Step-By-Step: May 2004

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Step-By-Step: May 2004

Postby Rosebud » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:36 am

Welcome to Step-by-Step! This is the thread for you if you already know what you want to accomplish and have broken it down into baby steps. Barbara explains how to do this in her book, Wishcraft (available online at www.wishcraft.com ) The lowdown: **State a major goal/dream. **List a couple or few little steps that will move you forward to reaching that goal. **Comeback back in a week or so and tell us how you did. All great things happen by daring to begin. Tam ------------------ Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you're doing the impossible--St. Francis of Assisi
Rosebud
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby dream1 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:11 pm

Hi Everyone, Yippee, yahooeee! I did it! I aced my Toastmasters Icebreaker. Not only did I fly through it without a shudder of nerves, I had a blast doing the presentation. It was over before I even got started. I'm ready to do workshops. In all honesty, I give the credit to Mary Workman of Silverleaf Systems. She is WPM212 here on the board. Her public speaking course is phenomenal. Which leads me to my goals: get ready for the workshop on Thursday in Madison, WI (How to Design and Create A Workshop) begin to outline ideas for parent coaching webcasts work on concept for website call tenants and recommend Shirley for LTC workout 2x this week Take care everyone, Andrea
dream1
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat May 01, 2004 2:01 pm

In the past week I've completed some steps: 1. Interviewed with community college. They have hired me to teach improv in the fall ($35 an hour) and two computer classes. 2. Sent out six proposals to singles organizations to teach improv. 3. Reduced clutter in my storage room.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Blocked » Sat May 01, 2004 10:11 pm

Andrea - Good job with Toastmasters! Well done! Good luck with your workshop on Thursday and your other tasks. Tituba - Congratulations on your new job at the community college! Also, good job for sending out the proposals and cleaning out the clutter. Keep up the good work!
Blocked
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby GiniDee » Mon May 03, 2004 12:00 am

Wow - you are all rocking! Congratulations Andrea and Tituba! I however, have woken up a stranger in my own life. My biggest goal for this week is to figure out what the heck is going on so I can get past it. Must finish signing everyone up for the Licensing Show today. And I now have three wonderful graceful jellyfish printed on fabric ready for beading down and embellishing, so I can finish my fantastic seascape. If I can remember my name until Tuesday, maybe my therapist can help me decide whether it's time to go back on anti-depressants. Good lcuk to everyone - GiniDee Image
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby StacyL » Mon May 03, 2004 8:11 am

Hi everyone! I've been working away at the craft show prep. Things are going pretty well there, but I gave up on getting a fourth new note card design done in time. I should be able to finish everything else though. And today I took a very scary step and called a local gift shop owner to show him my stuff. I have an appointment for next Monday. Image See my Holy Cr*p thread here for more details. It seems like Spring has everyone blazing a trail. I am amazed at what is getting done. I'm sending positive energy out to everyone!!
StacyL
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Frenchmom » Thu May 06, 2004 2:01 pm

Hi everyone ! Indeed, Stacy, spring is a very good time to feel energetic ! I'm living about the same as you : this morning the hairsalon called to tell me I had sold a watercolor and could I please provide them with a new one ! The trouble is, I didn't -could'nt paint anything right in April... So, I spent this afternoon working on a small lilies watercolor. And the hairdresser -let's call her hélène, she's so sweet !- also told me I was in the local newspaper ! A very kind article about what my background is, what I paint and who I am. I had talked to this lady but was'nt sure the article would be published. I was also organising a small art show in my village and we had it last sunday. Only one painting sold (not one of mine), but the people here are not the artbuyer's type. We think it was a succes though, because every visitor was so satisfied, not used to such a thing and very happy with it. I decided I could have a try at selling small matted but unframed watercolors in informal places and I still have to think about it. I also decided I woud'nt be in the artshow I was interested in in July for different reasons. First, I won't be there for the opening, second, it's very expensive and third sales were very low last year. So I will keep my energy to get ready for the one in december. And my money to buy some more art supplies ! I feel wonderful tonight, and it's really funny, because I was a bit depressed on wednesday night... tomorrow's another day ! Sunshine2, it's soooo difficult to work at home for me ! Unlike us, most working mothers don't have the dirty dishes in sight when working Image Stacy, congratulation for your upcoming opportunity. I will come back soon to post my May goals (hopefully not in the second part of the month, but I'm so excited, I have to cool down a bit and think a bit more...)
Frenchmom
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby GiniDee » Fri May 07, 2004 8:46 pm

My only goal for the month is to get over whatever is dragging me down. I have no real reason to be unhappy, which means brain chemistry is out of whack. My son got his lease renewal - YAY! I got more cookies - YAY! I've been writing every day, but not doing a thing with my art (sigh). Congrats, Stacy and Frenchmom (good to see you always!). YAY for YOU - every step counts! I'm just stepping backwards right now. Image
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Frenchmom » Sat May 08, 2004 11:31 pm

I thought a bit and here are my goals for may : - Frame my yellow lilies - update my pricelist - put a hanging system at the back of my Teddy bear - Bring the above threee items to the hairsalon on tuesday 8:30 am - paint 4 small size watercolors - copy the article about my show and stick it in my guestbook - make a links section and update new paintings and sold item(s) on my web site I also have to paint the shutters and balcony in my house and to settle a separation system between lawn and alleys. Irrelevant here, except to explain why my goal is "only" 4 more watercolors. It will be a hectic month, really, but all the more interesting and challenging because what I have to do is crystal clear. GiniDee, stop talking about steps back. What I would do is : - browse back the jan, feb an march threads and note all you have accomplished already - Imagine you're very close to a fence you have to jump over. You won't be abble to do so unless you step a few feet away to take some impetus ! So sometimes, beeing stuck or feeling like you're stepping back is just a very transitionary situation on your way ahead !
Frenchmom
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Rosebud » Sun May 09, 2004 9:27 am

You guys are doing just fantastic!!! I'm having some challenges as well and will post later. ------------------ Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you're doing the impossible--St. Francis of Assisi
Rosebud
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby GiniDee » Mon May 10, 2004 2:36 am

Thanks, frenchmom and rosebud Actually, I was in the process of getting VERY ill, and didn't spot it soon enough to nip it in the bud. Have been down this last two days. My peristaltic system stopped dead, and my body has been poisoning itself. Last time this happened I was in hospital for two weeks with more tubes in my poor body than a chem lab. This time I'm using Reiki and naturopathic solutions, which are slow but working. I should be up and about by Tuesday, and will post some goals then. Just wanted to check in briefly and see how everyone is doing when I had less pain than usual. But it's coming back, so I'm off. You all rock! Keep up the good work! Many hugs from the tidepool - Gini Image
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby StacyL » Tue May 11, 2004 4:25 pm

I'm still working on finishing up stuff for the craft show. I will have to set some painting goals once it is over. Frenchmom, I am so impressed with all that you are doing. And congrats on selling one of your watercolors and on being in the paper! WOW! I hope you took some time to celebrate these accomplishments. Gini- I hope you are feeling better. I am a bit worried about you and am impatiently awaiting the news that you are on the mend. Please take care of yourself. And cut yourself a break, even superstars need a day of rest. Image By the way, I loved Frenchmom's analogy of jumping over the fence. She is right on the mark with that!
StacyL
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby MoonGlitter » Wed May 12, 2004 8:01 am

My goal for May - To get some of my images printed up properly - either on watercolour paper or canvas. Small steps to this.. Go and discuss this with a couple of printers. Bite the bullet and choose a few images to do a test run with. ------------------ http://sweetiejar.my-expressions.com
MoonGlitter
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby dream1 » Wed May 12, 2004 6:27 pm

Hi Everyone, Sorry to have been so distant. I was enormously disappointed since my workshop was cancelled. I did not find out about the cancellation until I was actually in Michigan. Can you imagine that they called and left a message on my office machine at 2:30 in the afternoon. I was pissed! Anyway, it is good to be back. GiniDee: I hope that you are on the mend. I'm sending you healing energy, hugs and friendly psychic cookies. Blocked: Thank you for the support on the Toastmasters success. I appreciate that enormously. Tituba: Thank you for giving me the information for the Storytelling Network. It is definitely my next challenge. I spent nearly a day going over the stories and the people on the network. I have contacted Laura Simms. She is a New York Storyteller. I would like to learn some of her methods for dealing with crisis issues in children. Storytelling is the best way to reach out to people and help to heal them. StacyL: That gift shop owner is the lucky one. That is the way that you should look at this. No fear, you'll be great. Frenchmom: Congratulations on your successes. How does it feel to be doing what you most love? I remember back a couple of months ago when you were ruminating and feeling like you would never get to this point. You have come so far! Awesome! Keep up the great work! Okay, goals, goals write and outline speech for Monday's presentation Meet with my NLP Coach, Kevin on Wednesday workout 2 x this week outline ideas for tomorrow's parenting workshop NLP Seminar this weekend in Manhattan relax, if at all possible get ready for presentation for Mary Workman's public speaking workshop on Monday Celebrate success! That's all for now, Andrea [This message has been edited by dream1 (edited May 12, 2004).]
dream1
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby GiniDee » Tue May 18, 2004 12:42 am

Hi everyone! I'm almost back to normal. Slept 12 hours today, which indicates I am healing. I have goals again! Wowee! Yowee! :D Goals: Finish the string tentacles on the last 2 jellyfish for the seascape Stuff all three jellyfish bodies with batting ASSEMBLE THE SEASCAPE AND FINISH IT AT LAST! :D Those three will take me until Friday. I'm moving VERY slowly. In addition: Do one thing every day for the Hermit Crab projects. Write one page per day of my humorous essays - or 10 epigrams. soni Wednesday PM - coaching session Select digital photos to put in Licensing Show package. That's it for now. Can't go overboard and strain the system again. Love to all of you. Andrea, so sorry to hear about the workshop- that was VERY unprofessional of them not to give you advance notice. Are they reimbursing your plane tickets and hotel deposit? They should be! :evil: Keep up the great work everyone! Rosebud, hope all works out well for you. Frenchmom, thanks again for the analogy. Stacy, hope the show is a winner for you! All the best, with many hugs
GiniDee :mrgreen: My idea of a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. :mrgreen: GiniDee :mrgreen:
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Success Stories