EXERCISING THE BRAIN

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: EXERCISING THE BRAIN

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:01 pm

One more thing recommended for older people is to learn a hobby -- knitting, crochet, stained glass, wood carving, embroidery, etc.

I made the mistake of taking on a crochet/embroidery project for pay, thinking I could whip it out in no time. After 25 years of not doing those skills, I was dismayed to discover I can't pick up where I left off. I need to relearn. So, I'm relearning crochet, knitting, and embroidery.

In order to do knitwear design, I have to relearn how to do all the math (left brain) and write instructions -- sequential, left-brain stuff. Designing again is going to be a huge relearning process that will challenge both my right and left hemispheres.
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:11 pm

SquarePeg, I guess the thing is: I just don't like games! Even as a child I didn't like them. Now as an oldie senior, I'm finding I still don't like games. So, I need to find other ways to challenge my brain.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:20 pm

Another way to challenge the brain -- lip reading classes. I've started them at lipreading.org. They're definitely a challenge!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories