June 2016 Daily Stepping

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: June 2016 Daily Stepping

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:22 am

Elaine,

I'm so glad you're in that idea stage. Have you ever read about the stages of creativity? If not, it's useful. Keeps you from beating yourself up when you label yourself as "not being productive".
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:57 am

Howdy,

Re Windoze 10, I've skirted around the challenge and am taking my Macbook Air to work on.

Speaking of which, I'm reminded to back it up. Next after I'm done getting through emails.

An appointment today needs to move to next week. I'm also faced with the Half-world challenge of finding times to get to the local major museum to see their survey of 500 years of graphic art. Goya, Rembrandt, Picasso, R. Crumb, and on and on. http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/graphicmasters

Today with the shift in schedule I'm taking it slower, getting in a nap, and then going to a meet up on apps for managing volunteer engagement.

Make sleep important,
Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:06 am

If you mean the three stages - euphoria, depression, and doing the work, yes, and they helped me a lot.

Lyndon, your short bursts might be the way you work. It just struck me that I get an idea, and then I write it down, and then some time passes and I get another idea, and so on. And I'm intrigued by your game. Enjoy camp.

Lynx, your projects sound interesting.

Me - just writing. I think I'll post some of my stuff on the writers' thread. I jump around a lot, but I now have a couple of fairly consistent parts that I can share. I'll start July's thread, if you all want me to.

Oh, Susan is back. That shouldn't mean anything to all of you, but it might mean that I can go forward with Molly's video. Molly's getting pretty old. I hope she lets me put make up on her face.

Elaine

Make up????? Ewe!!!!! I'm a dog, and we like to smell like natural things - poop and dead animals, not cosmetics.
However, I must say, I'm pretty cute, and I do know my lines perfectly: get up on the couch - sit - stay - stay - stay - eat treat - eat treat - stay - stay - get petted and praised, eat treat, eat treat - get down from the couch. A challenging role, but I nailed it.

Molly
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:35 am

Elaine,

No. The list you mentioned isn't what I'm talking about. I'll see if I can find it on the internet and send it.

Windows 10. I found out some stuff and will post on the thread Need interest help.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:40 am

The Five Stages of Creativity:

1. Preparation

2. Incubation

3. Insight

4. Evaluation

5. Elaboration

I will get the details for you later.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lyndon » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:54 pm

I signed up for the LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE book club, and already have the first week supplies (small notebook and 2 different colors of 3 X 5 cards) before the club started. And the book.
This may be a crazed month, it’s one of my most optimistically trying lots of things months in, well years. But I should have abundant learnings for August.

This has been a month of a LOT of improvement. Thanks for the buoying encouragement!

Sometime I’ll have daily steps on a small side business setup, but there are perquisites to work on first.

This weekend on my website I plan to write a post on what Camp Nanowrimo is, and some more on Play By Email/Post games and the specific game session. Today I hope to change my outline from vaporware in my head to words on a screen.

Elaine “Lyndon, your short bursts might be the way you work.”

I’m coming to agree that short bursts might be a Lyndonish way to work.

I have lots of subject changes due to interruptions at office (not just interruptions at my desk, but as oldest as 4 I got conditioning to always be having ears on alert, and have trouble tuning out stuff that really isn’t my problem.)

Usually I seldom get a burst all the way to its natural end. More data needed!

InspireSuccess: Writing something different than a journal can be an “and” rather than an “or.” Exhibit A, Lynx’s quotes from Steinbeck.

La Fenice I had fun googling La Fenice and finding a variety of things from opera house to coffee maker.
How goes the prep for your inter-continental move?

I very much enjoyed the Refuse To Choose Book Club. I had been reading and not really doing all the exercises since last decade, and was usefully and enjoyably surprised.

To be continued,

Lyndon
Lyndon
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:14 pm

Lyndon wrote:Elaine “Lyndon, your short bursts might be the way you work.”

I’m coming to agree that short bursts might be a Lyndonish way to work.

InspireSuccess: Writing something different than a journal can be an “and” rather than an “or.” Exhibit A, Lynx’s quotes from Steinbeck.

Lyndon, you're right (I just wrote "write" instead of "right!"). "And" instead of "Or". Better way for me to think of it. Yes, you're right about Lynx's references to the letter writing, journal writing and novel writing of Steinbeck. Anais Nin is another good example for me. She used her extensive journals to write her novels. In fact, her published journals sold much more than her novels.

RE: short bursts. It will be interesting for me to see if the "stages of creativity" refer to your "bursts" in any way.

P.S. I'm curious to know what "Exhibit B" would be. (Exhibit A being Lynx's Steinbeck quotes.)
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:37 pm

Hey, Molly. Go check out Quotes for the Day.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories