150 Steps for March '10

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: 150 Steps for March '10

Postby paralegalgirl » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:24 am

Hi Sallypz:
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

first post / new server host

Postby Lynx » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:15 am

Hey all,

It's fun seeing everything in block text.

I'm running on tired all the time, work, home, nap, a few hours up doing minor things, sleep...and repeat. Generally feeling I'm keep up with personal goals (a manual is due and I'm about 10 days ahead of schedule, taxes are just on pace), but I dare not slip behind at all.

PLG - your posts are a delight, and writing is certainly a skill of yours. As is knitting, dancing, tennis, ... The challenge at times is how to return to being the happy heroine and leading character in the "book of our lives." Check out this blog about how Kurt Vonnegut explains our existential angst ... http://sivers.org/drama

Sally: welcome back, drop in when you have the time as I see you are quite busy.

James: keep on truckin on those literary and artistic goals!

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:06 am

Hi everyone:
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

weekend april one

Postby Lynx » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:56 pm

Almost feeling caught up with rest. A few quiet days more at less at work. But a big load is a-comin'.

Cajoled a friend into helping me proof my 12-page manual on N. Ireland. Totally a wise thing to do for a number of reasons. She had a lot of self-doubts about her editing skills, but duo-proofing is far better than the individual skills of the two people. So I'm happier.

Making edits on this tomorrow to boost my feelings, then deep into the heart of Taxes. Ugh.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Mannix » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:53 am

Hi, everyone,

Just a quick drop-in. I wandered off to do other things while the boards were down. Will try to get back in the posting habit this weekend.

We are having an impromptu Easter cookout at our house tomorrow afternoon, so there is lots to do in preparation. So lots of housework this weekend, some practicing, and a little business-running. I did come up with a personal-challenge structure that I need to start working on soon.

Lynx and PLG, hope you're doing well today. Hi, Sally!

-- Mannix
Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby paralegalgirl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:49 am

It's me and my widgets all the way

trust me folks - those widgets could save you some day

if you stick with your widgets

widgetry could come your way

widgets baby

widgets night and day
Last edited by paralegalgirl on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
paralegalgirl
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

step up

Postby Lynx » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 am

Hi

PLG, about the dreariness of Milwaukee, it's evident that the weather/sky affects you a lot. It doesn't seem you're working right now, and this limits your options for getting out of town, either temporarily or for good. But even on limited funds, there are things to think about.

Have you considered:
    'Swapping' your place with someone else? There are lots of services on the web for this.
    Investigage couchsufing.com as a means of getting temporary places to sleep without needing to trade.
    Applying to artist in residence programs to free you to write your plays.
    Becoming a roadie or assistant of some sort to a project that travels to sunnier climes. Maybe a film crew.
    Troll the craigslist ads in warm/sunny places looking for someone who needs a housesitter with last minute notice. They may even pay!

About the other thing. It's good to vent. It must be frustrating not to be able to confirm your suspicions? Is this the girlfriend? Is that his car? If they're avoiding you, do you want to see them? If a showdown is necessary, how will you get the support and a third party who can mediate?

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories