November 2015 Daily Steppers

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

November 2015 Daily Steppers

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:21 pm

Make a commitment to take a few steps each day towards your goal. We'll cheer you on and commiserate if things don't go well. Consider this your success team.

These quotes all come from previous posts on the Boards:

"If you think you're too small to make a difference, you've never been in bed with a mosquito."

"Most people would succeed in small things, if they were not troubled with great ambitions" Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 1807-1882

My friend Susan, in reassuring me about my frustrations, had this to say: "Everything good starts out hard."

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:15 am

Hello to November. I've been busy creating sacred space and gracious time. After I cleared a snarly area yesterday my s.o. asked "do you know what I want to do next?" I said, "give me a day to appreciate this milestone and celebrate and wait to add anything." And so it was.

This week clocked 3 play reviews, and one was by invitation from a different online newsource. It's still in editing mode but I'll post it when it is released.

And two for my main outlet.

33) 11.1.15 MetaWARPhosis. http://www.dramainthehood.net/2015/11/metawarphosis/
32) 10.31.15 My Mañana Comes. http://www.dramainthehood.net/2015/10/manana/

Plus an appointment for a job interview and positive update on a second one.

I'm needing to get to see a doctor per obamacare. the first clinic I walked into laughed when I mentioned a name I had gotten off the insurance co's website. Inscos are the last to know anything apparently. I want a naturopathic doc for my prime, so this is raised to a par 4 effort. First one I'm left feeling bonkers.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Removing the Under Construction Signs

Postby Lynx » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi,

Since I can recall I've been slightly off-balance about having folks over. One of the first declutter articles I read talked about her home being in CHAOS - Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. My partner and I would joke about getting one of those "pardon our appearance. We're under construction" placards and permanently leaving it in the hall.

One box a day or at a time and ... now there are none left!

This morning, looking about, I said, whoa, I can take down the sign. There's always corners and rebel outposts, but as of today The Space Awakens.

Thanks for holding the intention with me all these months.

Lynx
Last edited by Lynx on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: November 2015 Daily Steppers

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:19 pm

That's success!
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:45 am

I'm having a bad attack of the lazies. And I can't think of anything I want to write. this includes any other chores that need to be done, and I'm envying your beautiful de-cluttered space, Lynx.

Happy steppin, everyone.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:51 am

I hope you're using this enforced leisure time properly and avoiding your Inner Calvinist, Elaine. Sit outside and watch an ant crawl up a leaf of grass. It's good for your longevity!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby JazzMuse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:21 am

Hi Everyone -

First - Big Kudos to Lynx!!! Elaine - Did you do your big interview, yet?

A lot has happened since my last post.

God has shown me clearly that my next path is to be an elementary school teacher at an International School!!

The more I find out about it, the more I am blown away by the timing - and my family and close friends are excited and supportive!!!

I still want to write my voice book for school teachers. This will just help me make the book better!!

BTW - I am remembering to own the fact that I am a Serial Diver Scanner. Thank you, Barbara!!
JazzMuse
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

8 chutes and ladders

Postby Lynx » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:49 am

Hi steppers,

Jazzmuse, seem perfect to share your abilities with young children which supports your research for the book.

Elaine, I'll see if I can find a fitting quote for your "windless sea" phase ...

And myself, climbing ladders and falling down chutes all in one day. Awoke with a minor mission of visiting the operation I will be leading a workshop for unannounced to see how it worked. Of course it rained, hey, I live in Seattle, so I carried. The effort worked perfectly, just walked into the soup kitchen and signed in like any first timer, waited for my name to be called and spoke to someone at the listening station and got a poke chip that allowed me to have my pick of a few canned soups and food back with a piece of fruit and an apple.And also I could have eaten breakfast (eggs, sausage, pancakes, juice, coffee). (didn't take any of these). Met my contact in person, looked over the room where we will hold the workshop, talked about a few details and left feeling I'd accomplished what I'd set out to do.

Then, shopped at the Trader Joe's next door to this church, filled the tank and while at the station noticed that a grocery store was going out of business. Went over and picked up a few things at a 30% discount.

Came home partner feeling 'lazy' so we had breakfast out. Back home, napped. Ah, the pleasures of the ladder.

Then, chutes! First my partner unwittingly turned off bluetooth and so our trackpad stopped working. No problem because we kept a couple of mouses. Except we can't find them! My #1 worry about tidying up/reorganizing my space realized—I can't recall where I put something. While on line looking into alternatives we see an email from our board president that our mailboxes were robbed by someone with a master key! But wait there's more chute to slide!

When I go to to look at the mailboxes and reclose ours someone walks in the outer door and asked if someone lived here. That's me, I say. He handed me the plastic envelope for my check reorder!

Stolen on a Saturday and the banks don't have people online till Monday, plus a police report, etc.

Ah, shoots, chutes!

Gotta go, more details as I get them,
Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Barbara, thanks for the encouragement.

JazzMuse, congrats. It sounds like a better than good-enough job. Enjoy the kids. And enjoy the singing and voice coaching.

Lynx, Three boos and hisses for the chutes, and three cheers and yays for the ladders. The workshops you do sound really interesting. I like your previous comments about life being like golf in that, with chores, sometimes you hit par, and sometimes nothing works and you have to keep going and going and bogie after bogie until the ball finally goes into the hole. It feels like magic when you actually sink the putt.

So me - I'm going to go for one goal at a time. As I type this, I can think of five goals for today right off the bat. So I will ignore that and my one goal for today is to write.

No, I didn't get the interview yet. I think Bruce is on the road, and will hopefully remember me when he gets back to the studio. It's a good thing, actually, as I'm finally ready for the interview and I wasn't before, and it would have been a disaster. I'll keep e-mailing him from time to time.

A ladder - A friend of mine agreed to help with publicist work. I'm paying her. I have a list of ideas that could work, so I have concrete items for her to do. I'd really like to sell something between now and Christmas.

the Monday before Halloween, we had a craft party at my house, and we made a commercial for Molly. We tried a video, but had technical difficulties - another learning experience. Anyway, her commercial is on my web http://www.temporaryaddress-jody.blogspot.com. And I got a lot of my Facebook friends to forward it. If I can get three more commercials on before Christmas, that will be a success.

So happy steppin' to us all.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

updates and molly

Postby Lynx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi steppers,

Updates re checks: called the bank and stopped payment on the stolen ones. No charge as a courtesy. I'm having the replacement ones shipped to the bank branch and I'll pick them up there. SOP - standard operating procedure from here out. The monthly statements had not been shipped yet, so that's a non concern. An interesting back and forth as my packs have 25 checks and apparently the ones to come have 20 to a pack. I have no idea, so I had to take her word for it.

Called the police and got a case report number.

Elaine, congrats on the creative work. I tried the link and didn't get a video, but did see a couple of cute collages.

My focus is on prepping for my interview on Tuesday for a job. My cash bucket is running near empty so I'm redoubling my prep work. This position would call up many skills and pose lots of challenges, but things I want. I want a job that promises to be different every day.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:32 pm

The video is not ready for not-ready-for-prime-time. In other words, it was a learning experience - fun, but REALLY bad. Among other things, it was shot upside down. When I actually do the video, I plan to start with it upside down and then turn the camera over. I still haven't done any writing today, so I'll try to get some done before I go to bed.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

you mean like fred

Postby Lynx » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi Elaine, you've been scooped by Fred Astaire ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac6o8PXthzQ
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Hope your interview went well.

By the way, "windless Sea" is perfect. No need to hunt for a better quote.

And as for Fred Astaire - well all I can say is Molly has her work cut out for herself, to top that one.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby JazzMuse » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

Hope things are going better for you Lynx!

Elaine, do you have a date for your interview? Do you want me to help with the forwarding URL link?

I am still looking for a new position as an elementary international school teacher, but I had one very good interview for a fun, relaxed non-denominational Christian international school (will find out the first week of December) and I'm waiting for an interview time with one of the top secular international schools in Korea!

This is the season for hiring elementary school teachers, with the new school year starting January - March, so it's good timing.

I'm also waiting to hear back about 3 voice students who want to start soon!

This week will be busy, as I need to move out of my apartment and into my Auntie an Uncle's house by 11/17. Thank God for my Auntie and Uncle!

I will probably be broke for a while, so I really need to be careful with my money.

That's all for me today.
JazzMuse
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Lynx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:06 am

HI all,

Thanks for the positive energy. Let's see:

Called the bank and stopped payment on all my checks that were in the stolen lot and ordered new ones. Got a message the following day that still needs clearing up. Some of my neighbors are putting extra notices on the credit rating services but I don't feel the need.

The bluetooth connection restarted after we turned the computer off and back on. Still haven't found the mouses.

Job interview went well. Too fast! The organization feeds over 100 people on Friday nights and I dropped by this week to get a look at it. The ED was there apparently, because she commented on seeing me. I'd also visited a soup kitchen in a neighboring city for research as well that I shared with them. Sat right down to write my thank you notes and while doing that a friend strolled by and wanted to arrange breakfast next week. She's very networked, so this might springboard into something.

Spent today organizing all my materials related to a workshop I'm running in January. I really needed a file of a manual I wrote in 2010 for my prior job. Turns out I copied all my thumb drives to a hard drive a few weeks ago and with a little digging I found what I needed. Space with benefits!

Tomorrow I share in public if I'm called my experiences turning around my mania over the past 2 years.

Jazzmuse, good luck with your life reset—moving to save money and finding work—so you can move again to spend it!

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Success Stories