My Film is on the Web

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

My Film is on the Web

Postby abschwar » Sat Jun 10, 2000 10:45 am

<FONT FACE="COMIC SANS MS" COLOR=RED><big>My short comedy, <A HREF= "http://www.ifilm.com/films.taf?film_id=128526">Hank's Big Vacation,</A> is now streaming on the Web! I'm not getting any renumeration for it, and there are certainly more elaborate productions on the same site, but seeing my film up there is a confirmation that I am a filmmaker, and that's very nice indeed. Adam ------------------
abschwar
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Transitionalgirl » Sat Jun 10, 2000 3:53 pm

Adam: The only audio player I have is Real Player, but when I clicked it, it told me I can't use that. Is there something I can download that will allow me to play it? Congratulations by the way. I can't believe you were just talking about this a short time ago, and here it is. Good for you. Image ------------------ Julia
Transitionalgirl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby abschwar » Sun Jun 11, 2000 9:41 am

<FONT FACE="COMIC SANS MS" COLOR=RED><BIG>Julia, are you trying to watch the film on a Mac? I can never seem to stream films on ifilm on the university's Macs, so I use an NT (or PC, or whatever they're calling them these days). Also, see if your computer has all the qualifications, such as amount of disc space, that are listed on the RealAudio download site. If nothing works get back to me and we'll find a technohead to help you. Thank you for your sweet words of praise! <I>Adam ------------------
abschwar
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby gail » Sun Jun 11, 2000 12:35 pm

Adam, Jeez, from your post May 28 about the opportunity to produce a video, to now, a few weeks later, DONE and on the web. Ok, you're giving me a feeling of excitement that it really can be done. Just start doing it. No looking back, just forward. GOOD, GREAT, EXCELLENT JOB. Now off to see your video. gail
gail
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby abschwar » Sun Jun 11, 2000 1:30 pm

<FONT FACE="CENTURY SCHOOLBOOK" COLOR=GREEN><BIG>Whoa, there! I was talking about two different videos. The "opportunity" referred to one I'm just in the early stages of doing. The one on the Web I produced back in May. Hey, I'm only human--like everyone else. <FONT FACE="COMIC SANS MS" COLOR=RED><big><i>Adam ("Late Bloomer")Schwartz ------------------
abschwar
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Transitionalgirl » Sun Jun 11, 2000 7:28 pm

No, I don't have a Mac, we're talking Pentium I with 366, not sure how much disc space, but I'll check on Real Player site. Haven't had time to do that this weekend, but I'll check it out tomorrow! Thanks. I'll get back to you. ------------------ Julia
Transitionalgirl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby abschwar » Wed Jun 14, 2000 3:01 pm

<font face="comic sans ms" color=green><big>Violin, you made my day! So glad to hear you enjoyed my film. <font color=red><i>Adam ------------------
abschwar
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Onepower » Wed Jun 14, 2000 4:00 pm

WWEELL DONE Adam!! The first time I have seen anything like this on the net. Thank you for having it so readily available with one click! I loved it. Really "down home" style. I too liked your choice of music. The characters were so genuine. Way to have your name in lights. I also rated it tops. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. ------------------ TTFN (Tah Tah For Now)
Onepower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby JC » Mon Jun 19, 2000 9:51 am

Delightful work. Congratulations. Of course you're a film maker, no doubt about it. Look forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work. As you do more of what you love, we all (the world) benefits!
JC
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby pindok » Fri Jun 23, 2000 10:59 pm

go, Adam! Image Image it's friday night and i didn't think i had the energy for a movie tonight. i live in seattle, and i loved the coffee scene! hank really is and underbaked cookie, isn't he. thanks so much for the pleasure, mr. filmaker! Image Lynn
pindok
New Poster
New Poster

Postby abschwar » Sat Jun 24, 2000 12:53 pm

<font face="comic sans ms" color=green><big>Wow--that's so great to hear. Thanks, Lynn!<font color=ivory> [This message has been edited by abschwar (edited June 24, 2000).]
abschwar
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby shelble » Mon Jul 17, 2000 6:37 pm

Adam, I'm a new member (older than you & still trying to find my real passion so I can make a midlife change) thus I am just catching up with members of this web site. I read your original letter & I congratulate you belatedly for such intimate sharing and, above all, for the wonderful accomplishments you have achieved so far. You could have caved in, but you kept trying to learn something new....good for you. I would love to see your video, but I am on Webtv and cannot do so. I live in Providence, R.I. where we have 2 film festivals. I know a professor who teaches film here at RISD (RI School of Design.) Do you want me to get yu his phone number and /or email address? ------------------ shelley
shelble
New Poster
New Poster

Postby abschwar » Tue Jul 18, 2000 8:46 am

<font color=purple face="TREBUCHET MS"><BIG>Shelly, Thanks for the lovely comments! Sure, I'll take the instructor's contact information. Thank you for asking. <FONT COLOR=RED FACE="COMIC SANS MS"><I>Adam Late Bloomer ------------------
abschwar
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby JanetLB » Tue Jul 18, 2000 12:31 pm

Greetings Adam! I am in a funk today and thought I'd check into the success forum for inspiration. THANK GOODNESS your film was there. Please don't be offended when I say it was "cute" and just what I needed to get a little smile on my face and in my heart. I hope there are new productions on the horizon. Again, Thank you very much! Janet
JanetLB
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby abschwar » Tue Jul 18, 2000 1:31 pm

<font face="trebuchet MS" color=green><big>Offended? I'm on Cloud Nine! Ah, I love compliments. Thanks! <center><font face="comic sans ms" color=red><I>Adam Late Bloomer ------------------
abschwar
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Next

Return to Success Stories