June 2017 Daily Stepping

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

25 ~ overwhelmed :: email 3 0 0

Postby Lynx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Felt entirely overwhelmed with so many channels of responsibility competing for my attention. I had overnight feelings of too much being dependent on me.

Recovered some Sat morning, and an evening of live jazz in a gorgeous home setting bailed me out some more.

Have a puttering day/staying close to tasks and home.

3 inbox mgs left. 1 requires I read a blog, 1 the site is down where I need to change my password, and 1 has some cool free events I want to get on my scheduler.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: June 2017 Daily Stepping

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:00 pm

Sorry about the overwhelmed, but it sounds as if you got through it.

I'm getting some ideas. My friend said she'd come over and let me think through ideas with her. This could be good.

Good wishes to everyone who visits here.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Had fun with my friend Susan. She showed me, among other things, a strategy called divide and conquer. Similar to an idea in "Games People Play," a book which was around when I was in my twenties. The idea is called, "Let's you and him fight." (Psychological games, not happy fun games.) The idea is to get two people fighting, and pretending to be the friend of both sides. Similar to Hitler getting the Arian Germans and Jews to hate each other. I'll be able to use it.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:42 am

What if . . . The Garden of Eden didn't happen a long time ago? What if we're living in it now? And what if the snake is hanging around just waiting to wreck it all?

This thought comes from the Prince of Tides[i][/i] I'm intrigued by its possibilities. Our lives are going smoothly, and suddenly something awful happens - a car crash, a death, a diagnosis of fourth stage cancer, a war, drugs - and so on. I want to use it in my writing. And I even have a snake in the story! My friend Susan said I should look up the significance of snakes. Something about the snake got both our imaginations. Interestingly, in some other cultures the snake is a creature of both good and evil. At this point, I'm looking at it as a symbol of evil, although . . .

Three days until nanowrimo. I'm curious to see what will come up.

Happy steppin', everyone.

And good thoughts to those of us who have had awful things happen and are doing our best to cope.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

good bye to June

Postby Lynx » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:18 am

Hi,

I've led off the thread for a couple of months, so I'm happy if someone else has a quote or another approach entirely to start July.

I usually work through the weekend to get my inbox to 0 0 0 . Right now it's 37 in / 44 sent / 0 spam.

I leave spam in the mix to have some place that feels I made it.

One project more on line this week and pitching 2 others (writing them up over the weekend).

Had a cloud loss that I only found last night: a review I wrote in 2015 has disappeared from the website where I post them. I've used every trick I know google can do to find it. Nada. Wrote the webmaster and hope there's a back up someplace with it. Otherwise, it's goners.

Working on systems to capture the rest. I had started but it was for idle moments, something I don't use much at the computer.

Sort of remember the show, but I'll never have the recipe again for the review, Oh Nooooo!

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories