Door are opening

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby Tituba » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:44 am

Can you tell us a little more about your improv/corporate training workshop. What do you teach? What's the theme or goal? Sounds so interesting...
Thanks for the interest. Improv teaches \"yes, and\" versus \"yes, but\" thinking. You develop presentation, cooperation, team building and listening skills. Using improvisation games, I engage non-performers into exploring new ways of thinking and reacting to others. I've only made baby steps in the arena of corporate training. Have a full plate right now and haven't made as much progress as I hoped. Maybe resistance, maybe self-sabotage.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:31 pm

Haven't posted to this thread in awhile because to be honest, I've been so busy fixing computers that I've done little in the direction of this dream. However, a few weeks ago the Storytellers group asked me to teach an improv workshop. A dozen people showed up plus some children (my favoritie students). Here is what the organizer had to say after the workshop:
The IMPROV Workshop held Saturday, February 3 in Beverly, MA was a great success. This workshop was lead by Kate. Kate lead us through Improv Games that pushed what I thought I could do. Kate was there to guide us down the mountain of unease to the valley of the real. Smiling all the way. She is a top notch Improv leader. We hope she will be able to present this workshop at Sharing the Fire 2008. Kate has put together an Improv group called Scared Scriptless. When you see that name run to get your seat.You'll laugh till it hurts. Grab your side, yell out some topics and enjoy some great on the spot mini stories of sorts. Seven of us went to lunch afterward. What a grand day. First a two hour workshop then a two hour lunch. Life is good. Having folks attend from outside our LANES community attend this workshop gave us the opportunity to tell about our fine New England Storytelling community, and invite folks to Sharing the Fire. LANES members across New England could host workshops that would benefit our members and our greater communities. You get to learn, hang out with your friends and meet new ones. It is a win/win situation for every one. Personally, I plan to host here in Beverly quarterly workshops for Storytellers and our Greater North Shore Community. I encourage you to do the same in your town.
So, who knows? I do know it was great fun teaching improv again.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby AVATC » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:43 pm

I guess that answers my question about the improv classes! Tituba, that is AWESOME feedback!! You should get permission to use that review as part of your testimonials on a web site (which I hope that you either have or are in the process of creating). I hope you are collecting and saving all of the glowing feedback that you are receiving as you teach these classes. I'm sure you know from your PC business how incredibly valuable testimonials are to your marketing effort. I see terrific things happening for you and your improv career in 2007!
Karen Commins
http://www.KarenCommins.com
My audiobooks on Audible.com: http://goo.gl/3A5Mu6
AVATC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Serial Diver » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:49 pm

I know that AVATC is correct that a testimonial like that is valuable for your business, but WOW! -- I'm thinking how valuable it must be for your ego! I'd carry that around in my pocket and read it about twenty times a day... I hope you're just glowing. Well done. SD
Serial Diver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Moonracer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:35 pm

Oh Tituba, that's fantastic! I'm so happy for you. And glad you got to get some improv time in even while your work schedule is so full. And maybe this was just the reminder you needed...
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tricky Grama » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:01 am

Congrats, Tituba!! I pride myself in having a sense of humor but you must be above & beyond!! Patty
The meaning of life is inherent in the connectons we make to others through honor and obligation.
Tricky Grama
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:05 am

Thanks all!
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby ubu » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:51 pm

Awesome awesome Tituba! Good job!!
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby celiaavery » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Congratulations, Tituba! As someone new to this stuff, it's great to hear about successes on this scale! -Celia
celiaavery
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Door are opening

Postby Tituba » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Today I was a presenter at the Storytellers Annual Conference in NH. It went well and I got alot of good feedback. Sherboarder Story Ming stopped by to say hello. Nice to meet you Story. Next month, I'll ge a presenter at the Unschoolers Conferenc.e
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Moonracer » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Good for you, Tituba. Glad to see you are still at it. Hope it was fun!
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Well....I took a deep breath, called a CEO that I know who attends the same networking group. He gave the green light to me giving his employees a free improv workshop in exchange for feedback (and, hopefully, testimonials). Sent in a proposal to do another workshop for the Storytellers Conference in March.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby educguess » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Congrats!!! Every step is so marvelous. Way to make great progress!!!
[color=#4000BF]"How To" LIfe Consultants, LLC " Personal Development for Mult-talented Individuals" http://www.HowToInLife.com [/color]
educguess
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby ubu » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:29 pm

Congrats Tituba! Way to go!
ubu
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:24 pm

Cool!!!