Success Comes in Many Forms.. for Scanners, ALL Forms!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Success Comes in Many Forms.. for Scanners, ALL Forms!

Postby polymath » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:40 pm

It's been a long time since I've posted on these boards. I'm not entirely sure why, really, but I did find a lot of great information. Being a scanner, I found these boards a great outlet and enjoyed giving my perspective in some of the idea threads. These boards also helped me learn more about myself and gave me great ideas to finally pursue some things I've always wanted to do. Below are some of the things I've done in the past couple years. First, I started my own. Using my scanner interests and abilities, I've been able to apply of my knowledge in different fields, and offer my services in research, product development, marketing, and seminars. I've built a nice network of experts I can rely upon for knowledge I don't have. You can visit my Web site by clicking here, and feel free to refer yourselves and your friends to the business! It's wildly popular and successful, and I'd love to help any of you out with your dreams (at a discount, even!). The second great success I've had is more personal: I created an e-notebook. I don't call it a blog because I don't necessary look for input or comments (although they're always welcome!). What it does is serve as a nice online notebook for my ideas, theories, thoughts, guides, and stories. It's sort of a scanner notebook, if you will, but there are few topics which I continually write about. Most of the ideas are already decided or I've completed, so there's few updates to existing ideas. You can find my e-notebook by clicking here. Feel free to subscribe to the RSS feed and comment! The third great success is also personal and goes along with the e-notebook: Twitter. At first I was completely against Twitter, but that was until I found a way to use it to my advantage. What I use my Twitter account for is to document my shorter, less-developed ideas, which is in contrast to my e-notebook, which documents my lengthier, more developed ideas. This has been a wild success, personally, in being able to leave notes for myself about topics, ideas, or insights. You're more than welcome to follow my Twitter account and become a follower, if you'd like, by clicking here. Another great part about Twitter is that I can write to it using my cell phone, so it's a notebook on-the-go, to which I can refer later! I hope that what I've done inspires each of you to pursue your dreams and also allows you new insights on documenting your thoughts. Enjoy and cherish being a scanner; it's a wonderful quality when you finally learn to use it for your benefit and passions!
Polymath ". . .a wealth of information creates a poverty of attention and a need to allocate that attention efficiently among the overabundance of information sources that might consume it." - Herbert Simon
polymath
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Success Comes in Many Forms.. for Scanners, ALL Forms!

Postby skannie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:08 am

Hi Polymath It's great that your website and e-notebook are working out so well for you :-) I'm following you on Twitter now and I hope you'll follow me back. You can also follow @BarbaraSher and many other scanners and Sherboard people, and bring your brain to the Twitter idea parties every Thursday (search for the #ideaparty hashtag). But I see you're not following anyone at the moment. I suppose you can just use Twitter as a notebook or monologue of your own ideas, but I don't think that's the best use of it. It's much more fun and interesting to connect and exchange ideas with other people. If you want an online notebook or lifestream, try Posterous http://posterous.com or Tumblr http://www.tumblr.com That's what they are designed for.
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Scanner Tribe Group on Facebook
Scanner Tribe group on LinkedIn
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Success Comes in Many Forms.. for Scanners, ALL Forms!

Postby polymath » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:19 pm

Those are great Web sites! I chose my own Wordpress blog, though, so I can control everything about it. I'll consider adding people to my Twitter, or I might just make a separate Twitter account to follow others on. My account is strictly to document my ideas, and, honestly, I find others' comments on my Twitter account annoying. Right in the middle of five great ideas is someone's "[insert name] is taking a dump in Target." I didn't need to know that, and it just makes me angry to see it, haha. I saw a couple new additions, so I'll make it a goal to check every day or two on your guys' accounts and see what you're up to! :) Thanks for reading and following me!
Polymath ". . .a wealth of information creates a poverty of attention and a need to allocate that attention efficiently among the overabundance of information sources that might consume it." - Herbert Simon
polymath
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Success Stories