Degree and new house by the end of April!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Degree and new house by the end of April!

Postby DreamThief » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi everyone, I've been away from the boards because I've been feverishly working on my goals, and I'm almost there! We were working toward building a straw bale house but were frustrated on too many fronts so we've changed focus and are purchasing a house with land from family. We'll have a better house now and equity to work with in the future when we return to the straw bale plans, and we'll have enough land now to learn how to raise veggies and chickens. I've wanted to finish my Bachelors for the past 20 years, and for the past 2 years I've been able to devote time to it. I have 4 more exams to go and I'll finish them by the end of April. I'll be crossing the stage this July! Thanks to everyone for all your support and ideas! Tricia Oliver / DreamThief
:D I'll treat your dream like my own until it's fulfilled.
DreamThief
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Degree and new house by the end of April!

Postby tesseract » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Tricia! Congratualations on getting your degree! Whooeeee!!!! I hope you do the whole number: mortarboard, graduation party...the full-monty. Just think....No. More. Papers. (That's the part I love, anyway!) Also, that is great news about the house. There is so much happening these days in the world of home-grown veggies and chickens - you are on the wave of a great movement! Even my small town has just passed a chicken-ordinance....our town councillors voted PRO chicken! darreby
tesseract
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Degree and new house by the end of April!

Postby DreamThief » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks Darreby! Yes, I want the full ceremony and party; that's one of the reasons I'm pushing myself to finish by the end of April. Any time after that and I have to wait until July 2011 for the ceremony. I was going to get a class ring too, but they cost nearly a grand these days and we're buying the house, so I may need to put that off until I start getting paychecks again. I'm glad your town voted for the chickens. We've had a "right to farm life" ordinance here for quite awhile, but my family hasn't been able to make use of it for a couple of generations. ;-)
:D I'll treat your dream like my own until it's fulfilled.
DreamThief
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Success Stories