For Everyone - List your 2007 Success

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

For Everyone - List your 2007 Success

Post by Tituba »

List your 2007 achievements! I find it helpful to list those things that were accomplished before making my New Year Resolution list in a month. That list is always one that needs improvement. This list is to remind us what we accomplished: For the 2006 success list: http://www.barbarasher.com/boards/viewt ... light=2006
Last edited by Tituba on Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by Unity »

1. Discovered that it is possible to let go of lots of activities, even positive ones if they are no longer what you want to do - still working on that one 2. Kitchen ceiling -new 3.Whenever the to-do list seems impossible and there is huge procrastination on current jobs - they ALWAYS GET DONE before anything drastic happens. 4. Can deal with all sorts of emergencies, everything always works out 5. Found the 'impossible to find' practical nursing/caring course to attend that was free and gave free food and samples all in walking distance and fitted in time-wise. 6. Trying to accept certain things about myself much more easily. 7. Got hair cut in a salon (after cutting lt myself all year) 8. Joined some forums I enjoy. Stopped others. Started interactive fictional writing thread and participate most days. Enjoy writing jokes and captions. 9. Got an old film processed that had been forgotten - some surprises. 10. Started trying to find photos of places in London to put together a visual memory trail. 11. Started scrapbooking. Also transferred some old albums to new. 12. Lots of form filling/meetings/phone calls re P's transition/finances. 13. Got very motivated by freerunning. 14. Signed up for health newsletter Chet Day. 15. Had a spell with miniatures again. Bought and made. 16. Made (and still making) ornaments for this Christmas. 17. Made a frame for a picture I finished - hung it up. 18. Hung up some more pictures. 19. Made quite a lot of items for charity - posted them. 20. Used the powerstretcher a lot, daily walks 21. Tried some polish recipes 22. Got some lovely plants and they are still flowering after months 23. Managing stress-free (ish) whilst the house has been in upheaval. When I started this post I wrote - can't remember much. Now i've had to delete that :D Looking forwards to reading your lists.

sceptique
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post by sceptique »

1. Left my full-time consulting job. 2. Worked 6 months as an ice rink manager (one of my "fantasy jobs"). 3. Started giving private ice skating lessons. 4. Got my first student into a figure skating competition. (She placed 6th - a very good result for a débutante.) 5. Got my sit spin to test standard and landed all singles apart from single axel. 6. This season I didn't finish last in the competitions, like I did last year. Moved two places up in British Adult Championships. 7. Did a project with London 2012 Olympics Committee. 8. Competed "Introductory Japanese" online and moved on to "Beginner 1" lessons. 9. Got a few press releases published in iSkate magazine and local press. 10. Started a new business: online professional development seminars for ice sports coaches.
“My reputation grows with every failure.” George Bernard Shaw

Alexia
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alexia »

I'm currently celebrating the completion of my eighth year of itinerant living, and can say it's getting better all the time ! Successes during the year were: 1. Three articles accepted by an airline magazine 2. I was invited to preach again in St. Paul's Cathedral, Nicosia, Cyprus -- a great experience. (I am not licensed to preach in an Anglican Church, so this was quite a rare situation.) 3. Two new places visited during the summer: Liepaja in Latvia, Telsiai in Lithuania. 4. I gave a display of embroidered Christmas cards with accompanying talk in Warsaw, Poland. This was in fulfilment of Barbara's Jolly 2007 Challenge. The progress (and otherwise) of this project can be seen in my blog, http://embroideredchristmascards.wordpress.com 5. I started Google Notebooks to accommodate the chaotic mess of notes I have accumulated in my research projects. Many smaller successes off and on, which I hope will add up to bigger things next year ! Alexia.

kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by kashtanka »

My proudest moment: When my sister said to me "You are the gentlest person I've ever met." Many things to be proud of in 2007, but the ones that really stick out: Still holding my husband's hand across the table because we're really excited about one another Incredible bonding with some family members and friends Tutored 2 English Students Volunteer Work for a dancing organization. Graduatng from the Institute of Children's Literature Having 5 articles and one children's story published Becoming a reporter for the American Sewing Guild Newsletter.

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by Tituba »

1. Celebrated being self-employed now five years. 2. Ending 2007 with a 35% increase in revenue over last year 3. Got rid of alot of clutter 4. Managed to keep my cat's hyperthyrodism under control 5. Got a new (used) car - may my old car RIP at 268k 6. Performed improv several times 7. Was asked to be a improv presenter at 2008 storytelling conference 8. Won 2nd place in baking contest 9. Stayed relatively healthy (I'll add more when I think about it more)

Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by Scenario Thinker »

1. Began learning a new language (French). 2. Went to Europe for the first time in my life (Paris/France). 3. Learned some more French. 4. Got another really good review at work. Another good year of process improvements in my job. 5. Initiated getting my finances under control and starting to save for the future. 6. Paid off my car. Planning to save for my next one in several (hopefully) years. 7. Got second place (for males) in a wall-sit competition in our fitness center (4:30 minutes). Winner (man) did it in 4:45. A woman won overall in 4:46. Initially, I didn't think much of this competition, but I was surprised how proud I felt when I did it and discovered a talent I didn't know I had! :) Of course this guy did it for 4 hours and 40 minutes: http://www.recordholders.org/en/records/doyle.html Do I hear 11 hours and 5 minutes? http://archive.thisisbradford.co.uk/2005/6/2/89916.html :)
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>

twisterintexas
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by twisterintexas »

I had a good year, though I feel as if I'm still really slowly, slowly working towards my ultimate goals. Oh well, I've got some things accomplished, anyway: 1. I paid off my house!!!! 2. I paid off my student loan!!!!! 3. After I paid off all my debts, I quit my job!!!! 4. I'm teaching at college again!!! As an adjunct, which is okay by me. The less committments I have, the better. 5. I gave a class on ghost towns, and it was the funnest (I know that's not an actual word) thing I've ever, ever done. I also traveled extensively for this class, and I've never felt so alive. 6. I visited Philadelphia with my mom and sister; visited Disney World with my family; and took an Amtrak vacation. Not a bad year. I'm still working on my resolutions for 2008.

serialdreamer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by serialdreamer »

In the last 12 months I have... 1)Fallen in love and moved in with my boyfriend against, my families wishes but still am maintaining relationships with them. 2)Quit my full time job 3) Found a \"cure\" on my own for my endometriosis 4) Have replaced \"half\" my at work income with a work at home job that I adore. 5) Paid off almost half my personal debt 6) Bought a ticket for a month long vacation in Peru with my boyfriend in March 08. 7) Made some new friends 8) Got some bad haircuts and then finally a good one 9) Have done lots of writing and realised I love academic writing and am currently writing chapters for an ESL text book. 10) Have started honestly enjoying my life. Serial

Izbit
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Izbit »

What a great thread. Here's what I came up with -- if I think of more, I may come back and edit this: 1) Enjoyed my relationship with my children and watching them grow up. 2) Continued to build a loving relationship with my husband 3) Got our old home ready to sell and sold it. 4) Found, bought, and moved into our new home. 5) Made significant steps towards improving the livability of our new home (new windows! improved bathroom! selected a firm for kitchen redo) 6) Revised welfare implementation guide 7) Wrote and publicized job quality paper 8) Wrote and presented paper on work supports and conference 9) Co-authored chapter on welfare reform 10) Achieved a major goal of being invited to speak because of my expertise 11) Took intro kayaking class and signed up for rest of series. 12) Overcame my fear and (re)learned to drive stick shift 13) Grew tomatoes and prepped area for real garden for next year 14) Continued to blog 15) Lost 9 pounds (... and gained most of them back. But if I did it once, I can do it again). 16) Bought rowing machine and DDR to remove my excuses about exercising.

pattyn
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: For Everyone - List your 2007 Success

Post by pattyn »

Took 14" off my waist measurement.
- Patty Newbold
Director, Sher Success Teams
Marriage Education Author/Speaker - assumelove.com - enjoybeingmarried.com

thereshegoesagain
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post by thereshegoesagain »

Nice lists everyone! Twister, I found yours particularly inspiring. I wish I could have taken your ghost towns class! What an awesome idea. 2007 milestones and accomplishments -first glossy mag cover article (an adventure story about climbing Devil's Tower) -second glossy mag cover article (a super-fun-to-research investigative story about a nasty accident) -four total features in glossy mags -passed 50 published article mark -found apartment by the sea in CA -got Really Really Good Enough Job with insurance, salary, vacation -traveled to Sleeping Giant Provincial Park (out of country once) -moved to California -hit two-year mark with Love Of My Life -got (unofficially) engaged!! -paid off roughly $1000 in small debts -landed two paid blogging jobs$ -started small herb garden -bought Christmas presents for family, LOML -learned to cook killer vegetarian chili 2008 goals and milestones -buy a car -pass 75 published articles mark -pass 100 published articles mark -10 glossy magazine articles -plan wedding/honeymoon -get a raise at work -go to Brazilian Amazon in November (lifelong dream) -pay off SELF loan -save $5k+ towards land purchase -get AMGA Single Pitch Instructor (rock climbing) certification I think that's enough for goals. Maybe a book proposal will end up in that mix too; we'll see. Happy 2008 Sherboarders!
I learned what every dreaming child needs to know- that no horizon is so far you cannot get above it or beyond it... -Beryl Markham, West With the Night

katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by katchal »

Alas not much accomplished this year, but ... 1) Kept first baby alive, fed, changed, bathed, mostly healthy and pretty happy during his first year 2) Survived endless series of flu, colds, stomach viruses, pink eye, etc. from daycare germ onslaught (Luckily the boy got only a few of these; he mostly brought them home for mommy!) 3) Managed to not only keep job and return to work 8 weeks after c-section surgery, but actually do pretty good work that my boss is very happy with despite often feeling like a zombie due to sleepless nights and non-stop illness (see #1 & #2 above) Hopefully next year will be more productive, but baby #2 is on the way. So, mere survival might be a major accomplishment again next year.

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by Tituba »

Took 14" off my waist measurement.
Whoa pattyn! Do post a separate thread in Success telling us how you did this! :D

Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re:

Post by Scenario Thinker »

Scenario Thinker wrote:1. Began learning a new language (French). 2. Went to Europe for the first time in my life (Paris/France). 3. Learned some more French. 4. Got another really good review at work. Another good year of process improvements in my job. 5. Initiated getting my finances under control and starting to save for the future. 6. Paid off my car. Planning to save for my next one in several (hopefully) years. 7. Got second place (for males) in a wall-sit competition in our fitness center (4:30 minutes).
All you clutter-conscious people would be proud! Since the year isn't over yet ... 8. I'm currently ... TODAY ... cleaning out the two small extra bedrooms which I use as my "attic". After going through the nightmare of cleaning out my parents house when they moved this summer (which could be another accomplishment I suppose), it's the house I grew up in since 5 years old, I'm trying to go at it with the mindset I did with them ... "throw it out, you don't need it!" :)
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>