttercup
Buttercup, I've been off the forum for a while due to some external time demands (birth of a second child, relocation, job layoff pushing me to fulltime self-employment, etc.) I just stopped in to look around and was pleasantly surprised to see your post. It's great to hear that you went ahead and 'put something out there' to see what would happen. I hope that the experience has been rewarding for you. Keep up the great work, Andrew Seltz The Go-To Guy! www.GoToGuyEnterprises.com
Andrew Seltz
Author, Publisher, Marketer, and Media Producer
Visit My Blog: http://www.AndrewSeltz.com
TheGoToGuy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Movingalong » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Hi Buttercup, I just came here to get some inspiration from Andrew The Go-To Guy. I've been mulling over putting up a blog as well. I'm glad to see both of you in the same thread! I took a look at your website and liked what I saw. I wish there were more. Good luck with your blog! Still trying to be, MovingAlong
Movingalong
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Success Stories