May 2017 Daily Stepping

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: May 2017 Daily Stepping

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu May 25, 2017 6:09 pm

p.s. way to go with the e-mails, Lynx. I just try to keep mine down to less than 200.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Fri May 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Hi ya'll,

very tired.

e.g., umcka is pretty good stuff. we have it around in several commercial forms and herb stores carry the real thing to make as a tea.

now that I've gotten my 42goals-like tracker sorted out, I'm overwhelmed! on quiet time for a few days to absorb it all.

on the horizon: something I've meant to do since december when i bot a 3 pack deal for one hour in an isolation tank, called floats now. there's a massage school that offers discounts to folks who have managed to hang on as long as i have, and i thought it would be an interesting experiment to do both in the same day. thursday i grabbed the phone and called and made the date for two weeks out.

right now avoiding doing anything too serious for too long.

lx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Sun May 28, 2017 8:28 am

Hello,

Puttering this morning. Looking up potassium (really cream of tartar) as supplement to lower my blood pressure. Seems like a good idea. Just brewed a lukewarm cup of a very little bit with magnesium to start to get used to the taste.

It's also interesting that when I look at the list of high potassium (K) foods, I enjoy many of them all ready. Several dried fruits, bananas, etc. already in the diet.

I'm also facing the larger metaphor of my whole life I have felt squeezed and crowded, constricted. Dilation is the way to go, so I'll find a few bloggers who write about developing the feeling of expansion.

Both dread this and excited how the experiment slowly unfolds. Seems I'm going to be at this a long, long time.

Such is living,

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: 28

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun May 28, 2017 8:58 am

Lynx wrote:I'm also facing the larger metaphor of my whole life I have felt squeezed and crowded, constricted. Dilation is the way to go, so I'll find a few bloggers who write about developing the feeling of expansion. Both dread this and excited how the experiment slowly unfolds.
Lynx

... developing the feeling of expansion.

What a great direction to go in, Lynx. Good luck with both the journey and the results.

Inspire
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun May 28, 2017 11:04 am

Welcome to my world.

Yams and/or sweet potatoes have a lot of potassium. (I forget which or if it's both.) From what I've read in your posts, you're already doing a lot of things to lower BP. Caffeine is bad; exercise is good. There's a book out - I'll try and find the title about lowering BP naturally. And of course healthy diet - few refined foods, whole grains some unsaturated fats, etc.

In my experience, all blood pressure meds have side effects. Some give you an obnoxious cough Some dehydrate you.Some lower your heart rate. That's good if your heart rate is high to begin with, but if it's normal, the meds will make you want to sit and stare at the wall all day.

L Theanine and L Argenine lower heart rate. Theanine is in green tea. (Not caffeine) Argenine is a naturally occurring amino acid. They don't SEEM to have side effects for me.

I take the Theanine for my BP. So far it seems to be the best option.

I hope some of this helps. Good luck. Since I'm not a doctor, take everything I type with a healthy dose of skepticism. Do your own research, and believe what your own body tells you.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

30 Special K in the diet

Postby Lynx » Tue May 30, 2017 11:48 pm

Hi ya'll

EG: Welcome to my world.

Oh, let's hope were both simply tourist and visitors and ready to vamoose as fast as our #s can get us out of here!

Yams and/or sweet potatoes have a lot of potassium. (I forget which or if it's both.) From what I've read in your posts, you're already doing a lot of things to lower BP. Caffeine is bad; exercise is good. There's a book out - I'll try and find the title about lowering BP naturally. And of course healthy diet - few refined foods, whole grains some unsaturated fats, etc.

Yes on all accounts for me. I'll ramp up the swt potato/yam intake. Lots of suggestions on the www.

In my experience, all blood pressure meds have side effects. ...

Thanks for the details. I'm running this via my own intuitions at the moment, and if more seems needed I'll go with acupuncture. Made a basket of everything I have on hand. Cream of tartar, ginger, garlic, tumeric, white willow herb, white willow tincture, hawthorn berries, Menzie's pipssissewa, circutone tincture (mostly hawthorn), gota kolu, cardamon, gastrodia elata (Chinese herb), eucommia (Chinese herb), Chinese blood pressure tea, garlic and onion powder (salt substitute)

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed May 31, 2017 10:54 am

Good luck with the BP. Some more BP thoughts - For me, when my BP goes up, I get upset over things that normally wouldn't bother me. And I know other people with BP issues that have horrible tempers. Also, of course if something bad happens, like an IRS letter, and your BP goes up, that doesn't mean that it's always going to be high. That said, BP is called "the silent killer," so I guess getting upset doesn't always happen.

My second doctor has been great about working with me. I don't take any prescription meds, just the L theanine. And I take it before bed, not in the morning. (helps me sleep.)

BP monitors can be unreliable. If you get a high reading, take a second reading, and compare the numbers with a couple of readings from monitors at the drug stores before accepting the number. Make sure you sit quietly for a couple of minutes before you check your BP. And pay attention to your heart rate. Normal is 60-70.

Me - I'm having Book Club at my house this Saturday, so I need to get ready. My list for today - living room, front of the house, three phone calls.

Try to keep the writing alive.

Happy steppin, everyone.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories