Another Person Signed Up for Our Retreat!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

jaybezo
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Another Person Signed Up for Our Retreat!

Post by jaybezo »

Hi all, I feel like Mickey Rooney in an old film where he was standing in front of a barn and said, "I know! Let's put on a show!" Two months ago a group of us were in Venice Beach, studying with Barbara Sher. Some crazy person (me) decided we should put on a retreat and have a bunch of us speak. I even had the gaul to ask Barbara Sher to join us. She surprised us all by saying yes. I'll never know why. This week something shifted. Maybe because of the election, maybe because we've all been working so hard to pull this together and make it the very best that we could. But suddenly there have been three times the hits on our retreat website, and people are actually signing up! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. There's still a ton of work to be done, but suddenly it doesn't feel like work anymore. Maybe this is how Mickey Rooney felt. Thanks so much for all of your help, and your support. Jennifer www.NoTimeForMe.net
@jaybezo on Twitter

skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Another Person Signed Up for Our Retreat!

Post by skannie »

That's great! 8) :D 8) :D Best of luck with it!!
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Scanner Tribe Group on Facebook
Scanner Tribe group on LinkedIn
Twitter - @scannertribe

Mannix
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post by Mannix »

What a great idea, and how wonderful to have Barbara involved. Savor your success and enjoy your labor of love! -- Mannix

Beth L
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post by Beth L »

Jennifer, Kudos to you and your group on taking the plunge to plan a retreat like this. Great that Barbara will be speaking and it sounds like you have a nice lineup of speakers and activities. Too often we don't take time for ourselves, so hopefully your vision will be embraced by many people. Beth
Beth LaMie Personal Historian, Author and Speaker Author of Granny's Guide to Fun & Fabulous Family Stories website: www.bethlamie.com Blog: http://onestoryatatime.blogspot.com/ Twitter: www.twitter.com/bethlamie

jaybezo
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post by jaybezo »

Mannix and Beth, Thanks for your kind words and support. What are you guys up to these days? Jennifer
@jaybezo on Twitter

Beth L
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Post by Beth L »

Jennifer, In response to your question, I am working on a book for kids that will help them write their own family stories, both by recalling their own experiences and by interviewing their elders. It is called "Granny's Guide to Fun & Fabulous Family Stories for Kids from 8 to 98." I have a FREE Sneak Peek available on my website. I'm also working on a couple of eBooks to offer on my website, so it has gotten pretty hectic lately, which is a wonderful place to be.
Beth LaMie Personal Historian, Author and Speaker Author of Granny's Guide to Fun & Fabulous Family Stories website: www.bethlamie.com Blog: http://onestoryatatime.blogspot.com/ Twitter: www.twitter.com/bethlamie