I LOST 50 POUNDS

Success means taking real steps in the direction of your dream. Talk about them here. You deserve to be commended, hailed, supported, admired, copied and shamelessly promoted.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: I LOST 50 POUNDS

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:45 pm

I know that weight gain is a side-effect of some medications.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Elaine Glimme wrote:I know that weight gain is a side-effect of some medications.

That's why I gained the weight in the first place. I went from BMI healthy, to slightly overweight, to over weight, to highly over weight. When I crossed the line into "slightly" obese I said -- enough. I was willing to take 1/3 of what I was taking and that's it.

I gained it slowly. I lost it slowly.

Whenever I have a problem the doctors always suggest increasing it. I just keep saying no. Good practice for feeling comfortable saying NO. :D
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:31 pm

I just posted to my blog an eight year weight summary -- a graph of weight, fat and waist size November 2008. Lexapro coincided with a steep increase in my stats.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:35 pm

SquarePeg wrote:I just posted to my blog an eight year weight summary -- a graph of weight, fat and waist size November 2008. Lexapro coincided with a steep increase in my stats.

Wow! You're much more organized and detailed than I am. I'm going to go check it out. I also forgot to mention that my percentage of fat went down 10 points after using Nutribullet for 1.5 years.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:42 pm

I have the same scale you do. Your fat is 19%?????? MIne is 32 after being 42 a year and a half ago. But I don't exercise at all at this point in my life. Plus, I'm a woman and I know the % of fat is different for men and women. The lowest mine has ever been is 25% and that's when I was in my 20's running and weight training and taking aerobics classes. I had really high definition muscles because of the weight training.

Now I look like a very thin, little old lady. I'm hoping to build up exercise again. Eventually, I'd like to run again. I haven't done it in about 20-25 years and I have knee and ankle problems. I've been doing research at the library about older folks running. I think in a year or two I will be able to do it. I'm focusing a lot on now on how to prevent knee/ankle/back/hip etc injuries.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:52 pm

I love my NutriBullet. Use it at least once a week (more in the summer). Ever since I had my gall bladder out, I've been struggling with digestive issues. Sometimes I just have a smoothie for dinner. Easier on my stomach.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Tituba, a 10-point drop in fat% is awesome! Well done!

inspiresuccess, yes fat has been 19% according to my Tanita scale. The highest it's ever been was 22%. I think one time I selected Female and got a much higher reading, so it is suspicious.

Added: I have a very high electrical resistance. I wonder if that makes the reading lower than it should be.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:34 pm

SquarePeg wrote:Tituba, a 10-point drop in fat% is awesome! Well done!

Hey, I'm the one who had the 10% fat drop!

Women naturally have a higher percentage of fat than men. If I start exercising again my fat% should go lower. Since I was exercising a lot when I had 25% I'm sure that's the lowest I can expect. I'll never exercise as much as I did at that point, but I'll take whatever extra drop I can.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:37 pm

Tituba wrote:I love my NutriBullet. Use it at least once a week (more in the summer). Ever since I had my gall bladder out, I've been struggling with digestive issues. Sometimes I just have a smoothie for dinner. Easier on my stomach.

Tituba, It's so good to have you active on the boards again. You were gone a long time. Welcome back. I'm glad the Nutribullet is helping with digestive issues.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:57 am

inspiresuccess wrote:
SquarePeg wrote:Tituba, a 10-point drop in fat% is awesome! Well done!

Hey, I'm the one who had the 10% fat drop!

Women naturally have a higher percentage of fat than men. If I start exercising again my fat% should go lower. Since I was exercising a lot when I had 25% I'm sure that's the lowest I can expect. I'll never exercise as much as I did at that point, but I'll take whatever extra drop I can.
Whoooops! I'm so sorry inspiresuccess!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:28 pm

You're all awesome. And yes, women naturally carry more fat than men.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Lyndon » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:42 pm

Congrats on your fat-editing successes!

For umpteen years (at least 1985 to 2001) I was putting on a bit over 6 pounds a year, -- which worked out to less than 2 ounces of rationalization or denial a week.
Making a U-turn to lose a couple pounds a week is something I pat myself on the back for. I try to avoid stressing myself with "Why aren't you getting rid of this faster?!?!?!?" until I stress myself into "I need a bag of Oreos" level.
Lyndon
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Success Stories