Found HOME at last

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby Jacque » Mon Jun 19, 2000 8:41 am

If my friend's experience in Livermore, CA is any guide, it'll more likely be tarantulas in the bed. (Grin, duck & run)
Jacque
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby DebraG » Mon Jun 19, 2000 8:48 am

Violin, big congrats on your move. I visited Prescott a couple centuries ago and I loved the quaintness of the village... the town square wow'd me. I liked Prescott so much better than Phoenix (it's too sprawling for me) and you still are close enough that you can get there if you want/need to. There is so much to see in Arizona and the surrounding states; adventure away and let us know what you find and do! Debra
DebraG
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Meerschaum » Mon Jun 19, 2000 6:05 pm

It is great that your friend is going to help you. That is a good solution, although not cheap. (Well, it is just one trip, isn't it? Not like you are jetting around all over the country buying two seats!) When I last flew with a cat, I wore all black to go with my black, soft-sided, airline approved Sherpa Bag cat carrier, and I had extra black garb (sweater or jacket) for camouflage, so that I could keep the carrier in my lap and pet and talk to my cat as much as possible. I only got busted once, the attendant said I had to put the carrier under the seat for the second take-off. I felt like such a secret agent. Another technique I've used is to take my shoe off and put my foot in the carrier, so that I could pet her with my foot while she's stuffed under the seat, wondering what the hell is going on. When are you going? I'll look forward to your travelling cat tales. ------------------ ~ * ~
Meerschaum
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Simran » Thu Jun 22, 2000 9:30 am

Violin: Let me add my (new) voice to the chorus of congradulations. And, opportunist that I am, since I'm considering Prescott as an option, could you please tell me what the range is on 1 and 2 bedroom rentals? Thanks! I'm a writer and I might end up being your neighbor, you never know in these great circles of connectedness. -Simran
Simran
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Violin » Fri Jun 23, 2000 12:36 am

Meerschaum - I'm not familiar with a Sherpa carrier, although one airline mentioned one as acceptable. Could be perfect if I can pet/hold the kits! I'm beginning to think those hours in the air will be the easy part of it all. Thanks for the info, it helps a lot. Simram - I found the ad for my place in the Daily Courier, purchased at Safeway down there. You can view their ads at http://www.adamerica.com/branded.cfm?papername=Daily%20Courier I searched in person for one afternoon via a realtor, a property management company (whose properties were junk, imho) and finally the AZ newspapers. Hence I'm no expert on prices, but prices I saw for various apt./houses were generally from $450 mo. - 1300. For what I'm used to, this felt almost free. Other good links for "Preskitt" Prescott Newspapers Online http://www.prescottaz.com/prescottaz/myheadline.asp?S=356&P=164317&PubID=3102 Moving to Prescott http://www.movingtoprescott.com/
Violin
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories