150 Steps for September '09

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: 150 Steps for September '09

Postby paralegalgirl » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:20 am

Hi everyone: I'm confused. Is Lynx a man or a woman?
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:27 am

Time is flying by.
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

divided world

Postby Lynx » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:56 pm

Hey, Unity, it wasn't an ex, breakup thing. I've been with a primary partner (the one that misses how to offer support for my needs) for 27 years. This was another person, overlapping for 8 years. Her daughter died in a freak accident and, well, she's been traumatized and struggling to recover since. It dissolved our co-counseling relationship, though. Most of the time many of us are in the middle or at least coping zone. But there are times when one is enjoying something (a cake) or dealing with a stressful event (dental report) that the urgent speaker may want to defer to the other. In my humble opinion. Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Lynx's Gender

Postby Lynx » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:57 pm

I'm confused. Is Lynx a man or a woman?
Man. Also, the whole world can lurk, and last report about half are male. :wink: Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Mannix » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi, everybody, Lynx and PLG, thanks for your thoughts on the cruise ship situation. I've been thinking it over, and you both make good points, but I have decided to stick with my original decision. As far as additional activities and gigs, I seem to be weathering "the storm" fairly well. The gig I talked about earlier went fine, but was quite interesting. At some point, the bride decided NOT to walk back down the aisle at the conclusion of the ceremony. She did not tell anyone this, not even the wedding coordinator. So here we are playing the traditional end-of-wedding march and they're just standing there taking pictures! :shock: It took a while to figure out they weren't going to walk down the aisle at all, just do all their photos at the altar! That's the first time I've seen a wedding end that way. Lynx, on the support discussion, I think it's definitely an acquired skill. I've found myself telling a story about something that happened to me and, mid-way through, realized I'd forgotten the point of the conversation I was supposedly having. (Maybe that comes from watching too much "Columbo.") My husband often assumes that, if he can't come up with a way to solve something I need to talk about, there's no point in his responding. For me, in a lot of cases, just talking about it to him helps me come up with an answer on my own. Will your partner listen if you tell her you just need to talk something out? PLG, whoa, $1800 for a dance instruction package! Outrageous! Seems like they get you hooked so you'll shell out the big bucks. What kinds of dance programs will you do to replace these guys? Or just start fresh with another instructor? Anyway, all the dance sounds like a great way to stay in shape. It's getting late here, but I need to go back and practice some more. One advantage to this busier schedule seems to be extra blood flow to my brain, which should be of benefit in next month's steps. Have a great evening, everybody, Mannix
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories