150 Steps for September '09

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: 150 Steps for September '09

Postby Unity » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:01 pm

PLG, you have crammed a lot in to your day. I thought last Monday for me was unusual (going to a brewery then climbing a steep hill on all fours wearing a skirt), but I think you have topped it! :D Did you win any money?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby An8el » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Hey All, On library computer so won't have time to do much except report my own progress... Got here - ..am now traipsing around with friends who are helping me situate myself again. We set ourselves up on the beach (hot weather everywhere else - it's heavenly scene camped out!) Am at the library where I found out the file I needed to print out to start my biz up again was saved in the wrong format...found a place to convert it online...am waiting for the file to arrive so I can do that right now. It's not arriving on cue, true to Mercury retrograde form! Strangely enough, I am not experiencing the usual resistance. Wheeeeee! Glad that at sometime during my life resistance actually really amazingly goes away. Would like to examine more how exactly does that happen for me or anyone? Guess there is so much to do that the volume of it is enough momentum to actually get myself into the "need to do it" urge. Or maybe someone got me one of those rounded toits? :roll: I'm learning about comedy from one of these friends I'm hanging out with. We'll see if the comedic education works on me. I've always thought the world is really funny, but never had the ability to form what I'm laughing at all the time into what would make others see it too and laugh with me. Gotta run - maybe next time I'll have the time to comment on everyone else here...
An8el
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:18 am

Camped on a beach - that sounds like a very different life than the rest of us :D Glad you are feeling positive and have had time to update. I've been doing my special occasions steps but according to the plan I was following I should be writing some Christmas cards this week, and I'm nowhere near that stage. How are the rest of you doing this week?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 am

Unity wrote:PLG, you have crammed a lot in to your day. I thought last Monday for me was unusual (going to a brewery then climbing a steep hill on all fours wearing a skirt), but I think you have topped it! :D Did you win any money?
Sounds fun hill climbing on all fours. The poker was really hilarious.
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:26 am

Hi everyone: Great to hear from exotic An8el and that she arrived safe and sound and is comfortable at another beach.
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:16 am

PLG - hi, I wonder if the card players feel threatened by you as you're female. Sounds like you're having a great time lately. It sort of reminded me of the time I went to a bar and there was a magician, sleight of hand, and he challenged the audience to work out how it was done. Well I just did the tricks straight off, which really annoyed him, to say the least :D I bet all that dancing is paying off on your fitness and improving your body, it must be very good for your health.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:05 am

Hi Unity: Does the sun rise in the morning and set at night?
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Mannix » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi, everyone, Sorry I haven't been around much lately - things are slightly piled up. My step for now: Do not freak out about unforeseen changes in schedule, some extra preparations needed for one of the gigs this weekend. In the grand scheme of things, it's not THAT much more work. I will live ... and earn money! PLG, a card-playing ballroom dancer with killer thighs. What do you know about international espionage? If you can add that to the mix, we can make a movie! :) Hi, Unity and An8el! -- Mannix
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:18 am

Hi everyone: Mannix: It will be okay this weekend. You always come out okay.
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:06 pm

There is no way I'm taking classes with Ilya. He flirts like crazy with his middle-aged lady dancers. If he does that to me, it's going to lead to a lot of frustration You've made me curious PLG, frustration on whose part - his or yours? :D It's a real pity we can't all come and watch you dance - and play poker! Good luck for the weekend Mannix.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi Unity:
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

near the end

Postby Lynx » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:54 pm

hello steppers wow! An8el's in CA, PLG is dancing, avoiding flirting, holding her own at Hold Em, and had us thinking she was a paralegal girl! HA! Mannix, about the cruise work, of course follow your intuition. Re-ask yourself while alone with some time to let it swish around a bit. First off, everyone entangled with you—husband, sister, mother, etc.—will have to grow a few months without you. Second on, everyone at your former j-o-b will have tangible evidence that you did leave to find adventure, third up, your musicianship will probably get a lot better, fourth down, it's paid travel and travel is something you want at times to do, fifth over, try the shortest tour first as a pilot test, sixth besides, this woman who asks you is a rainmaker and should not be dismissed lightly, seventh under, bragging rights. Eighth around, One of the advantages of being childless is the relative ease of freeing ones self for things like this. About me: 12 days dash. Just getting a breather to catch up on everyone. My Body as Oracle workshop was really fun. Dancing (freeform and improvisational), card readings, reflection, and connecting to some wonderful folk in a magical place. I should have taken the Monday off to recover, well, next time. Then a week of work and being out or busy 4 of the five nights took a toll, so that by Wednesday I was on slow and steady, early to bed, etc. to avoid plunging into a cold. Survived a wedding with dancing (two or three songs with my partner then I sat out the rest) and sugar-avoidance (cake, which I successfully declined to taste). I'm on to my her, so it's amusing in a mildly annoying way that my partner, knowing I'm committed to this goal, waxed poetic about the cake. Half was vanilla, half was lemon, she had both. The icing was .... yada yada yada. With supporters like her my enemies collect unemployment. Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:15 am

Hi all PLG - quote re watching you dance I think you'd love it to death not literally I hope :D Lynx - nice to see you again. It's interesting that you give a very positive take on Mannix's cruise dilemma. I didn't see it in that light. So you've been dancing too while you've been away from us, but in a different way than our PLG. That seems a bit unfair, having to sit while your partner was eating two types of wedding cake right beside you. This reminded me of a tv docu last night where these extremely overweight teens returned home for a celebration after having gastric bands fitted. They were eating pureed food and everyone around them tucking in to huge portions of KFC. I couldn't help but notice that in every case of an overweight teen or child, the parents are also huge.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

support skills

Postby Lynx » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:44 am

Hey Unity, I think I heard a flurry of reports about a year ago about the contagiousness of obesity. I'm finding people have a general lack of sympathy/empathy awareness or skills for support. I really keyed onto my particular challenge when returning from the dentist with a surprisingly bad check up and my dear partner carried on about a new ice cream parlor. I asked her to wait to tell me as I wasn't in the mood to hear about sugar at that particular moment. She continued. So I just kept quiet until she was done. But I noted internally her inability to let herself be influenced. Not the first, nor the last. Which bring me to today's general concerns. As I am not getting that deep and intuitive or even influencable support for her I'm either on my my own or getting it from others (mens group, group that talks about race, a personal development group, random friends, etc.). It's been a quest over the last several years to find a decent co-support partner. confessional time: I had such a person in my life for 8 years. If you've been on this thread for a while you've seen me mention her from time to time. Just recently had it brought home to me how much I loved her. I've come close to finding someone new but for a variety of reasons we couldn't continue. Now here I am. So. Some goals for the next several weeks. Get to play bridge again (made it twice in September). Find a person to pay to cleanup my writing. I'm to going have a lot to do both at the office and personally. There is an assistant at the office, but she usually comes in later in the process for proof-reading and copy editing. She's also doesn't like routine changes. I need someone sooner than that so I can just keep barreling on while they add capital letters, check quotes, fix spelling or word choice slips (their for when I want there, for example). Do the paper work to get reimbursed and pay the bills for all my August dental stuff. #1 Yuck task Find an energy healer for session trades. (is my mojo working?). Follow up with one or two people from my body as oracle class to see if they are interested in ongoing support (is my mojo working?). Support my partner as she completes the job interview process. She's competitive for a gig that will require about 120 miles (round trip) of commuting many days of the week. It's the best fit for her skills and experience, pays decently, so she's all out to get it. If she lands it we will have lots of other adjustments. Stay tuned. Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:20 am

Hi Lynx, re your partner and ice cream. I noticed that if people have a story they need to tell, then it doesn't matter how innappropriate the situation, they just plough ahead and tell it. I had that in the week, I was in a cafe eating a nice cake and someone I knew came in and decided to join me, and proceeded to tell me all about their recent bout of swine flu and food poisoning :lol: I remember thinking how bizarre this was. Why did she think I want to know all about the finer details of her bowels as I was eating? Hope you are successful with your goals this week. I do remember you mentioning your ex in the past. So even though you used to have the supportive relationship you wanted, you still broke up. Perhaps it wasn't to be because you were meant to learn something more about yourself with the new partners?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories