March 2016 Daily Stepping

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

March 2016 Daily Stepping

Postby Lynx » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:33 am

Hello and Welcome to the March 2016 Daily Step Thread

Inspiring quotes:

“When in doubt, throw doubt out and have a little faith....”
― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly

“Don’t do it! Don’t you dare think about giving up! EVERYTHING has a process. Work with the process, not against it. Move forward with purpose and never stop believing. You can do this! You know you can.”
― Stephanie Lahart

Quotes found on Goodreads.

Okay, step into your goals,

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:44 am

Hi there Ms. March Month,

Today is fully open. My partner is out of town, I have nothing on the calendar. I have gotten my inbox and sent box down to zero! I didn't even have that as a goal.

Steps:
  • make notes out of several books
  • first draft for my public discussion norms
  • get several dvds from the library to enjoy
  • cook an Italian dish that requires a lot of steps (feels more like cooking that way)
  • maybe listen to city council update in background

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: March 2016 Daily Stepping

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:52 am

Thanks for starting March. It didn't even occur to me that the day after Feb. 29th was going to start a new month. I like the quotes. I'm feeling as if my writing belongs in the toilet and what the heck am I doing any of this for. OTOH if I didn't write, I'd have more time to play computer games and watch TV and be mindless, which isn't a great alternative. That said, some fun parties coming up.

My next project - try to make a You tube video with Molly.

May March be a blowout month.

Hey, JazzMuse and Elizabeth and Inspire and anyone I've left out. I hope you're all doing well.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:01 am

Hallo,

Email coughed out a new quote: "Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel

Havel is one of my all time mentors and models of what genuine leadership entails. I'll see if I can get it into my signature.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:33 pm

got my permanent crown today. Hopefully it's okay, and I'm done with teeth for a while. (fixing them, not eating with them.)

My writing still stinks.

Next day. Tooth is still okay.

I'm staring up the steps today, but haven't taken a step - metaphorically, of course. My plan is to write for an hour and then goof off shamelessly. But right now I'm just staring into space wasting time. I'm getting an idea about how to kill off my character and conclude the story.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:57 am

Hi steppers,

Elaine, my spirits tell me the crown is good and solidly in place.
Also, Stephen King tossed Carrie because he couldn't connect to the main character. His wife retrieved it from the trash. George Orwell had put aside Down and Out in Paris & London and a friend sent it to publishers. My point: maybe we can't judge our own works sometimes.

Trudging along getting routine things done. No word from yet another job application submitted last week. I'll call tomorrow.

Less than 44 hours when my partner returns. Been enjoying the really open days, free to do whatever, whenever, however. I'd that I had a cavilling voice of my own, but lo, its gone when she's gone. I'll savor my alone times when she's back a little more attentively.

All of this week in preparation for my workshop on Saturday, the one delayed from January.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:02 am

Hi, Steppers,

Lynx, hope your workshop went well.

My computer's been down, but it's up again. (That was a hole in one.)

Writing is still toilet paper quality.

My steps for today:

Write
Walk Molly
Finish taxes,
Gym
Make a blog entry.

it's a lot, but I used to be able to do all that after an 8 hr day at work (excluding the gym).
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:03 am

Taxes are done :D
And I'm writing :D
And I like what I wrote yesterday :D
And I'm blogging. But I'm getting tired of Iverson, and can't wait to finish his story so that i can switch back to Molly.
Re Molly, I'm running out of ideas for her. A friend of mine wrote some songs, and I'm planning on making videos of Molly singing them. Another learning experience! :? I wish I were a scanner and enjoyed them.

Hi, Square Peg, and thanks for the info about making videos. I'm having some anxiety about the whole thing. Plus I have to coordinate with a couple of other people - a singer and a friend to help me with Molly. Anyway, if this comes off, it'll be way cool. Or it could end up a half finished project for ever and ever. And I want the finished product more than I want the experience of trying to make a movie.

Anyway, happy steppin' to all of you.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:58 pm

Howdy,

Elaine, just the first impression, with all those smile emoticons was joyful.

Re: the video: you'll get there, have enough fun to want to do it again.

Me: focused on my workshop tomorrow. Putting the pack together and doing a full 'dress & tech rehearsal' with a new pointer thingy.

Re writing: finished off my 46th review of Luna Gale on Thursday. Good writing (Rebecca Gilman), so I'm going to see if I can find some of her other works and give them a read.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Hope your workshop went well.

Tom gave his mother a surprise 96th birthday party. Lots of fun. She was surprised in spite of everyone tripping up along the way.

Me - I'm tired of posting Iverson's story because I don't think people like it as much as stories about Molly. Two more posts and I'll be done with Iverson. I have a couple of Molly ideas, but I'm running out of them in a hurry.
I'm writing a little bit now. Better than it was a couple of weeks ago.

Happy steppin' to all.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi Steppers,

Elaine, where did everyone go?

I hope you get a resurgence of ideas and energy.

Workshop - went very well. Have some follow up things to do today and tomorrow.

Also interviewed a performance artist to draft a preview for his upcoming performance. The line kept dropping, but we managed.

Fun stuff,

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:17 am

Hi, Lynx,

I don't know where everyone went. (It's lonely at the top????? :lol: )

Anyway, I have some things that I need to get done in order to be in a better mood. I'll re-read the post I wrote with the happy emoticons. But what really needs to happen is that I need to do some chores that I've been putting off. And for some reason, I've been feeling isolated lately even though I've been out and about, and I've been with people every day for the last week.
Sigh!

Successful steppin' to everyone reading this.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:28 am

Hi trudgers,

About those little things that help with a better mood ... sometimes I alternate (especially if they should take less than 15 minutes) between focus on a high priority project and a mood lifter. mostly the list is from getting it off the damn list.

I subscribe to Moodscope's blog, and someone launched a post about songs that lift ones mood. The comments have been great. I've made a list and I'm working my way through it. https://www.moodscope.com/blog/happy-songs

Tomorrow is real simple: draft a preview for an upcoming performance. Got to talk with the artist on Monday, though our phone connection kept blinking out. We managed.

I'll listen to my recording a couple of times and see how all the ideas rattling round mǝ 'ed arrange themselves on the screen.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:19 am

Thanks for the link, Lynx :lol:

Okay, time to step.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

17b

Postby Lynx » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi,

Today has been thrown off—just got word that a dear friend committed suicide by hanging. Her body was found Tuesday. Feeling a bit numb.

Interesting feeling moving through this without writing anything much since I stopped journaling.

Healing energies for her friends and family as we cope through this event.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Success Stories