Carry modern art of Nepal into the world!

A place to share stories about good guys and to get ideas and information about being one yourself.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Carry modern art of Nepal into the world!

Postby Beata » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:44 am

I am Beata, brand-new group facilitator in Holland, and just finished my certification run. I of course came up with new dreams, especially because I kind of have a new life after a bout with (breast)cancer, but I also have an old dream from before the illness: to help struggling young artists of Nepal to become a little bit more known in the rest of the world. It's a project that's not quite as earth-shaking as Barbara's activities in Turkey, but just the increased attention outside of Nepal is so thankfully appreciated by the young artists of a poor country which has just come out of a civil war and is undergoing great political changes... anyone interested should just look at what great things they do, stuck there in the former Himalayan kingdom, not able to travel the world because their economy just doesn't allow it (http://www.chautara.nl/artists.html)
Beata
New User
New User

Re: Carry modern art of Nepal into the world!

Postby funnyvalentine » Wed May 06, 2009 4:28 am

I am an artist living and working in Sweden, and I am interested in showcasing some Nepali artists at a show I am giving here in August (nothing so fancy, just at the local café...I live in a tiny town). ALSO...I would like to start a website similar to the one that you have for Nepali artists, but for some artists I know in Pakistan. Do you know how I should get started with that? You can email me at funnyvalentine1983@hotmail.com Thank you in advance!! -Jessica
funnyvalentine
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Carry modern art of Nepal into the world!

Postby lunasol » Mon May 25, 2009 4:37 pm

This is a wonderful idea. I spent 2 months in Nepal a few years ago and fell in love. I also thought the street musicians in Kathmandu were amazing.
lunasol
New User
New User

Return to Doing Good in the World