Finished Library's Winter reading challenge

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Finished Library's Winter reading challenge

Postby jamesmb113 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am

Ok, this may not be a big deal like finishing a book, getting a speaking gig, or whatever.

But it is to me.

1 year ago at this time, due to ADD, depression, anxiety, mental breakdown, or combination of the above, I could not focus enough to read a magazine article or comic book.

This was extremely upsetting, because I have always been an avid reader.

In June, I decided to read James Joyce "Ulysses", come hell or high water. I made it through, finishing the last section by midnight on "Bloomsday".

But then I got depressed/ADD/anxious/pissed off at the world/whatever again, and couldn't read.

Long story short, in February, I took on the Winter Library reading challenge. 10 books, by April 15.

I finished on April 30. The prize was a coffee mug, with the Mona Lisa and American Gothic printed on it. "Master the Art of Reading" with the dates of the challenge.

I have never, in my life, been more proud of a damn coffee mug.

Keep your fingers crossed. April 16th or so, there's a drawing among the people that finished. For a $50 Border's gift certificate.
jamesmb113
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Finished Library's Winter reading challenge

Postby Unity » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:58 pm

Well done James, I can see how happy you must be to have finished, and good luck for the draw. What books would you buy if you won?

btw - you meant March 30?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby jamesmb113 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Aye, march 30.

I'd buy "Refuse to Choose", of course! And a copy of Vein of Gold: what's your address? :lol:
jamesmb113
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:53 am

LOL don't even joke about that, or I'll have to get sedated :D
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Success Stories