My sister's website

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

My sister's website

Postby JC » Wed Jul 19, 2000 12:07 pm

The Success Story I want to share is about my sister who was always artistic but did not 'draw for a living' - until after she worked for years as an economist for the Ontario government in Canada. Even as a child, she made sketches and cartoons that were absolutely wonderful. Once she made the decision to be an artist, full time, full stop. She did it all from painting to nailing the frames to putting on one-woman shows in Toronto to knocking on doors of galleries in Toronto, NY and The Netherlands (where she lives). Right now she's updating her website: Changart.com. I am so proud of her for pursuing her dreams and never give up. I love for you to check out her page and give her some support. You are all so wonderful and generous I thank you in advance. It can be a tad lonesome in Netherlands sometimes and she is not as shameless as me in asking for help. Image
JC
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Jul 20, 2000 1:38 am

Heading right over....
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Jacque » Thu Jul 27, 2000 10:47 am

Huh, interesting. Strangely similar to the style seen by some of the Native American artists around here. I like it. She should do a Tarot deck.
Jacque
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby dharma blue » Fri Jul 28, 2000 9:01 am

Just checked out the site - your sister's work is wonderful! I don't have the critical background to say anything useful besides "I like it", but I did. I liked reading about her thoughts/explanations of her own work as well. It's always interesting to know what an artist considers a particular piece of art to be "about", even if it does come down to the viewer/reader's response to the piece. Tell your sister congratulations on following her dream! best, dharma
dharma blue
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Success Stories