They did it, so can you

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

They did it, so can you

Postby Tituba » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:19 pm

Starting a success thread of examples.

Thought this article would be a nice start

http://www.businessinsider.com/leaving- ... ade-2016-1
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: They did it, so can you

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:30 am

What about the successes that some of the Board posters have had? em went to Botswana as a photojournalist. JazzMuse recorded a video of herself singing. Elizabeth won a prize for "The Red Lily Crown." Don't those count? I don't want to post other people's success stories. At least not without their permission. Besides, I might get the story wrong. Lynx has done some cool workshops and reviews. I wrote a couple of books. There are other successes - large and small that I don't know about. So sorry for anyone I left out. No offense intended.

I like your idea for this thread. Some of us have been going through some slumpy times. Let's hear about the successes. :D
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: They did it, so can you

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:33 pm

Elaine,

Back in the day when I was on the boards, people wouldn't feel comfortable posting their own successes. I would simply ask them if it would be okay if I posted a success story about what they did. Everyone said yes! So, I did that.

The people I asked, were mostly the people in my original stepper-type thread. Maybe you could do that for your Steppers Thread as well. The reason I put the step thread in the Success Stories in the first place, was to share our successes instead of just focusing on the next step, which is what most people do.

Celebrate the Success First --- before listing new steps. And write up a separate Success Stories thread for each other, if that's what it takes. Barbara has always encouraged us to kick each others butts, if that's what it takes. So, go kick some butts, guys!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Success Stories