December 2016 Daily Stepping

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

13 warmup

Postby Lynx » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:36 am

Hi folks,

Managed to read through all 6 essays in a collection to give me ideas, and permission, for how to edit my own.

For warm up this morning, on topic:

I'm at a section of the essay where little blips of thoughts over the years are tumbling in, and places where ideas to "not understand" are also chirping for attention.

"The grass is greener where you water it" can be a formula: The X is Yer where you Z it.

Playing with how to apply this to writing, but I don't like what comes of it. Something like.The thinking gets clearer where you expose it by writing. See? Not so good.

I need a good quote (From Goodreads, now owned by Amazon):

“I'm writing a first draft and reminding myself that I'm simply shoveling sand into a box so that later I can build castles.”
― Shannon Hale

To the page,

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: December 2016 Daily Stepping

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:52 am

Lynx,

I enjoyed reading your last post. :D

I copied the quote into the Quote for the Day thread.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Lynx and Elaine,

I have a favor to ask. I need accountability on something on a regular basis. I need to be reminded on a monthly or weekly or whenever you're willing basis. I used to do this in the past and it helped a lot, but when I start getting unwell I stop doing it. If I could keep up with it, it would make a huge difference with my health.

It's called the "Significant Events and Stressors" calendar. I'm wondering if the two of you would be willing to put a reminder on your calendar, maybe one of you on the first of the month and the other on the 15th of the month that says, "Ask Inspire if she's doing her SES list".

I can set up regular reminders for myself, but unfortunately I don't pay much attention to a reminder from myself. I would if someone else is asking or reminding.

I've made the decision to change therapists in the next 3 months because of this. I see her every other week but she won't help me with this. I think the recent meltdown could have been prevented if I'd been doing the SES.

If there is anything that the two of you need to be accountable for on a regular basis, let me know. I'm more than happy to set up an ongoing reminder on my calendar and send you a reminder.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi

Inspire, I'm in!

Via private message, send me your email and I'll put a reminder to contact you and also send an email cc of the reminder to you at the same time. I'll take the 15th, Elaine, if that's okay.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: 13

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Lynx wrote:Inspire, I'm in!

Yay! Thank you so much! I'll do the PM now.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:54 pm

When Lynx signed off, "To the page...", it reminded me of Lyndon's sign off, "To be continued..." which I've always loved.

I need to come up with my own unique sign off. I've been thinking about it today, but I haven't come up with anything. I guess when I do an actual sign off, I do "Inspire Success" or "Inspire". I use those when I'm specifically giving that message to the person I'm responding to. I'll keep those when it's appropriate, but I'd like something that's a standard sign off. My creative challenge for the day.

I'm in recovery mode, still in my jammies, trying to focus enough to read, but unsuccessful. Staring into space and occasionally lying on the bed. Zombie. Nothing I can do about it. Which sucks. Which pisses me off. Which exhausts me and then I have to rest again. Round and round and round she goes. When she stops, nobody knows.

I just remembered that I do have another sign off I use when I get really frustrated -- "Uninspired".
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:11 pm

I guess I don't have to come up with just one sign off. I already have 3. Why not keep adding new and different ones as they come up? Alternatives, variations on the theme of Inspire Success, who knows...

I've been using ... in my writing a lot lately. Maybe I could sign off with that.

... :D
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Elaine,

Please don't feel burdened by my request. I know sometimes you have to go off the Boards for awhile to deal with family issues. You needn't ask me exactly on the first of each month. WHENEVER, you happen to ask, will be a help to me. Hope all is well with the family issues right now.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Hey, InspireSuccess,

I'll be happy to remind you to do your SES on the first of the month. Please note that I'm getting flakier as I get older, so if I forget to remind you, it's not because of anything you said. And if I do forget, I'll add the reminder afterwards.

Also, note that I don't check the boards every day. (Sometimes I do.) So with all of that, I hope I'm still helpful, and I'll check in with you on the first of each month.
Last edited by Elaine Glimme on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:06 pm

Speaking of accountability:

After yapping about it for three years, I bought solar panels, and they installed them last Thursday. Felt really good. Then . . .

Some bad stuff happened. I just decided that it was too much information to post here. Suffice to say, it has to do with financial stuff.

I need to make three phone calls that I don't want to make.

Happy steppin' Everyone.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for the response about my SES. "Whenever" will always be helpful.

Congrats on the solar panels.

So sorry to hear about more bad news being dumped on you. Hang in there. Getting those phone calls done will feel uncomfortable and yukky, but it will help move you forwards.

Always here to support you. Love, Inspire

P.S. Remember to breathe...
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:16 pm

Hello Breathers,

Yes, Elaine, hard to take difficult developments right on the back of getting those panels installed. I'm not clear if the panels and the yucklist (Yuck this List!—can I write that? All 4-letter words) are related.

I'm focused on my article. Promised my editor 3 interviews and finished the third one today. Made the promise because it would force me to make the effort, and it worked! People seem eager to talk, and they lasted over 20 minutes apiece. These folks are the pros; I'm the newbie.

May get yet another one or two in tomorrow. Starting drafting tonight, though, and will finish up tomorrow night whatever the outcome of the last interviews.

Thanks Inspire for catching my close with "to the page..." it just fell in place but I now see the charm of it.

To the page it is,

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:19 pm

I got one of the phone calls done. Problem solved (this one was solar related.)

Two to go. By the time I got around to the phone calls, it was after closing time back East. Figured out what I need to ask. I'll make the calls tomorrow.

It's tomorrow. I got the second call made. Problem solved.

Didn't have to make the third call. Nailed it!
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:58 pm

I finally stopped avoiding the obvious. The hip pain I've had for 4 weeks is not going to go away. Wishful thinking. Did a "same day" appointment and found out it's bursitis. Nothing serious. Some anti-inflammatory meds should be enough. If not...injections. I'm SURE the meds will do the trick. :D

Sincerely yours, Manicky Minimum
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Elaine Glimme wrote: Problem solved...Didn't have to make the third call. Nailed it!
Way to go, Elaine!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories