September 2016 Daily Stepping

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: September 2016 Daily Stepping

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:27 pm

Lynx,

There's one thing that wasn't mentioned. The back and forth motion of the arms and legs connects the right brain and left brain, which creates balance and a better communication between the two.

Thanks for sharing the piece!
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm going for a walk.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:12 pm

Elaine Glimme wrote:I'm going for a walk.

:lol:
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:59 am

Any time I'm about to start something that's hard, I immediately get the desire to go for a walk. Now I know why. And I remember, in college, when I was studying for big tests, I'd study for about fifteen minutes and then go do something else, then study some more. I must have sat still and worked for large blocks of time, but I can't really remember doing that. Also, it reminds me of Lynden's comments about working in spurts.

Anyway, I just figured out what I'm going to do to Weasel. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I should probably add the devil icon. No I shouldn't.

Molly seconds the 'go for a walk' idea. She's game for as many walks as she can get. Especially if she can dog nap in between.

Okay, I've written down some of the stuff about what I'm dong to Weasel. I need to write down the rest of it before it disappears out of my brain. (Rubbing hands together in expectation.) This is the fun part of writing.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:01 am

My writing - Short burst of happy, followed by long burst "I can't do this."

Still worried about Tom (my husband) and my mother-in-law (in that order.) It's the end of life scenario. I worry about my mother-in-law, but it's really taking a toll on my husband, and he's the one I worry about the most.

I forgot who said this: "80% of success is showing up." So with my writing, I'll try to show up.

Good steppin' to all of you.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:54 pm

HI ya-ll

Elaine, it was Woody Allen said something like that. The more experience I get the lower the percent.

I got my first review of the weekend in just past noon. Which is close enough to my self imposed noon submit time. A lot of prep and using the voice to text when I got home made for a longer review. Hope readers appreciate it.

http://www.dramainthehood.net/2016/09/rhinoceros/

A few hours with no much on the 'need to do list.' Sheesh - don't want to give my partner any ideas. Another review coming tonight.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi Lynx,

I read your review. This is the first time I've read your writing. I'm impressed! Such smooth, tight writing that flows so well. Strong from start to finish.

I loved your ending -- the mismatched socks suggestion. I might give that a try.

Does "Mayor Murray’s “growth” agenda" refer to some local politics?

Inspire
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lynx » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi IS, Thanks for the look at and + comments.

Yes Mayor Murray refers to our current mayor in Seattle who is deep in cahoots with the developer's agenda for forcing out poor renters & paving over Seattle with high-rent condos for software workers. It's gotten very ugly and likely to get uglier.

.... Not everyone is a rhino.

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

the 5/25 Yes/no Ratio

Postby Lynx » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:30 am

Hi

James Althucher has a great piece on sorting out Yes and No.

https://medium.com/the-mission/using-th ... .uv06acwxz

Some taketominds

“Yes” steals years of your life. You never get them back. “No” adds years.

“No” is how you whittle down and sculpt yourself into a work of art. “Yes” is how you burn up and burn out.

Reminds me of Thoreau's quote:"A person is rich in proportion to the number of things which they can afford to let alone." [updated with inclusive pronouns.]

Lynx
Last edited by Lynx on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: the 5/25 Yes/no Ratio

Postby inspiresuccess » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Lynx wrote:“Yes” steals years of your life... “No” adds years. [/color][/size] Lynx

I had to read this several times before I got it. Shows how often I say yes when I should say no. I've made progress over the years, but it's going to take a lifetime to break that habit.

Thanks, Lynx
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:45 am

Great review, Lynx.

I wish I could write something like "Rhinoceros."
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:01 am

My non-steppin' life is interfering with steppin'. I don't have trouble saying "no." But sometimes you have to say "yes." And I have to help care for my MIL. She's a great lady. She's kind, and smart, and funny. And she always baked the muffins and helped everyone else. And yes she found time for water aerobics, and tole painting, and flying to Mexico. She just did it all right. When she was 80, she and her sister opened a second hand book store, because there wasn't a book store in the area. So yes, I'll help care for her. The big problem is that I sleep poorly under the best of circumstances, and the days that I'm with her, I can't sleep at night. I say yes to melatonin, chamomile, and occasionally Tylenol, and Tylenol p.m. But I still mess up my sleep, and it takes me days to get a good sleep pattern back. (Good being relative.) Today I don't want to do anything. Just stare into space. And no I can't sleep now.

So this is me venting. Maybe I'll stare at what I wrote about Weasel hoping the caffeine kicks in.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:05 pm

Elaine,

Your mother-in-law sounds like a wonderful person. I'm sad for her, your husband, and you. I know from personal experience how difficult it is to care for a loved one who needs so much care. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Remember, the "germination" period in creative work can be a plus. Who knows what is percolating just below the surface of your consciousness. You may not being putting words on paper, but it doesn't mean your mind isn't working on it. God only knows what Weasel is up to now! Slicky Slime-ball!

Blessings to you and your family.

Love, Inspire
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:01 pm

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and blessings. The word "blessing" reminds me that, even though end-of-life is hard, it's also a time of blessings, of healing, of finding strengths, and love in unexpected places.

You're right about everything, the percolating, the germinating, and, yes, Weasel is up to something truly diabolic. Will he succeed? Or will the impossible happen, and Weasel will get what's coming to him? All my in-person friends are rooting for a truly painful ending for him. I see it all perfectly in my head. Then I put in on paper, and reality points out all the weak spots.

I'll write a little tonight.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

14 — down biorhythms

Postby Lynx » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:06 am

Hi folks,

All my biorhythms are down. If you dont know much about bio-r take a drive around with your favorite search engine. "Controversial" according to the science police; "works for me" according to me.

I run my bio-r through excel for the 23 day physical, 28 day emotional, and 33 day intellectual rhythms. In the last few years I've added a composite score that averages the 3. Usually that score runs between 3.5 and 7.5. Today my score will drop to 0.2. My friend jokes any lower and we'll have to check your pulse.

As these are part of the down half of the cycles, that means the rebound starts after the half rhythm: 11.5, 14, & 16.5 days. Which then means that the worse is falling around the half day from my time of birth (8 AM), or around 8 PM tonite.

Worked all this out when I could barely stay asleep as even the weight of my skin annoyed me. Everything annoys me. I could be a great product or design or user experience tester about now.

I see my times gone. Driving rather than biking uphill to help a friend—on the lowest traffic streets I know.

Lynx
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories