Mice like peanut butter

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Mice like peanut butter

Postby guinnessue » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:49 pm

This is rather an odd success story, but it was a success of sorts. Mice like peanut butter. How do I know this? After discovering evidence of mouse activity in the kitchen, my husband set up two mouse traps, baited with peanut butter. That was about 5:00. Around 7, I heard an odd sound. After a quick survey of the locations of the dogs and their activities, I realized the sound came from the kitchen and that it could well be one of the traps. Sure enough, we had a trapped mouse. Now I'm going to be non-squeamish and dispose of the the mouse. Two successes, I guess. I know that mice like peanut butter and I know that I can dispose of the results of mouse traps working.
guinnessue
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Mice like peanut butter

Postby katchal » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:09 pm

Good riddance to your vermin! So what kind of peanut butter? The last time we had a major mouse invasion - a crisis since in our neighborhood snakes tend to follow the mice into the house - I spent a half an hour pondering what kind of peanut butter would be most effective. Skippy? Jif? Peter Pan? Smooth? Chunky? Perplexed, I called the toll-free advice line on the side of the Jif jar right from the store on my cell. Apparently no one had asked that question before and there was documentation in their knowledge base on this subject of inquiry. I finally settled on Jif creamy. Unfortunately, our naughty mice simply stole the peanut butter from the traps! After about a week and half a jar of peanut butter, I finally decided to mix the peanut butter with the contents of two mouse poison packs they had previously ignored. They still stole the bait, but I had the last laugh! No more mice around here!
katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby guinnessue » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:53 am

I like Adams Natural peanut butter - the stuff where you have to mix the oil in on your own. Lots of times, I don't get the oil to the bottom very, and the end of the jar can be rather dry. I used bottom-of-jar chunky peanut butter. My ex-husband swore by Salted Nut Rolls, and as I remember, it seemed pretty effective. Sue
guinnessue
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby MyPasswordIsInvalid » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:27 am

katchal wrote:After about a week and half a jar of peanut butter, I finally decided to mix the peanut butter with the contents of two mouse poison packs they had previously ignored. They still stole the bait, but I had the last laugh! No more mice around here!
Poor leetle Meeky and Meenie...
MyPasswordIsInvalid
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby guinnessue » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:19 pm

We got another mouse last night (bait: bottom-of-the-jar Adams Natural Peanut Butter, chunky). My husband found it this morning and disposed of it. When I told my husband about the disposal of the first mouse, he asked if I saved the trap. Yeah, right. I noticed that he didn't extract the mouse from the trap, either.
guinnessue
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Success Stories