How does You Tube work

Tell us your wish, tell us your obstacle, and we'll try to come up with some useful suggestions to help you get into action toward your dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

How does You Tube work

Postby jcjm » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:09 am

I converted some of my articles to videos and posted on You Tube. Great start.

But I'm not sure how the mathematics behind searches works there.

Anybody know how to get people to see the videos besides buying ads from them for placement or posting them on Facebook or other social media?
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: How does You Tube work

Postby pattyn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:58 am

I know that most videos get watched because they show up in the "Up Next" list for other videos. Those choices are based on two things: (1) matching key words in your title and description and the one that's currently being viewed and (2) how popular your video is (views / shares/ comments). You have a good bit more control over the first than the second, and dishonesty in the first can seriously reduce your score on the second. Searches are also based on these two things, except that you need to match the search terms.
- Patty Newbold
Director, Sher Success Teams
Marriage Education Author/Speaker - assumelove.com - enjoybeingmarried.com
pattyn
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: How does You Tube work

Postby SquarePeg » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Youtube is a subsidiary of Google. My guess is that its search algorithm is the same as Google's, but I don't know for sure. My square peg blog shows up fairly high in results (some times page 1) if the search is for "square peg round world blog", for instance. The more actively I blog, the higher it seems to go.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Wishes and Obstacles