What the "Bleep" Do We Know

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby Elizabeth Bits » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:49 pm

Entertaining is GOOD! And I'm glad you took it in the spirit intended. I was going for fun. Thanks for indulging us all in a lively debate. :D Off to do some science experiments with the kids (I swear, that's what we're doing today)!
Elizabeth Bits
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:18 pm

Cool, have fun!
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby ajpor » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:59 am

Scenario Thinker wrote:
ajpor wrote:Did you intend all that to sound as judgmental and dismissive as it did? I'd have appreciated your post a lot more without the arrogance of phrases such as 'get real' or 'ridiculous' or 'wasting their time' or 'drivel.' One person's truth may be another's mumbo jumbo, but that goes both ways, doesn't it!
First of all, I wasn't slamming anyone for liking the movie, and especially anyone here. But, why should you care what my opinions are, or what words I use? Plus, I was trying to sound like a movie critic :) . I'll probably strike that one off my list of possibilities.
Relax, ST. I never suggested you slammed anyone, and you are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. However, phrases such as the ones I mentioned, directed toward something that other posters found highly meaningful, do sound judgmental and dismissive. If I characterize something another person values as 'ridiculous' or 'drivel,' that seems to me to be highly disrespectful. I may believe that it is ridiculous, but that's just my opinion. Why would I want to express it in what could be a hurtful manner? I posted b/c I don't recognize this as your usual style, hence the question, but your subsequent posts answered it. cheers, jean
ajpor
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:08 am

Joe Dispenza (appeared on tape) is having a three day workshop at Kripalu - November 11-13 http://www.kripalu.org
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Awwwwww

Postby Lost1 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:21 am

I'd sell my immortal soul to be able to go to Kripalu (just to be in Lenox, MA again...sigh). :roll: :cry:
Motivated, but running out of steam (& inspiration). :?
Lost1
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:40 am

Lost1 - no need for something that drastic. All you need to do is focus on saving the money necessary for a plane ticket. Then get a job at Kripalu itself.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Wow!!!

Postby webbdee » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:11 pm

Can not believe that I missed this post. I watched the movie 7 times in the theater and got it as a present. Has anyone seen any changes in their lives since seeing it. I started a notebook that is like the one scientist said a couple of times, "if there is a spiritual aspect of myself, let me be amazed by the way my day shows me I am creating my day" of something similar. It was great! Dee
We come here to learn what we must teach. "In times of change, the learners will inherit the Earth while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer
webbdee
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby MDG » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:42 am

Excellent question, Webbdee! I just read this thread for the first time last night, and I'm wondering if the movie and the research led to understanding and improvements. Oddly, my experience did. But, not in the way some would expect. I didn't see the movie...only the webpage. And I know nothing about quantum anything. But I did see Dr. Emoto's original website...before it was changed to 'Hado'. (Mentioned on a 'health' site.) That was an Aha! moment, I must say. Since then, I've been seeing how simple ideas, efforts, and attitude improvements bring hope. I feel fine, despite a couple of (healed) injuries last year, and I get interesting insights every day. I feel much more 'in charge' of my life. "...if there is a spiritual aspect of myself, let me be amazed by the way my day shows me I am creating my day"... Did it help, Dee? You say it was great. Did you journal the improvements? Do tell! Mahara
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Changes!

Postby webbdee » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:49 am

:lol: The movie did create hope! Aha! moments indeed! I have a journal with my \"Meaningful Coincidences\". I am struggling with employment and NO there has not been a miracle in that area. :( I am working on my health with homeopathic remedies so there are reasons for my progress being slow. I feel like I am in a holding pattern. Is the lesson patience? It feels like God's timing sucks, even if I know there are divine reasons I do not understand. I still look for blessings and they were coming nicely until I had to change jobs because of a contract dispute. A very corrupt manager has had too much of my attention because I have tried to right the situation or leave. It is not going well again! I have had a reason to get my journal out again one time lately and I am trying to go back to my old job. I do not see the message of the movie as a \"Pollyanna positive thinking\" thing, but I am struggling with believing for the best in this economy. It has slowed down taking the steps I believe are important to get to my goals. Dee
We come here to learn what we must teach. "In times of change, the learners will inherit the Earth while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer
webbdee
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions