Finished the mission video for my new company!

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Finished the mission video for my new company!

Postby katchal » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:49 pm

My new company's first branding video is live! I'm really proud of it because I think it captures why I started the company and communicates our team's mission effectively. My budget was very, very small so I wrote it, selected the images, found the music and did the animation myself. (Hopefully when we grow, I'll be able to hire a video expert to do a better one.) Here it is: www.876squared.com Some people are going to hate it. Hopefully some will love it too. The ones who "get it" are our tribe (as Seth Godin would say) and we're building our products and services for them. We'll begin redesigning the rough version 1.0 website next week, but this simple one to share our mission is a nice start! Plus it looks like our first application will be ready to launch in beta in 3-4 weeks! Yippee!
katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Finished the mission video for my new company!

Postby mango » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:09 pm

It almost made me cry. I think that's a 'love it.' Well done, katchal.
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby katchal » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks, Mango! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby sallypz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. Then Loved it some more. Absolutely Beautiful. Sallypz (MoxieMe)
sallypz
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby AVATC » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:10 am

Greetings, Katchal! You should be very proud of your work on this beautiful and compelling video! It's especially interesting to me that I would see it today because I started planning a video for my voiceover business yesterday. A friend was talking to me about doing the voiceover for a branding video for her company, and she made the comment: I didn't realize how addicted I am to watching a video when I'm researching a company. I had been thinking for several months about including video on my web site but had not thought of the right approach. With that one statement, I knew the type of video that I want to create! You're already ahead of the game, and your video intrigues the viewer so that they will contact you for more info. You go, girl! Congrats again on the video and other progress to date. Best wishes for every continued happiness and success!
Karen Commins
http://www.KarenCommins.com
My audiobooks on Audible.com: http://goo.gl/3A5Mu6
AVATC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby skannie » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Very well done!!! I don't think you need to hire a video expert. You are the expert in the message you want to convey.
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Scanner Tribe Group on Facebook
Scanner Tribe group on LinkedIn
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:22 pm

It's a nice feel good video, and well done as much as I know how to make videos :). One thing I looked for right away was content surrounding the video, but the site was mostly bare. (Maybe you're planning that later). Anyhow, just something that caught me. (I just reread your post, I see this was just a "video display" site).
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby katchal » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:13 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad you liked the video! It really does communicate why I started the company. Hopefully we'll have a lot more content soon when the first site launches in beta in a few weeks. AVATC, good luck with your video - that would be a great way to showcase your voice talents. I put this one together for about $75 using Camtasia and some of my own photos and stock photos from iStockphoto. The music track is from iStock too. I wrote the script one night about 3am when the idea for the video struck.
katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Davidharris » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:11 am

Video marketing gained huge importance in today’s competitive era. Since these Videos form the base of introducing and advertising your product so Explainer Videos Importance has led the business to another level in the market. If you are you one of the many entrepreneurs, businessmen or online marketers who want to gain online visibility throughout , well in that case, you absolutely have to take the time and consider through the fundamental ethics required in order to create an aesthetic and enticing explainer video.
Last edited by Davidharris on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davidharris
New User
New User

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi, Davidharris, and welcome to the boards. Do you have a wish and obstacle (by any chance?)
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:19 pm

David - if you are posting to old threads with links for your own business, that is not allowed.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Success Stories