March 2016 Daily Stepping

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: March 2016 Daily Stepping

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Oh, Lynx, I'm so sorry.

Healing and comforting thoughts to you and the family of your friend, and everyone close to her. May you be a source of comfort for each other, and end up with many happy memories.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:03 am

Thanks Elaine. Managed to trudge on and get a story draft in just 30 minutes past the due time. Not too bad.
Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Congrats on the draft. Keep on trudgin' . .
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:50 am

Right now, too sleepy to care about anything. If I weren't sleepy - oh, heck, I'll write when I'm not sleepy.

Happy steppin' and snorrin'. Wish I were snorrin' and steppin', in that order.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Okay, back to steppin'

I've finished posting "Iverson's Vision Quest," and I'm ready to start on Molly's video. My first steps are to get some costumes for Molly and then to photograph her wearing them. I'll have to talk my friend Elsa into helping with the photography since my plans for Molly's photoshoot is going to require at least two people. Then I'll have to get some other cute dog or cat videos.

On an unrelated topic. I want to at least research getting solar panels. I use very little electricity, which is why i haven't done it ages ago. But if I can do it without bleeding my resources dry, I want to get them anyway.

So those are my two goals.

Happy steppin' world!
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi,

Keep at it, Elaine. Solar panels, interesting. Solar panels with led lights, right-sized water heater, etc. Would you be able to sell electricity back to the system? The utilities have been changing their rules of late and not allowing that as much.

I've had an interest run of doing a preview for a play that was published on Tuesday and then attending the show. Apparently, the link to the preview go a lot of tweets and re-tweets, so many people had seen it or the headline for it. It was fun to see them connect my article with me in the person.

We have our state caucus tomorrow, and I need to send in my passport renewal paperwork with $110 credit charge. Plus $10 for photos. Good for 10 years, $12/yr, a dollar a month, or a quarter a week, or 3.6¢ a day.

I just don't like that there's no end. There's always something.

Yet still no work. I have two pitches to make on Wednesday, then I'm faced with removing my Ph.D from my resume and working a low-skilled, low-pay job. Prospects not so pretty.

May some luck show up on Wednesday, please!

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:40 am

Happy Easter,

I'll post again on Monday (or Tuesday, or . . .)
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:34 am

Happy Easter, Steppers.

Lynx, good luck on Wednesday.

Elaine, am looking forward to Molly's pictures.

We're all alive. Both doggies are a little shaky but seem comfortable and happy. Jim is okay-ish, although on March 16th he was outside trying to do yard work he shouldn't have been doing and got bitten by a Brown Recluse spider. His hand swelled up and turned black and scared us both half to death. Doctor took one look at it and said, "Eek, Brown Recluse bite!" Since then he's been stuffed with antibiotics and prednisone, and so far no necrosis, thank God. We seem to just lurch from one emergency to the next.

Needless to say, no writing. I have this weird sense that the woman who wrote those books wasn't me. The other day a reader posted an image of the first page of THE FLOWER READER to Twitter, and I looked at it and didn't recognize it at all.

Can't say I'm stepping, but the days keep passing and somehow I'm staggering along.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Lynx » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:15 am

Hi steppers & staggerers,

Elizabeth, sometimes the staggering steps ARE the steps. Speedy recovery to all your kin and clan.

I'm settling into a mindset to finish off my taxes. Took a few weeks breather to deal with some projects. Those are dispatched, so here we go. Some odd things happened last year financially, so I'm unsure of the stress and surprises that lie ahead on my 1040. Who knew a tax form could be a journey.

Speaking of journeys, my local transit systems just opened a pair of stations and offer as a bribe, er, incentive, a card good for a free week of travel. So I've been enjoying listing and mapping mini-adventures around the area.

Also went to WA state's Demo party caucuses to vote for Bernie. His great turnout results (over 70% of the delegates) are revealing a flaw in the party's rules, as he's being blocked from getting all of the delegates because of the super delegate rules. Along with the other party destroying the implicit agreement of "disagree on the issues, play fair with our common process" around the vetting of the Supreme Court nominee, this is quite a mess the parties are making for us to untangle. And they want to be in charge? They can't even be fair and honest and etc. (either party) what they have now!!

Be safe, it's risky out there,

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi, Everyone,

Elizabeth - Brown recluse Yikes! Thanks goodness you got Jim to the doctors as quickly as you did. Those spiders are nasty! Okay, enough with the exclamation marks. I did check your Facebook page a couple of weeks ago (more or less) and I saw the picture of Boo and Cressie, so I knew Cressie was okay. I hope you're done with medical emergencies - human and canine - for a while. Good wishes.

Lynx, more good wishes for you.
Washington and Oregon seem to do a lot of things right. Have fun with the mass transit.

Me - Easter at Tom's family - a lot of kids, other people, dogs, and food.
Molly is getting older. It's hard to get into that doggie person as she doesn't steal ham off of the counter or climb trees anymore. I'll see what I can do about the video. That'll be fun if it works.
As for the other writing - it's terrible, and that makes it hard for me to write. I really appreciate my Internet friends, you all and others, because without them I would have given up a long time ago. But I've got a lot of time available now that I'm retired, so I might as well write as watch TV or play solitaire and hope that someday it turns good.
I woke up, read for about an hour - bliss. Then found myself in the kitchen in a terrible mood. Fortunately, I got out and about, and that helped considerably.

Happy steppin', slidin', sloggin' or bloggin' as the case may be.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

31 wrapping up march

Postby Lynx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:26 pm

Hi steppers,

Still slogging along. Finished the 99% draft of my taxes. A few forms to tidy up and that's done for 2015. What finally worked, was a commitment to 40 minutes a day, and if I missed a day I could double up. Or if I could see coming up a missed day I could use them sooner.

Once I got to deductions - virtually none - it just tripped along.

I'll post the start for April, next thing, because it's easy.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories