Gardening Again!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Gardening Again!

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:15 pm

I just started gardening, but I think starting something is already a success. Getting going is a success. Reclaiming an old love is a success.

I gave away all my extensive gardening plants, tools, supplies, etc. when I moved into an apartment 4 years ago. I'm dying a slow death not having a garden. I happened, by chance, on a tiny, hidden community garden. THEY HAD ONE PLOT LEFT! AND IT'S NOW MINE!

I put a request on freecycle.org for gardening supplies. It would cost me a huge amount of money to replace everything I gave away to people there 4 years ago. I hope my generosity is returned by now receiving at least some of what I need.

My former gardens were so much fun but very haphazard. I'd decide I wanted to plant something and just stick it in somewhere. This time I plan on putting my artist/designer self together with my gardener self and really design a beautiful garden that is a mix of flowers, herbs, and veggies.

I just put a hold on 14 books on the library website. Yes, I do that. Then I go to the library and immerse myself in tons of books and notebooks and have a totally, insanely lovely brain overload experience. Can't wait for the library experience, but most of all, can't wait to get my hands into the earth again and start growing beautiful plants.

Inspire Success
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Gardening Again!

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Good luck. I'm starting a garden also. Please let us know how you're doing.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:39 am

Good wishes, but don't get too wound up.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:42 am

Elaine Glimme wrote:Good wishes, but don't get too wound up.
Thanks for the warning!!!! :D
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu May 03, 2018 3:10 pm

So glad for you! Gardening is a wonderful activity. I wish you much joy!

Our library system has a limit of 3 holds per user. But the three of us (Wife, Daughter and Me) all have library cards, so we can stretch to 9.

We haven't reached the limit yet on how many books can be taken out. It's at least over 50, so even though we don't put much on how, we sometimes check out a huge amount.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu May 03, 2018 7:38 pm

Hope you're having better luck than I am, Inspire. For me, right now, nothing is working.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

how is it going?

Postby Lynx » Fri May 04, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi Inspire,

How is it going? We had a community plot for a couple of years and it was great fun, when it wasn't a chore (to our way of thinking).

Turns out, we reluctantly concluded, we are more foragers and wild-harvesters than gardeners. We withdrew to leave it for the true gardeners among our neighbors.

I luv getting immersed in a pile of books, too. One of life's freest thrills.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu May 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Commjunity plots are so cool!
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Success Stories