October 2015 Daily Steppers

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Postby Lynx » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi steppers,

Getting back into my daily challenges. Today I followed up with 3 job apps that are still open and applied for another. I could do any of them, of course, but I have my preferences, and I'll take what's offered. Finances dwindling ...

Did my "box a day" sacred space making work for a couple of hours. Progress like Zeno's paradox—I do 15% a day and never seem to reach the end.

Having some issues with getting my day planner from Plum Paper clear. I have add-in sheet of my own for this custom planner, and last year everything was approved before I sent my order and shipped my sheets to the assembling address. Oh well, just re-emailed her and I'll see.

**Waves** to everyone.
Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: October 2015 Daily Steppers

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:46 pm

Lynx, yay for keeping the job apps moving.

I'm plodding along slowly. Tomorrow is book club - yay!

Re steps, I need to get better habits going. I gave a speech, and now I"m ready for the interview whenever it happens. But my writing is almost non-existent.

I'll do better tomorrow.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

monday 10.26

Postby Lynx » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:54 am

Hi steppers,

Working still on sacred space while fending off partner's non-punctuating style. That is, I fill my plate and then eat it all, she adds more as parts of the plate are cleared. She's always feeling like we're making progress and clearly know what next to do; I'm always feeling incomplete and put upon. Classic mismatch.

So, one box at a time, and I celebrate it with myself. Lonely, but something for me.

The barriers on spending imposed by lack of work are grating on me as well. I need more time alone for my intro self to keep it all together. I'll see what I can manage this week (a step).

I'll also visit two of the places I'm applying to in person to see if this shake matters up some.

Sometimes the not knowing becomes harder to cope with than a tough spell that's clear.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:28 pm

I know what you mean - the no knowing is hard. The trouble is - we have control over what we do, not what other people do. Anyway, each step is a step, and it counts.

Me - stuff keeps breaking. This time it's a filling a wrist, the hose on my shower, and, of course the deck. On the good side, I was able to fix some of the broken stuff myself without having to call in help from the outside.

Had a lot of fun yesterday. Some friends came over to do crafts, and I worked on Molly's commercials. With help. The easy one - I just have to put it together, and for some reason, I'm goofing off instead of doing it - is Molly in a devil's costume with a trick or treat bag saying "liver snacks, please" and a caption saying "read The Molly Chronicles.

The harder one, we put a skirt over Molly, with her head sticking out of the top and my hands coming out from the folds. We did a video. Learning experience. For some reason, we shot it upside down. Anyway. Elsa and I were pooped. Molly was still game to keep going. She was getting pets and liver snacks in exchange for her performance.

May the nasty black dog stay far away from us.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:19 am

I'm going to try focusing on only one thing at a time. Right now, I'm going to finish the trick or treat commercial, and post it.

Posted next day - I did it, but it took all day. Computer gremlins were having a field day.

Happy and productive steppin' everyone!
Last edited by Elaine Glimme on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:57 pm

Steppers, I'm sorry I've been MIA, but my husband had a small stroke last Sunday and everything else in my life has come to a screeching halt. Diagnosis was TIA, Transient Ischemic Attack, MRI showed no permanent damage but needless to say we're both overwhelmed with doctors and tests right now. My only steps are to get him safely through another day. I wish you all the very best and will try to return when I can.

Elizabeth
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:54 pm

Elizabeth, healing thoughts and prayers to you and your husband. Of course his health is priority one. Please come back when you can. And let us know how the both of you are doing. We care.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Healing to Elizabeth

Postby Lynx » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:06 am

Hi Elizabeth, I of course agree with Elaine and radiate healing and restorative energies to you and your husband. Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby JazzMuse » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:26 am

Sending you prayers, Elizabeth. So sorry that happened to your husband.

I've been MIA, also, but not for anything like that.

It's been an emotionally overwhelming time. Hard to put into words.

Will check back later.
JazzMuse
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories