Dec. 2017 Daily Steppin'

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Dec. 2017 Daily Steppin'

Postby Lynx » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:43 pm

Welcome back annieflourish,

And Elaine, I meant "test marketing."

Corrected.
L
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby annieflourish » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:16 am

I am in a rush to get this posted this morning, so it is not in a reader friendly format, but copied and pasted from my google drive doc.
My desire would be to not feel so rushed! To have time to reflect a bit more.
But it will all come. :)

And i thought "text market" was bang on! ;)

1. Practice introducing my business every day in a way which helps me become more comfortable with expanding on what I currently say.
STEP - made a little video in the bath yesterday, that was funny and low stress. :)
STEP - list of people I can practice on for role playing introductions: K, I, J, N
***talk to K I J N about wanting to role play
****Ha! Do it as interpretive dance! Just to take the edge off and have as many expressive experiences as possible.

2. Do daily embodiment practice, with a 15 minute baseline minimum.
STEP - clarified goal
STEP- Did 15 min practice + 5 min 5 stages, + 5 min sit meditation.

3. Make solid effort to increase the class size for Monday Nia.
***Create/find 5 posts per week for fb page
STEP - Found post and shared with Monday class reminder.
***email past participants about new session (include fb link)
***post short videos, 45 sec, that show what I’m workiing on for upcoming session and post to fb dance page.
STEP - edited a post so that it showed at top of that page feed, and got more comments than first post.

4. Get a time booked with a counsellor for a couple's session with my good man before end of January.
***mention to GM that I would still like to do this, and acknowledge that it is an unknown, as he is going to see his sister, and is working a lot right now.
***is there any time of kate’s calendar that looks like it might work for now.

5. Spend MAX of 1 hr, 4 days a week creating/curating attractive content for promotion of massage, Nia, and dance.
***Pick the 4 days - mon to thurs
***what time is the hour?

6. Plan workshop calendar for 2018.
***venues
***themes
***schedule in 4 of them

7. Learn new Nia routine for Monday's class in January - so, by Jan 15th.
****??

8. Learn routine called WILD by first Friday in January.

9. Remember each day, even if only for 5 seconds, that I want to practice being less defensive with my good man.
****Bracelets for blame, defensiveness, complaining, negativity.
STEP -- I switched three bracelets from left hand to right hand yesterday when I heard myself blaming GM and another person.

10. Get ready for Christmas! :)
****what do I want to have happen?

11. Professional Development Nia
***BCRPA?, is this worth it in terms of the classes i would teach would be paid less.

12. Get advice about websites - have 2?
***Ask consultant?

13. EA work
****Develop actual shift guidelines ***Go back to parent’s priorities.
****DBT workbook stuff.

14. Start new classes for Cumberland Rec and Courtenay Rec
****Flow&Go ****Move to Heal - seated classes
annieflourish
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Lynx » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:46 am

HI,

a-f, it appears we're all be learning about one another. I'm curious: about your abbrev in #11 and #13. Please share what the mean if so inclined.

I'm soaking in some rest and gradually will begin to get busier again. Seems also a good time to connect with friends through the holidaze period.

Tomorrow 3 appointments, Fri - Mon, some writing to get to.

Right now, to the pillows,
L
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby annieflourish » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:22 am

Lynx, soaking in some rest sounds so good. And connecting with friends. I also hadn't seen the word "holidaze" but like it!!

STEPS from yesterday and this morning.

Yesterday I did something that applied for goals 1, 5, and 9. I had an unexpected break in my work day - a client didn’t show - so I went for a walk. Did some shopping at local businesses and took a selfie with each of the business owners. All beautiful women who are self-employed and working at things they love, in this village that we love. :) Posted on personal fb feed, as many of the people who follow me are actually doing so because they know me through my business, but also posted to massage fb page, which reached others. Also, then each owner was able to go to the post and say something, so then all their people will see it, too. Sweet! And it made us all smile and feel some camaraderie. And I bought some beautiful things that I’ve been waiting for a chance to go get. Felt like a little holiday in the middle of a work day. (good thing not many people cancel - I sure couldn’t afford to do regularly!) Got a thing for a stocking stuffer, so it counts towards my Christmas goal, too.

Steps this morning for Goal 2 - did 15 min EMBP, 5 min 5Stages, and a 15 min meditation sit with my GM.
Noticed yesterday how this is helping with being more present, less touchy with my GM.

Steps yesterday for Goal 8, worked with music of 1st song for routine WILD. But really, that's not much, and isn't going to move me along fast enough to Jan 5th's start date.

Steps this morning for Goal 9, wore bracelets, switched over 2 when I made a blaming comment and had a defensive moment. I like the phrase “them’s fightin’ words”, which my brothers and I used against eachother a lot as kids. Since a lot of my defensiveness feels like it’s a kid’s level of relating, it fits, and helps me remember with humour and lightness that I am acting from a kid place. The switching bracelets idea is a carryover from a book I read about learning to live complaint free. In this moment don't remember the name of the book, but I sure found it helpful!

Steps for goal 14, found name and email of person who I will contact for exploring starting new classes in my own town.

No steps on Goals 3, 4, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13.

Things I want to do today - whittle down goals to one representative word each

Ah, and out of time.
annieflourish
New Poster
New Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Welcome back, annieflourish. Good luck with your goals and dreams. I hope the steppers thread helps.

I've stopped posting here for awhile. I'm out of touch with everyone and the thread is too long for me to back track. 2 weeks from now (REALLY????) it's going to be January and I'll see if I'm going to join the thread again.

The one big piece of news I have is I adopted a cat. I've lived alone for 4 years with no humans, no animals, and no plants. just me. Ugh.
It's wonderful to have another living soul living with me. She's a challenge, because she's been through a lot in her one year of life. I adopted her from ARF who rescued her from the kill list of the Sonoma shelter. She's really afraid of people so it's been slow going for the four (very long and stressful) weeks she's been with me. I can see the progress, but I also know it's going to be another month or two before she can stop being so afraid. From all signs so far, I think she's going to end up being a very affectionate cat.

This is the first pet I've had in 14 years. I was renting rooms in other people's houses where there were pets, but they weren't mine so every place I lived I got attached to pets then had to leave. Even though I've been in this apartment for 4 years there were many reasons (which I won't go into) for why I didn't get a pet until now.

As far as my day to day life, I'm going through a very unusual and very strange phase of sleeping 10-12 hours a day. I've had insomnia as long as I can remember so it's really weird for me. I have some guesses as to why it's happening, but I really don't know. One guess is that I'm doing better after a full year of major depression. I'm thinking maybe my body/mind is giving me lots of rest from all that stress for so long.

I look forward to seeing what everyone is up to in January.

Keep on steppin'.

Love, Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:14 pm

HI, everyone,

I lost my wi fi for a couple of days. Apparently, it was a router problem.

Annieflourish, I'm enjoying reading your marketing goals. I hate marketing, and i'm no good at it, so I'm interested in learning what can be done to make it easier.

Inspire, congrats on your new friend the cat.

Me - So my yuckit list continues.

call dentist
call eye doctor
get DMV booklet
figure out insurance stuff - I don't think I have to do anything but . . .
one big act of housecleaning each day

On the more enjoyable things to do list:

gym
wrap presents
write
garden

Writing- I really got into it with nanowrimo, and I'm not doing anywhere near that much right now. This morning, I did get going editing the skateboarder part and enjoyed doing it.

Okay, next step for me is to go to the gym.

happy steppin' everyone.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:33 am

Ah, my new first world problems ...

Upgraded to the latest, greatest mac os 10.13 high sierra on Thanksgiving day. It secretly sent some message to my 1995 Hewlett Packard Laserjet 4 M Plus printer to not cooperate any longer. I've had random success with three (3) different other computers with legacy operating systems teasing a doc out, but now the HP has swallowed the cyanide and just sits there.

This is my moment of goodbye. And hello hassle until my new Brother printer (Brother appears to be more diligent in keeping their drivers current with fresh SW changes than other companies like HP) arrives at Staples. Refurbed and marked down greatly. I'll wait and see.

This is my moment of goodbye. Bot this thing in maybe 1998 or 1999. Refurbed from an aftermarket toner dealer. "Rated for 1 million copies" he said. I can't remember the price, maybe $100. Pure guess.

Printed out the test page, at 98,800 copies. Another 1200 and would have turned the odometer. One toner cartridge, if we are careful, could make 5,000 or so copies.

This is my moment where the frustrating hours I put into trying to coax this arrangement to work are over. I'll put the time into shuttling to the copy shop. Right now I need to call the cheaper one to see if they can print from a thumb drive ...

Unspeakeable annoyance at the wastefulness of this situation.

I've got due times, so to the page with this dragging frustration hovering about ...

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:15 am

Ah, the art of letting go is hard to master.

Apple has done something that has put my printer into a coma. It turns on, self-tests, and then stands ready. One by one, my various computers and their various Operating Systems could get copies coaxed from this Hewlitt Packard (HP). But just once or for a day.

It feels as though it should be a simple fix. I know this feeling. A trap. Something's been altered and neither Apple nor HP (at least from their online support threads) can pinpoint it and thus describe how to fix it.

So yesterday I trotted out to the Office Depot and had copies done from a thumb drive.

So today I have to parent the "can I try again" side of myself.

Parent: "No, we've tried. It's over."

Try: "But, we have really tried this combination—turn three times counter clockwise while rewording Hamlet's speech, 'to print? Or not to print? That is the question.' "

Parent: "Where did you read that!? No, It's over. We've ordered a new refurb one from Staples with a rep for keeping their drivers current (Brothers brand). It's on it's way."

Try: "They could at least have warned us. We didn't have to do the upgrade."

Parent: Or we might have done a bit of research. Didn't happen and here we are."

Try: "Let me think about all of this."

And on I go,
L
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby annieflourish » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Oh mym, Lynx, I got such a kick out of reading your post - To print or not to print! Loved how you talked about NOT getting caught in that trap - where it feels like it should be a quick fix, and it just ain't.

I blew my circuits over the past couple of days.
Over-humaned, which is my way to say I did not get enough alone time, and all the human to human contact overwhelmed my circuitry. I have been hiding in my bedroom today. Should be better by tomorrow. When I will post steps!
annieflourish
New Poster
New Poster

Postby annieflourish » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I created a fb page today called Daily Steppin'. If you go to fb and type @Daily Steppin' in the search bar, it should pop up.

I already spend so much time on fb, promoting business, etc, that it is going to be easier for me to post my steps every day there. also, i can add pictures, images, gifs, inspirational quotes, etc.

Thanks for welcoming me in, and if you'd like to join in over there, it would be lovely to have you. :)
annieflourish
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Lynx » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm

I guess AnnieFlourish you're waving good bye? So soon, we hardly know ye.

Thanks for appreciating my inner struggles. I spent lots of hours of my limited childhood untangling kite strings and putting jigsaw puzzles together. Training in patience, but even patience needs a wall it won't climb over.

I don't FB, so I'll miss your steppin.

Ah, my Brother (no 's') printer arrived and I was able to get it to work with the wireless wifi. So that's good.

Working way through the manual right now, in fits and starts.

Found a book on masterful problem solving called Stop Guessing that I'm reading on line.

Just one of the books piling up to be read. Another is a 700 page history of the novel by someone who actually writes well.

Ah, alas, swimming through pages again,
L
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:14 am

HI,

Annieflourish, I'll check out your FB page from time to time. I don't FB very much, but I like what you've written here, and I'll try to stay connected.

Lynx, I feel your pain, although it sounds as if it's about ended. I had a similar problem both times that Microsoft upgraded me. Lost two printers that way.

Steppin' slowly, but haven't stopped.

Happy Holidays, everyone.

MIL's memoirs should have arrived up at the lake today. I hope she gets a charge out of them. - being an author and all. She doesn't get a charge out of very much lately.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lyndon » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:21 am

I've been getting lots of catch-up rest last 2+ weeks, after some months of varied and overabundant Random Events and Plot Complications.

I recall when watering the back yard as a kid after coming back from vacation and water would just go in and vanish without a visible trace minutes later until local water table recovers.

So Zzzzzzzzzss gradually replenished the resting level.

Independent invention dept: We use the term "over-peopled" when we don't get enough alone time.
Lyndon
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Lynx » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi steps,

Lyndon, I appreciate the deep rest surprise. A couple of Saturdays ago I dropped into a deep sleep around 9:30 pm and stayed there for 12 nearly 12 hours.

Needing less now, but I'm catching up on long left alone work involving local bus routes. Slogging through the bureaucratic prose and tables is numbing, so I'm finding even with just a couple of hours put into this work I still sleep deeper and longer.

Merry final days of 2017 to all, and ever improving ones in 2018.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:19 am

Howdy,

Looking into a fun day. Except for film festivals, I can't recall the last time I took in 2 movies in one day. A double-feature. Well, today may be my chance.

On the marquee at the low-cost last-chance Theatre (Crescent in Seattle) is the Dickens movie plus the Van Gogh one.

Re: The Dickens one, The Man who Invented Christmas, I stumbled upon a review and it seems fun to see Hollywood bring the interior world of writers to the screen. Long gone are the voice overs of yore in this pict, apparently.

Re: The other, Loving Vincent, is animation drawn in V v G's style. We have a short 'layover' and it'll be interesting to see what we can do with it.

Both were artists, or "creatives," as the start-up/designer/speaker circuit folks would tag it.

Merry / Happy,
Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories