The Cold War children's memory project is still underway....

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

The Cold War children's memory project is still underway....

Postby Kelly Norman » Sun May 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Even though I don't really have a good name for it! I came back to this forum a couple months ago because my dream of writing a book about kids' experiences during the cold war in the US and USSR was faltering. I thought maybe it was not to be. But thanks to the support of y'all, and getting off my behind again, things are moving along. Most importantly, I interviewed a Russian ex-pat in NYC last night who gave me lots and lots of good info, AND might be a good connection to other Russians/Ukrainians etc. :D :D :D

Now to get my planning wall back up.....
A lot of people struggle to find what they identify with... I crossed the piazza just once in St Petersburg, from the conservatory of music to the door of the Kirov. That was the only important journey of my life. --Valery Gergiev
Kelly Norman
New Poster
New Poster

Re: The Cold War children's memory project is still underway....

Postby Andreya » Tue May 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Great to hear about it!!

Looking forward to hearing/reading more about it, and to reading the book!! (And seeing it on Amazon?? :))
'Everything is possible. They make rockets and put them on the moon, you know!' (neighbour, on closing up a balcony)
Andreya
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Success Stories