January 2017 Daily Stepping

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: January 2017 Daily Stepping

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:44 am

If you see this, welcome, Kathy Croom, and do you have a wish and an obstacle?
Last edited by Elaine Glimme on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:13 am

Hi Folks,

Elaine, thanks for the information. I'd check out what the police did. They're also armed and dangerous, which might help when there's a disagreement.

My own story: The deadline was today at midnight, so was right that the 8th was a day early. Asked for a phone # and got one, with a confirmation my essay and cover had been accepted!

She took my VISA info over the phone and will process my payment after she climbs out of the pile of last minute submissions.

Breathing again. Body back on, feeling hungry? Yes.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Yay, Lynx. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:42 am

Lynx, YOU DID IT! I hope you do something fun to celebrate!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

10 I did it!

Postby Lynx » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the cheers, they mean a lot and confirm this was worthwhile.

Yeah, we celebrated by going to a perogi happy hour (10 for $6) and then a movie, Fences with Denzel and Viola, $6 a tix with our bus pass. Viola Davis is amazing. August Wilson knows how to write complex female characters.

Also cut my hair and took a long hot bath in epson salts. Plus a nap, and today I slept late. Oh, I made an appointment for a massage.

Today the big thing on my mind is sorting plastic bags, copying quotes, and going to the concluding meeting and party of a project on housing. Maybe return some books to the library, maybe not.

I could call my editor about the other project, but I feel a need for another day of grace.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: 10 I did it!

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Lynx wrote:Yeah, we celebrated by going to a perogi happy hour (10 for $6) and then a movie, Fences with Denzel and Viola, $6 a tix with our bus pass. Viola Davis is amazing. August Wilson knows how to write complex female characters.

Also cut my hair and took a long hot bath in epson salts. Plus a nap, and today I slept late. Oh, I made an appointment for a massage.

Today the big thing on my mind is sorting plastic bags, copying quotes, and going to the concluding meeting and party of a project on housing. Maybe return some books to the library, maybe not.

I could call my editor about the other project, but I feel a need for another day of grace.

Lynx

Sounds great! Yeah, I think a short break from the other project is a good idea.

You know what I always say --- breathe! :D
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lyndon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:21 pm

Lynx
Thanks for the copyediting sheet and pointer. I’ll be nibbling at that site for a while.
“Whew” on essay getting in despite technical difficulties. I’d be too exhausted after the suspense for an exclamation mark if it happened to me.

Elaine – How Weasaly of the ideas to show up in the middle of the night.

Best Buy also recycles (but doesn’t pay) and has bins for several types of stuff on the way in.
It won’t take big stuff. And now I have “One Piece At A Time” sung by Johnny Cash stuck on repeat in my mind. Which is not really a bad thing.

That is the one about a guy working on the assembly line in a Cadillac plant, and couldn’t afford one but figured if he just took one piece at a time “in my big lunch box” that by the time he retired he’d have enough pieces to build himself one. It sorta worked.

Various: Sorry for the stressful hospital reading. I was just focused on my own happiness that I handled the stress well. Last decade I got counseling and a good local non-profit clinic – that’s also a training institute, so working for me helps the counselors with their homework. When I started I thought I had depression, everybody else in the family did, and I felt swamped by second-hand depression. Actually turned out my problem was anxiety “with maybe partial credit for a mini-depression.” Once we started working on problems I really had rather than problems I didn’t have, got better results. Which really shown when to a test.

But I was focusing on me, me, me rather than you readers, and not thinking through consequences.

So, -- changing the subject now.

Goals:
Big January goals will to work out good workable 2017 goals.

On writing, I got cheerful yellow index cards, and did one for each 8 to 15 minute sprint. Continuing to teach myself thoroughly that “I don’t have time” does not compute.

I also have a bunch of blank cards to document and celebrate when I get a nice looooong writing time.

On work: got new pants and shirt and shoes, and almost done with the “assemble interview costume” task. Diane helped with letting my use a store credit card that she had run down to zero.

Goodwill and other thrift stores are in my near future. I got a couple coats from Goodwill that were formal enough for any office situation I got into for a decade.

On looking for employer, I’m also checking political donation records and what if any charity they are involved in.

To be continued.
Lyndon
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Lyndon, no worries. When you have an experience like what you described, other people's goals get sent to the back of the bus.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

12 Jan

Postby Lynx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:45 am

no warm-ups for writing! whew.

plastic bags sorted and organized in bundles of mixed sized bound with rubber bands. cloth bags sorted by size.

simple. done.

need to make one call today and get a cover letter for a gig i'm applying to.

too lazy for capitals.

lx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:17 am

Me - three goals for today:

Call to bank.

Something I'm not posting here.

check mail.

And I hope I get some of the junk sorted out so that I don't spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for stuff. :bash:

Happy steppin' everyone.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: 12 Jan

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Lynx wrote:too lazy for capitals.lx
:D
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:44 am

Same three steps to do. :roll:
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Help, please.

I've had this problem more than once with more than one account. It's anything like the boards where I have to have a password to get into something. If the last time I logged in, was a long time ago, of course I don't remember the password, and I probably don't remember the log on either. So I click "forgot password" type in my info. They say they'll send me a link to my e-mail. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it tells me that I don't exist. So I go back to the site and try to log on as a new person. They say that they already have someone in the system with my e-mail. So I try "forgot password" again, and they tell me that I don't exist.

Is there a way???????
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

registration bounce

Postby Lynx » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi Elaine,

Email or call their customer service. Tell they which email and or user names you've used, etc. What's happened in my case is that they can clear the PW and send me a one-time temporary password.

Use that temp one right away and go to their account page and put in your own.

About remembering passwords. I use a handy app called password wallet. I just need to remember one PW, the one that opens the app, and it keeps all my PWs for me. I also add my credit card info so I need only copy and paste when ordering by CC. This was why I was bummed Sunday that I hadn't put my contest password in. Usually, in my right mind, I open the app, write in my user name and PW in the app first and then copy it to the website.

Now for a nap,

To the bed,
Lx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Elaine Glimme wrote:Help, please.

I've had this problem more than once with more than one account. It's anything like the boards where I have to have a password to get into something. If the last time I logged in, was a long time ago, of course I don't remember the password, and I probably don't remember the log on either. So I click "forgot password" type in my info. They say they'll send me a link to my e-mail. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it tells me that I don't exist. So I go back to the site and try to log on as a new person. They say that they already have someone in the system with my e-mail. So I try "forgot password" again, and they tell me that I don't exist.

Is there a way???????

I've had the same problem. I'll try to remember what I did to get around it. Have you tried shutting your computer off and then on and starting over again? I know that has helped me in certain situations. Maybe not this one. I'll think on it.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories