Goodbye, Washington State

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Goodbye, Washington State

Postby Violin » Sat Jul 22, 2000 12:56 am

I'm closing down the computer for the last time at my home near Seattle, Washington. The movers are coming in a matter of hours to pick up the remains of my possessions and take them to Arizona, where I'll meet up with them August first. It is wonderful to be so clear, so positive and excited about my decision. I've lived in the Northwest most of my life. I can't wait for all the new culture, people, places to walk and discoveries to make. I've been visiting old friends. I swung by Microsoft today and visited some of my old cronies. One guy said he's trying to keep his e-mail below 1500 messages a day; I just laughed at him. Another guy told me how he had to work all night and over the weekend last week to meet a ship date. I went by an office where two guys were designing a program on the white board, and wasn't the least bit interested in what it could be. No more for me, thank you! A rewarding thing happened. As I stood in the lobby waiting for one guy to come get me, another I know walked by. I said "Hi Jay." He didn't recognize me! It's my new sporty look (I used to look quite the nerd); my waist long hair is now only a few inches, and I've shaped up considerably. He couldn't get over it. Happiness works. I sat on the deck at a good friend's house and we drank rasberry lemonade. She asked me what I want to accomplish in the next year. She was surprised at how easily I rattled of a long list of aggressive, diverse projects and goals. Wow, it's great to know "I can do anything when I know what it is." Thanks for all your input. Some of the boyfriend jewelry went to a wonderful charity auction; it was perfect! Other items I gave to friends who were very happy to receive them; everything seemed to find it's way to a perfect new home. See you in Arizona. p.s. My kitty just came by to rub my leg and meow a "hello" to you all.
Violin
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Transitionalgirl » Sat Jul 22, 2000 4:22 am

Violin: You give us all something to strive for - the kind of happiness that comes from following through on our dreams with action and then MORE dreams and MORE action. I wish you all the best in your new home and hope you'll continue to give us updates on your progress. Hugs and continued happiness to you! Julia ------------------ Julia
Transitionalgirl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Arsinoe » Sat Jul 22, 2000 12:19 pm

Best wishes for your move. We are all looking forward to the news of your fresh start in Arizona! I enjoyed reading about the change in your physical self. There is something to that, I think, though I've never had the courage to make those sort of changes. Odd, though, since a haircut or change of clothes isn't all that radical.
Arsinoe
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Meerschaum » Sat Jul 22, 2000 6:13 pm

Thanks for including us in your 'Bon Voyage', as it were. Here's us, cracking a bottle of champagne over your head! Shutting down the computer for the last time..whoa! So you won't check in until sometime... later? What particularly resonates for me in your post is: 'She asked me what I want to accomplish in the next year. She was surprised at how easily I rattled of a long list of aggressive, diverse projects and goals. Wow, it's great to know "I can do anything when I know what it is." ' Yes, it is great. It is GREAT!!! Hoorah! ------------------ ~ * ~
Meerschaum
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Sharon » Sun Jul 23, 2000 5:51 am

Hooray, Violin!!! I feel excited for you!
Sharon
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Thayer » Mon Jul 24, 2000 9:09 am

You are a fabulous inspiration! Wonderful things are undoubtedly ahead for you since you've opened up your arms to greet them! Image
Thayer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby starbafish » Tue Jul 25, 2000 1:48 pm

This is veeeery cool. Thanks for sharing and good luck!
starbafish
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Violin » Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:42 pm

Thank you everyone. It's a joy to log in at the library (still in Wash.) and see these good wishes. The movers came, and shortly after they left with what was left of my possessions, I sold my car. As the new owners were driving it away, a friend who has never just stopped by, did. "Thought I'd see how it's going." Since I was carless she called around for me and located rental wheels for me, then delivered me to the place. So here I was with all this cash in my bra, too funny! I tried to buy a money order at Fred Meyer, but they said I had to fill out a money laundering form for the governent. I thought that a farce, so hid it over the weekend at a cop friend's house. See ya. A week to go. Can't wait.
Violin
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby JC » Thu Jul 27, 2000 12:17 pm

Moving on ... Yeah! Yippee! Sob! Just something to pass along from my Space Clearing class. The instructor told a funny story of how her husband (he's from Bali) after walking out of a hotel went running back to the bedroom and threw himself on the bed and then he felt he's taken proper leave of the place he slept. He said, "Oh I have to pick up all bits of me to go back home." We can merely touch the bed and bring our palm to our hearts to signify both goodbye and bringing 'all bits of us' along to the next stop along the journey. Bon voyage and happy 'homing'. How delicious!
JC
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Onepower » Sun Jul 30, 2000 10:53 am

Yes Violin!! Thank you for sharing your insights and the experiences of your "change". New state, new city, new home, new friends, and even a new appearance -- but the same wonderful heart, only grown larger to accommodate all your beauty. Wishing you HUGE success in your chosen place and Please keep us in touch. Blessings and a safe and joyous journey.
Onepower
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Success Stories