I PAID OFF THE STUDENT LOAN = I am FREE of DEBT !!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: I PAID OFF THE STUDENT LOAN = I am FREE of DEBT !!

Postby velvet » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:00 pm

returning to the money discussion... I saw an ad for a new cable tv deal, $30 a month for 12 months. It's a pretty good deal, and occasionally I get cable tv and enjoy it. Here's how I looked at the deal. First of all, I know with taxes and other fees, this would be more like $40 a month. I did the math for a year - 40x12= $480. (I often do the math for a whole year when I consider an expense, like a cell phone, coffee at a cafe once a week for a year, etc, to give me a clear perspective on how much I'm spending). $480... do I want $480 worth of cable tv or do I want something else more? I tend to prefer travel to a lot of things, and nearly $500 can pay for half a trip to the ocean for a week. Do I want to watch more tv? Do I like my cable-free life right now or do I really deeply want cable tv, 500 dollars worth? The choice was no. It could, of course, have been yes. But with school, a boyfriend, and work, I don't really have the time to watch cable tv, nor do I want to watch more tv. I've seen every episode on hgtv so that now when I get to watch it at someone's house, I've already seen that show. I like that my life is full and happy just as it is. I'd rather save the money and keep having fun. I might want cable tv later on, even $500's worth, but not right now. so that's one bill I dont have to pay, and that's money that can go for what I really want, like not having to work so many hours and instead spending the time doing yoga or relaxing so that I have less tension in my body. :)
I see that they are happy, not because they got luckier than all the rest of us when they found each other, but because they passionately desire and believe in their happiness.- Susan Page Destination, Determination, Deliberation! - Twycross, HP&TH-BP
velvet
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories