The $100 Hour - Income Stream Ideas

Need a job? Hate the idea of a job? Want some ideas for alternative ways of earning a living? This is your forum.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: The $100 Hour - Income Stream Ideas

Postby Tituba » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:51 am

I think you mean "How to Cook a Wolf" It is available at www.borders.com, www.abebooks.com & www.barnesandnoble.com
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby FrugalMissy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Wow, this is a great thread! I have found at least ten ideas that I can do too. I will sit and try to think of some ideas to ad that haven't been mentioned... One i didn't see was to set up an aquarium for people/businesses. They provide the fish, aquarium, and decorations, you put it all together.
FrugalMissy
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:47 pm

Here's how to build a Macaquarium http://www.unlikelymoose.com/more/macqu ... sis02.html You can print out this thread and keep it in a binder. Easier to read that way
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby FrugalMissy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:10 pm

I love the macquarium, that's fantastic.
FrugalMissy
New Poster
New Poster

Postby kashtanka » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:13 pm

I would pay $100 for someone to repair the nail holes in my livingroom where I've hung large paintings and mirrors. It would probably take less than an hour for a person to do.
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby FrugalMissy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:53 am

What about a Courier or bike messenger? Im not sure about the rules for that kind of stuff, or how you'd charge, but if you could deliver a few items an hour, depending on your area and what you could charge, it could be somewhat lucrative.
FrugalMissy
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Unity » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:36 am

kashtanka wrote:I would pay $100 for someone to repair the nail holes in my livingroom where I've hung large paintings and mirrors. It would probably take less than an hour for a person to do.
Do you mean just fill the holes or plaster/paint the walls as well?
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kashtanka » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Unity, I didnt' mean to paint the walls. Just fill in the holes with caulking material and smooth out the surface. I have a lot of nail holes from changing things around all the time. Since I've been in this apartment I've changed the main picture over the sofa about 8 times and there are probably around 30 holes in that wall.
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kashtanka » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Thanks. It's so easy I can't beleive I was thinking about hiring someone. After I fill the holes I need to hang a 37 lb. mirror on the wall. That's something I know all about, but the weight is going to make it necessay to be very carefull.
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby FrugalMissy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:53 am

I was thinking about this again, and thought of another. Helping people seal up the house for the season...like plastic-ig windows and putting on the storm windows or whatever is par for the area. Might take more than an hour, but one could charge accordingly...
FrugalMissy
New Poster
New Poster

Re: "How to Cook a Wolf"

Postby missC » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:45 am

Arsinoe wrote:
BarbaraSher wrote: (A book written in the Great Depression and still passed around when I was in college in the 50's, was a sort of cookbook/survival book called 'How To Cook A Wolf,' - meaning the wolf at your door - and it specialized in a highly nutritious boiled mash of vegetables discarded by grocers which, after being cooled in one's basement (no fridge), could be sliced, fried and eaten. He declared it was tasty. Ours wasn't. I doubt it was nutritious either, after being boiled so long. This dish was called 'Sludge')
Someone should revise and reprint that cookbook. Sell it at supermarket check-out lines. My current version of this strategy is a bit less drastic, but quite effective: Only buy food that is On Sale this week, and supplement with things that are already in your cupboard or freezer. Every week one can find some sort of vegetable, fruit and protein. Often one can find some bread and dairy products, too. I have cut my grocery bills drastically by sticking to the weekly flier, and purchasing nothing else. Get creative!
I do pretty much this, but shop less than once weekly - fortnightly, or sometimes every three weeks. I rely a lot on what I already have in, and if you're willing to experiment and open your mind it's amazing what can make a meal. As well as my wallet, I think it's improved my health. I'm not sure we're supposed to run on a luxury diet all the time, i.e. whatever you want whenever you want it.
activity is king' taylor parkes check out my immortal thoughts at: http://bitchinbooks.co.uk
missC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Deleted

Postby funnyvalentine » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:19 am

Deleted
Last edited by funnyvalentine on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funnyvalentine
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby westindianangel » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Don't do the Lionbridge thing... it's a scam.
westindianangel
New User
New User

Postby westindianangel » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:36 am

Didn't read everything to see if this was said already, but what about working either with a local restaurant or business complex to deliver lunches to employees?
westindianangel
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Jobs & Income Streams