Quoted in the New York Times!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Quoted in the New York Times!

Postby MinniePauz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:56 am

After a couple of years of slip sliding into a funk (due to health and family reasons), I'm feeling more optimistic than ever and have renewed enthusiasm for my business! To top it off, I've been quoted (with a link to my website) in a NY Times article today! This should really increase my traffic too! http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/02/fashi ... 1&emc=eta1
MinniePauz
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Quoted in the New York Times!

Postby JeannetteLS » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:12 am

Dee, FANTASTIC. Congratulations
JeannetteLS
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby sallypz » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:49 am

Dee... Congrats....I dislike the word "Menopause" with a passion.....I like to think of it a 'Metamorphisis'.....at least I can picture myself turning into a wonderful butterfly at the end......not drying up into dust.... sallypz (MoxieMe)
sallypz
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby MinniePauz » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Thanks Ladies...this turned out to be a good one (there have been some that weren't). I had over 8,000 visitors since yesterday which means new newsletter subscribers and forum members. Plus it was a great day for adsense too! Everyone feels differently about the entire process whether you call it the change, menopause, minnie pauz, metamorphasis....it's what you make of it. :)
MinniePauz
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby pattyn » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:47 pm

Congratulations! What a marvelous bit of publicity.
- Patty Newbold
Director, Sher Success Teams
Marriage Education Author/Speaker - assumelove.com - enjoybeingmarried.com
pattyn
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby aDONis78 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Congrats!
aDONis78
New Poster
New Poster

Postby MinniePauz » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:02 pm

Thanks, Donald!! Can't beat free publicity!!
MinniePauz
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Wonderful. I was thinking about you the other day when I saw a bumper sticker "I'm still hot. It just comes in flashes."
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MinniePauz » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Yeah, I like that one too. This one is more the Minnie Pauz® style: Image Available on shirts, mugs, hats....etc. LOL
MinniePauz
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm

That's a lot of visitors. I'm very happy for you.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Corona50 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:19 am

Congratulations! Love your attitude. I too am in the middle of the Big M - and it's actually becoming one of the most amazing times of my life. I'm re-discovering myself, getting far more assertive, and not suffering too much at all (thanks to a fantastic homeopath I'm working with). Is it only a coincidence that the friends I see really suffering are those trying to carry on "as usual" or stuffing down their feelings when (usually after a few drinks) they "confess" that they really want a new job, a new home, a new partner, a new life ?? I know that diet and exercise are important (and supplements too, if they help) BUT for me - a big part of it is about being proud to be an older woman (I've survived a lot) and honouring my own needs and feelings (rather than putting them last on the list,as usual). Hope your website goes from strength to strength!
Corona50
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby MinniePauz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:35 am

Thanks for the very astute post Corona! You are right on. I can't tell you how many times I've told women (over the past 14 years) that my best advice is to get used to a "new normal" because your life and your body is never going to be like it was before, and also to keep your sense of humor. This not only got me through menopause and now through more "aging issues", but it also is supporting me! LOL Not that everyone could come up with a cartoon character that ends up supporting you, but in the list of strange things that can happen.....it happened to me!
MinniePauz
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Success Stories