Deaf Frog

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Deaf Frog

Postby JC » Tue Jul 25, 2000 1:22 pm

Not quite a Success, but I don't know where else to post this. I like this story and thought it amusing as one way of "getting" support...as we strive to live our dreams. Deaf Frog A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit. All the other frogs gathered around the pit. When they saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead. The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump out of the pit with all their might. The other frogs keep telling them they were as good as dead. Finally one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died. The other frog kept jumping as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the other frogs said, "Didn't you hear us?" The frog explained to them he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time. Take whatever you like from the story (or not). For me, it really is to use EVERYTHING to move me forward, upward, to live my dreams, even if I mishear the words to stop as sounds of encouragement to keep going.... Image [This message has been edited by JC (edited July 25, 2000).]
JC
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby chelsie » Tue Jul 25, 2000 1:28 pm

I like that story.
chelsie
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Renee » Tue Jul 25, 2000 4:49 pm

Me too.
Renee
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Marlowe » Thu Jul 27, 2000 1:01 pm

Great, finally, an excuse for continuing to misunderstand everyone and everything. Good story.
Marlowe
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby JC » Mon Jul 31, 2000 8:39 am

Glad you liked the story. It's all a matter of perception, isn't it? Image
JC
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Success Stories