a few little successes

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

a few little successes

Postby mango » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:19 am

I've had a few little successes over the last year that I need to share with you. I'm trying to off-set the panic that I'm feeling about quitting my job on September 12th, and changing professions so that I can work from home. I want to live like a real scanner. So, it's a 'pat yourself on the back and sound like a completely self-absorbed individual' type of post. Forgive me. I need to do it. I recently realized that I just made my last mortgage payment! But not in the way that you think... My husband and I have been separated since last October, and he's moving back into the house on October 1st. I'm moving into an apartment. So, although it's not a mighty success of grand proportions, I managed to pay the mortgage all by myself for 12 months. My housing costs will drop by at least 50% on October 1st. I survived marital separation. I got us into a debt consolidation program for our joint credit card debts that's showing good progress. I made the necessary changes to my credit reports that got my FICO scores to their highest levels ever! I finally have good credit. I managed to pay all of the bills, and I paid in full for an online course for training in a new field. I never missed a therapy or psychiatrist appointment, while dealing with a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. I worked at a job that I hated for the entire year that I committed to when they hired me. I looked after all 5 of the pets, all by myself, and kept them all healthy and happy. I bought a smaller car that gets great gas mileage. It was my first purchase ever without a cosigner. I opened two online stores, and I found a sales niche. I think things are going well. It's a bit overwhelming to be a small business owner, and I'm having some small hiccups, but I will work my way through them, just like I did everything else. ((repeats to self over and over in a shaky voice)).
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: a few little successes

Postby Unity » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:47 pm

:D I'm sure you know what I think about all this progress Mango. Well done again. :D
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Thank you to my #1 supporter. :D

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby cosmogirl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:02 am

Hello mango! Thanks for sharing. It is so good to read about successstories, everyone can keep faith with their own way again (sorry about my english, may sound very german... :oops: ) And I guess once we become a wishcrafter, there will always be a moment where we stop having fear or wake up and just do the next step. Good luck with your next step cosmogirl
cosmogirl
New Poster
New Poster

Postby mango » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:31 am

Thank you, cosmogirl! And best of luck with your own next steps. :D

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby sallypz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:41 am

Mango...Kudos, Kudos, and many more kudos. Definately a success story...and no, you do not sound like a 'completely self absorbed' person. It's good to pat yourself on the back for your successes...and with the list you posted (& I'm sure there are many more great, successful things you did this year that you didn't mention) you deserve a nice warm, hearty pat on the back. Lots of success literature suggests keeping a list or journal of your successes for you to review periodically/daily/as needed...Literature suggests it's especially good to review your past successes in times of extra stress, or when you're feeling a little shaky or uncertain about future events. Much of the literature says that what you focus on 'grows' & suggests focusing on your successes/strong points to make more of them in the future. It is not self absorbed to want to support yourself in that way...in fact it is a perfectly healthy and wonderful thing to do. You did a lot of hard diligent work to accomplish those things...Huge Congratulations are in order. You're an inspiration!! sallypz (moxieMe)
sallypz
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby mango » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:37 pm

What a wonderful thing to say. Thank you, salliepz! :D

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby educguess » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:04 pm

Mango: Great job! You show courage, persistence, diligence, true to yourself!!! And even without that - you shook hands with resistance and took the steps you could take each day. Well Done!!
[color=#4000BF]"How To" LIfe Consultants, LLC " Personal Development for Mult-talented Individuals" http://www.HowToInLife.com [/color]
educguess
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Success Stories