150 Steps for February '09

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

150 Steps for February '09

Postby Mannix » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:49 pm

OK, here's the challenge. Take 150 steps towards your goals this month. Nothing big - just little steps that take you where you want to go. A step is something that moves you towards your goals, and either takes at least 15 minutes or is emotionally difficult (like making a call you've been dreading). A goal is anything that moves you forward towards what you want. It doesn't have to be part of a lofty, thought-out goal. If you want to get in shape, your exercise sessions are steps. If you think you ought to get out more, getting out is a step. Each day, check in with the steps you've made so far.
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

1/31/09 pre-month

Postby Lynx » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:54 am

Heya, Interesting how quickly things that are so vital get back burnered so fast! How many fun things can I find to surround myself during my new work day? Especially interested in places to slip away for a few moments of down/quiet time. Lunch spots I don't know about yet. New 'happy hour' places. Connecting to friends who work everyday downtown. Lynx tags: fun stuff
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: 150 Steps for February '09

Postby Catgirl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:58 am

OK, here's what I've got so far: 1. today I added 6 new key chain designs to my Zazzle store, as well as three new shoe designs (actually, I did those on Saturday, but I'm going to count them anyway) 2.I have also updated the What's New page on my main web site and fixed a spelling mistake in one of my meta data keywords Still to do today is to write a new article for AC -- hopefully they will have my previously submitted articles published sometime today... I'm starting to get impatient! :|
TTG Creations! (aka Catgirl) My Web Site :: My AC Content Page :: My Squidoo Page :: My Blog
Catgirl
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:55 am

Hi: Did everyone drop out? I thought I'd post an update. I just did a job for someone I've tempted for in the past for 4 weeks.
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:19 am

Hi Paula, it's been ages hasn't it? Yes, some of us are on the monthly challenges forum now, I've changed my username from Urs T to Unity. I think it is a success for you, because you did get paid even if the circumstances weren't ideal. Dare I ask about Smoking gun?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Thanks Unity for the encouragement. I don't remember when you were Urs T.
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Mannix » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:02 pm

Hi, everyone, Just wanted to say welcome to the familiar faces and newcomers! Paralegalgirl, it's great to see you back! I'm glad you were able to get some good income out of that job. At least it didn't drag on endlessly. Catgirl, sounds like you've got it going on with your steps! Lynx, what a great idea to find the fun spots at your new full-time job. I wish I'd thought of that when I worked full time. I always thought of full-time jobs as prison sentences. :( Unity, are you joining us on the steppers board this month? I'm feeling a little scattered at the moment, which I strongly suspect is resistance trying to take over. I'll post more on my goals later. -- Mannix
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks Mannix: Since I'm not making too much progress toward any one goal at the moment, should I go back to rambling?
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:42 pm

I think this counts as some success. I told the office manager at the law firm I was temping at not to contact me unless her firm could provide parking. PLG
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:32 am

Hi Mannix, I was going to do something on here this month even before I saw PLG's post, but I'm not geared up to it quite yet as I'm having to deal with legal matters that cropped up so will try it another month. I was planning to make each of the 150 steps equivalent to an amount of time - all on the same specific project for the month. An idea that I think you originally gave me a while back on the other thread. Paula, you always bring some excitement onto the boards. You dad still being controlling it seems. And as for that ex friend!!! Good job you stood up to them. And you were very assertive at work too.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Mannix » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:43 am

Hi, everybody, Unity, hope you get your legal matters ironed out. It is easy to get out of the habit of posting here; I missed nearly all of January. If you want to check in periodically, maybe you could list small steps you're able to take while dealing with the legal issues. "Sips," if you will. PLG, way to go standing up to your Dad! Did he respond to your assertiveness? I'll bet you surprised him. As for that guy who said he's training his dog to attack you, I think you have grounds to go to the police and file a report against him, or even get a restraining order. That's seriously scary! I had an interesting experience with Resistance yesterday and the night before. I'm due for a meeting with my teleconference buddy on Monday morning, which means I have to complete a certain number of tasks before then. (These are tasks in the direction of goals I want to achieve.) Thursday night, I had a complete melt-down and stopped doing anything. Friday morning, I felt anxious and totally unfocused: "I don't know what I want!" So the lesson for me is: Resistance shows up when I have to meet a deadline. And it shatters my focus into thousands of pieces. Anyway, I went back to Wishcraft online and re-read Chapter 11 on proceeding and it really helped. I set up a list of first steps to complete between now and Monday morning and then rewarded myself with some couch-potato time in the evening. I love to make lists; it's following through that's the problem. But so far I'm doing well and I should be able to complete my teleconference goals by Monday ... if Resistance doesn't shatter my focus again. :?
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Mannix » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:44 am

So here's my first stepping list for Feb.: GOAL: Complete all assigned tasks for teleconference meeting on Monday, Feb. 9. FOR TODAY: 1. Take old videotapes of family events to Video Editor and have them converted to DVDs. - DONE! 2. Find a permanent home (or give away?) all Christmas gifts we received that are still sitting in the living room. Make sure Christmas decorations are properly stored away until next year. (Not sitting in the middle of basement floor.) 3. Scan this bulletin board for income-stream ideas. They should fit into what I know so far about my ideal day. Looking for at least three. 4. EXTRA CREDIT: I told my sister I couldn't babysit her kids while she and her husband went to an upcoming Tom Jones concert. Then bought 2 tickets to the concert for myself and a friend. I like Tom Jones, too! I get credit because saying "no" to others' requests is still emotionally difficult, although I'm getting better. Have a good day, all! -- Mannix
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi Mannix, What's wrong with the Christmas presents? That was really good that you turned down that babysitting, I remember how hard it is for you to face up to your family. How lovely you are going instead. That resistance in goals and the meltdown- do you think it's ultimately a fear of success?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Mannix » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi, Unity, Nothing's wrong with the Christmas presents; they just need to have a home so we don't undo the small steps we've already taken toward decluttering. I'll post more on this in the clutter challenge. Re goal resistance, it may be something related to what you described. I think it's a fear of being taken seriously! -- Mannix
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Mannix » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:28 pm

Hello again, My accomplishments for Feb. 7: Got all the holiday gifts out of the living room and decorations all consolidated in the basement. The basement area where they are currently stored is not the optimum place, but at least they are all together. Came up with more than 3 income stream ideas. Some I can do now; some might take some investigating or training. Resistance observations: 1. Changing or starting new income streams awakens fear! Yikes, the unknown! 2. As I was putting the holiday stuff in the basement, resistance said, "This is not the best place to store these things. You need to clear out this space instead, and it's full of boxes that need to be sorted through. That will take you several hours if you work without stopping. There's no way you can finish this project in the next 15 minutes so might as well forget it." I replied that it's true I don't want to spend hours decluttering right now, and this isn't the best spot to keep holiday things, but it will do for now, and I can make time for the other decluttering later. I'm not God and I can't do this entire job in one evening. And thus the intended project was completed. That's it for now. Hope everyone had a productive day, -- Mannix
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Success Stories