I finally graduated!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

I finally graduated!

Postby Erratica » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:09 pm

After 5 years of undergraduate work (since 2005, plus the 2 years back in the 70s), I finally have a BA in Interdisciplinary Studies. Hey, I finished something! Will wonders never cease? LOL Now I'm registered again as a degreed undergraduate so I can get the last required course needed to get into the graduate anthropology program (biological anthro). And so I can take the GRE this spring, as well. Also, I have finally figured out what I want to do with the rest of my life. I want to change the Western world's diet to one that is healthier. I have ideas percolating. The first one is to teach cooking classes locally. My capstone prof is behind me and I may conduct the first ones for her DO husband's patients. Ultimately I want my own national (international?) television show, with travel segments included, and lots of guest stars. Woohoo! Now to go listen to Barbara's resistance podcasts. I'm thrilled, excited, and terrified! Erica
Everything always works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end. --unknown visit my blog: ericagott.blogspot.com
Erratica
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: I finally graduated!

Postby Tituba » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:57 pm

Welcome back! You've been missed. So glad to hear you are doing so well.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Erratica » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:35 am

Thanks, tituba. It's been a long road, and last semester was a bear, but I survived and am excited about the next stage of my life. Hopefully I can be a part of the community again here on a regular basis. It's time to give back. Erica
Everything always works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end. --unknown visit my blog: ericagott.blogspot.com
Erratica
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby jewelB » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:40 am

Congratulations!! A hard fought for goal ~ accomplished. I just can't wait to learn from you. . . get yourself out there!! --jewelB
jewelB
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby wild rose » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Congratulations!! I know what it´s like to finish studies after a VERY long time (-: Can´t beat the feeling!!
The day came when the risk to remain a closed bud became more painful than the risk to bloom. _Anais Nin
wild rose
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby jamesmb113 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:00 am

Erratica, Just wanted to give you a HUGE high five! It's a truly awesome feeling, innit?!
jamesmb113
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Success Stories